It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to the President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? ...

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? ...

That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation ...

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore

www.michaelmoore.com...

Mod Edit: A reminder, please do not paste entire articles, add some of your thoughts and provide links when you quote something.

[edit on 9/2/2005 by Gools]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Why would you post a 'letter' from a known show-boater like michael moore?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
who cares who wrote it needed to be said. Even if he is a show-boater that doesn't matter if what he said is true.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Kramthenothing]

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Kramthenothing]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

because this 'letter' has some good points in it, regardless of his agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Kill the messenger!!

Right on Nygdan!!

sarcasm ^^^^

Isn't it about time compassion trumps politics?

[edit on 2-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i thought i swore i saw national guardsmen and choppers helping to try maintain order and trying to save those people who are stuck on the roofs of houses. o yeah Michael Moore didnt see dat.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There are some helicopters in the affected areas but not enough to meet the needs of the huge numbers of people that have been affected by the Hurricane and the floods that followed.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
i thought i swore i saw national guardsmen and choppers helping to try maintain order and trying to save those people who are stuck on the roofs of houses. o yeah Michael Moore didnt see dat.

of course there has been some helicopters out there, you'd be an idiot to say there weren't. he's being critical of the amount of the response.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Of course michael moore's extreme obesity limits him from rendering any assistance, but how about he give some of that money? He could probably afford a chopper or two.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yeah, Michael might be a bit of a prick, but hey, this letter is pretty funny and does have some good points....

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Actually if you read his letter in it's entirity it's clear he's just on another rant and whining to the president. Has michael moore donated yet? As i said he has alot more money than any of us, what's he doing to help these people. Why doesnt he start looking for places to relocate people for the time being, i hear the church parishes are accepting refugees, is he?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Dear Michael Moore,

This is an open letter from one American person. While you blast the American Government on behalf of the people of New Orleans, I ask, who asked you to? You were born in Michigan, live in New York City, scream “HELP AMERICA FIRST BY NOT INVESTING OVERSEAS” (Was arrested during filming of the video "Sleep Now In The Fire" by Rage Against The Machine, protesting Wall Street and the investment of American money overseas) Yet you drive a German made VW. What interest do you have in New Orleans except a chance to get some free press. How many times have you lived, worked, filmed, vacationed in New Orleans, or Mississippi for that matter. Have you ever been south of St.Louis? I lived in New Orleans until 1996 when my job took me away. I have friends that evacuated when they were told, and some who did not and now are missing. I am going down there Sunday and start looking for my friends that did not leave. They didn’t know how big it was going to be, and neither did the forecasters or government, or YOU! It took a little while to respond to the situation. The workers and guard is now there…where are you Mr. Moore. You want to shoot your mouth off about something you have no idea about, lets’ see what kind of man you are. I will be leaving San Diego Sunday morning around 4:30 am…if you need a ride let me know. I would be glad to help you do your part. Lets stop talking (or writing) Mr. Moore and lets’ go do something!

A New Orleans Transplant.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Regardless of the article the frederal government has done a terrible job with relief. President Bush even admiited it and thats about the first time he's ever admitted anything.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by UFObeliever]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
where is the personal responsibility in this crisis? all we here about is where is the federal government. i am asking where is the mayor and the gov?

why weren't they preparing their citizens for this?

why didn't the citizens bottle some water, get a few cans of food to hold for a couple of days until the relief arrived?

when we were all worried about y2k, how many had food/water to last for two-three weeks? i know i was ready.

bottom line is you have a responsibility to take care of yourself at a minimal level.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The sad part is that this fat man (Michael Moore) made over a hundred million dollars off of his movie about 9/11 (I won't quote the exact title as I don't want to give him anymore press than he already got and put another dollar in his pocket) and probably didn't donate a dime to any of the 9/11 funds.

This man has made so much money documenting, or lying about, the suffering of others (9/11, Columbine, etc.) yet has contributed nothing but smart-alec comments. I'm sure if Michael Moore decided to skip one of his 12 meals a day, there'd be enough to feed half of New Orleans. But more seriously... this man is a millionaire. How much has he contributed? Will we see him producing a film based on the aftermath of Katrina? I just feel that if there's any "celebrity" that should be donating a substantial amount of money to the relief effort for these victims, it's Michael Moore.

Please don't let my insults and obvious hatred for Michael Moore blind you from the points I tried to make. If he spent more time writing checks to the Red Cross and less time looking for any opportunity to bash President Bush, then maybe he could have saved a few lives- a few lives that are certainly worth more than his own.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
You know its my belief that what lost kerry the election was this fat slimes face jabbering on and on.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Michael Moore did it all wrong...he was to nice, probably didnt send it to the Whitehouse. Another piece of evidence that he didnt write it correctly is he didnt receive a visit from the Secret Service.

When you receive a visit, you know you wrote the letter correctly

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Excuse me,

I'm trying to figure out what kind of thread this is! There has not been one single nice or conversational post in it.

Why do all of you feel such a need to put each other down, put down people you don't even know, except by reputation?

Originally posted by waaa

Isn't it about time compassion trumps politics?

Sorry, there was one constructive comment.

[edit on 9/3/2005 by CyberKat]

top topics

join