It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Clarifies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
All of you murderous hypocrites out there who claim that "God is on our side" should take a look at this:

NEW YORK�Responding to recent events on Earth, God, the omniscient creator-deity worshipped by billions of followers of various faiths for more than 6,000 years, angrily clarified His longtime stance against humans killing each other Monday...

www.theonion.com...

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is a truly great article! Good find!

The press conference came as a surprise to humankind, as God rarely intervenes in earthly affairs. As a matter of longstanding policy, He has traditionally left the task of interpreting His message and divine will to clerics, rabbis, priests, imams, and Biblical scholars. Theologians and laymen alike have been given the task of pondering His ineffable mysteries, deciding for themselves what to do as a matter of faith. His decision to manifest on the material plane was motivated by the deep sense of shock, outrage, and sorrow He felt over the Sept. 11 violence carried out in His name, and over its dire potential ramifications around the globe.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
...it was once said........."Silly little humans."

When one wants to know what evil is, what the Devil is, why things happen in this world today.....one does not have to look far. Walk to the closest mirror and look at what you see....look beyond the facial features, the bad hair day, etc.....look to what you are.....a human, classified as: "Man."

We are all at the root causes for the conditions which exist in this world today...and in the past. The grandest teachings, from one of the Greatest of Great Teachers: Jesus, was not that we shall have everlasting life --- but that we do; not that we shall have brotherhood in God, but that we do; not that we shall have whatever we request, but that we do.

We are the "creators" of our own realities, and life can show up no other way for us than that way in which we think it will. We think it into being. This has also been called the first step in creation. God the Father, the Source of All, is thought. Our thought is the parent which gives birth to all things.

Thought is creative.
Fear attracts like energy.
Love is all there is.

Love is the ultimate reality....it is the only....the all...the feeling of Love is our experience of God.

This article was 'spot-on' MidnightDStroyer.

It speaks a volume of truth though some will deny this. It also teaches some 'old' forgotten 'universal truths'.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
but why do people still want to portray the great creator as some god of a white guy. that is the root of the problem. the all that is needs to be respected as such. poor fools

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Now if he'd just tell us which one he meant...Isaac or Ishmael, as the seed of Abraham, we could just get this whole nasty middle east mess once and for all!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
but why do people still want to portray the great creator as some god of a white guy. that is the root of the problem. the all that is needs to be respected as such. poor fools

The root of the problem is not color, but that is your subjective judgement and conclusion. Does it really matter? It shouldn't...... For those that it does matter, they are not truly seeing anything but a 'color'.
God could be Green for all I care.....it makes no difference to me. When I listen to someone speak, I'm not judging him by his color, his appearance, etc....I am weighing "the words" that he speaks. The color does not make the man nor does color make God.

The "poor fools" are the ones that can't look beyond this.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
First time I read that I fell over I laughed so hard. This time I just wet myself.
Thanks for rediscovering it for us MD!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
yet you must understand what i am implying, that there is no god that word dosent exist, there is the all that is, mass consciousness, infinite wisdom. not some being that has been blessed by the creator with different traits that a man portrays as god himself, do you understand or is your pride stricken?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If you don't know what the word 'blasphemy' means then by all means read this article and you will figure it out.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   

but why do people still want to portray the great creator as some god of a white guy. that is the root of the problem. the all that is needs to be respected as such

Seekerof,
I think what he is refering to is the fact that many other religions in the world do not believein the same god as christians do.

Hindus, Bhuddists are a prime example.
They find no common place with the christian god.
Every religion has a different aspect on God/Gods
Deep

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Of course, if you to look at it from ANY one religion, it is pure blasphemy...that's likely why I like it so much, hehe...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
but i appreciate your attempts at bridging communication gaps between me and seeker, yet what i mean is what i say, not what one says 4 me.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

[Seekerof,
I think what he is refering to is the fact that many other religions in the world do not believein the same god as christians do.

Hindus, Bhuddists are a prime example.
They find no common place with the christian god.
Every religion has a different aspect on God/Gods
Deep

Just like the blind men with the elephant story...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The term Buddha means Hand of God are you then implying it is blasphemy for them to apply this definition?

Keep in mind they do not say "Hand of our God."

Are you saying its blasphemy to say God does not want us to kill anyone? Or are you defining "anyone" in some unique way?

Nice link MD

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It's really really Good :-). I liked it a bunch and you know, that sounds a lot like the GOD I believe in.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
yet you must understand what i am implying, that there is no god that word dosent exist, there is the all that is, mass consciousness, infinite wisdom. not some being that has been blessed by the creator with different traits that a man portrays as god himself, do you understand or is your pride stricken?

Bigsage...
Be assurd that pride had no part to play in my comment....but, truth did.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You are adorable for finding that! Thanx! Hahahah it is so funny too. And SO good! Alright! Finally! NO MORE
VIOLENCE!

Thank-You. It is about time!

Let's all please remember those words all of the time. Not some of the time.......ALL of the time!

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, go read the article from the first post.

posted on Sep, 4 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, actually, if I was the kind of god that I think the god of the Abrahamic religions was, I wouldn't come down and expostulate on some podium somewhere, then weep and shrug my shoulders.

I would snuff out this useless hunk or rock with less than the bat of an eyelid... or, if I had other plans for it and admired it as a unique little pest of a marble, I would probably just wipe out the dominant species, to restore some natural order to the place.

Then go on to more important things.

top topics

join