It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers in New Orleans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What seems to be a bunch of snipers has been making attacks on Charity Hospital in New Orleans. They fired on the actual building and targetted vehicles shuttle-ing patients and supplies between Charity and Tulane Medical Center.

"They were traveling in a convoy of amphibious vehicles, and Curiel said the vehicle behind him was targeted." - CNN

www.cnn.com...

I can understand why people would be looting stores and the like, but what would be the purpose of attacking a hospital and it's convoys?
A group of snipers acting with what seems to be a reasonable degree of organisation?

Whats going on here?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

what would be the purpose of attacking a hospital and it's convoys?

According to the mayor, it's mostly IV drug users that are raiding the hospitals. I also imagine penicillin and other drugs are needed all over the city.

The PODCast in that link is an incredible contribution of an interview with the mayor of New Orleans, well worth listening to! Quite informative and moving!

(I hope it's ok to link to PODCasts...)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
possibly anti govt militias or KKK to prevent help reaching the helpless. after all u know how people sees American soldiers coming into the city wat would yer reaction be. go get yer shotguns and rifles and shoot the American troops.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
KKK? The article does describe one shooter as wearing a white t-shirt, although that hardly means anything.
Could be though; I don't know the exact figures, but NO is something like 70 percent non-white. And looking at various images of the evacuation, one sees mostly non-white people. So could be/become KKK target....

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
We haven't seen anything even remotely like militias attacking government troops that are trying to dispurse medecine and supplies.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
possibly anti govt militias or KKK to prevent help reaching the helpless. after all u know how people sees American soldiers coming into the city wat would yer reaction be. go get yer shotguns and rifles and shoot the American troops.

KKK? talk about fictitous boogeymen

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A guy with a gun does not a sniper make. The media seems to love that word now, and anyone who shoots at someone is suddenly a "sniper'
These are people with guns who are shooting at rescuers, that's all.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
These snipers are the worst scum on the earth, they deserve to suffer.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They're not snipers. They're idiots with guns.

sniper:
A skilled military shooter detailed to spot and pick off enemy soldiers from a concealed place.
n : a marksman who shoots at people from a concealed place

I don't think that either of these definitions fits what these idiots are. If it did there would be a lot more dead from them and their shooting. The media seems to think that anyone who shoots at someone is a sniper now. It's the same in Iraq. If a soldier is killed by a single bullet, it was from a sniper, whether it was or not.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
We haven't seen anything even remotely like militias attacking government troops that are trying to dispurse medecine and supplies.

Nygdan you are a negative individual, all your post are against whatever a thread speaks about, I just wish your were in New Orleans so reality will hit you in the buttom buddy.

Hate to be so harsh but I hate people like you, if your so against everything in ATS then why not find another web site like, www.yourwrongImright.com

Open your mind and be a little more open to possibilities. Yes it's so hard to claime a theory with out any proof but hey this is what my bookie saids, belive the numbers.

And if a majority supports an issue or an event and you are vice versa, guess who's right?

Well militia and K.K.K can be a possible issue but hey Nygdan knows more than we do!!!

[edit on 2-9-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I heard on Fox earlier this day that there were also "snipers" outside a church where over 500 fire fighters and their famlies were hiding and some were "being held hostage". Fox also said they thought some of these snipers may be inmates that had escaped and got ahold of guns. I'm not making this up, I heard this one time on Fox and I've been watching it all day, I'm gonna try and find a link but havn't been able to so I'll keep looking.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpilledBeans
I heard on Fox earlier this day that there were also "snipers" outside a church where over 500 fire fighters and their famlies were hiding and some were "being held hostage". Fox also said they thought some of these snipers may be inmates that had escaped and got ahold of guns. I'm not making this up, I heard this one time on Fox and I've been watching it all day, I'm gonna try and find a link but havn't been able to so I'll keep looking.

Wow inmates man that makes more sense than those Militia claims I just hope Nygdan doesn't try to debunk your post.

Geees I'm going to turn to CNN for any info and please do post any links if you find any ,thanks!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here is a link to a little info about the inmates, though its not the same case I heard about earlier involving fire fighters today.

link

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpilledBeans
Here is a link to a little info about the inmates, though its not the same case I heard about earlier involving fire fighters today.

link

Thanks for the Link man that's a bad situation for the guard and his family.
So is this a large facility, sine there isn't a discription on how many inmates can be in such a facility. Imagine Murders,rapist and kiddie predators running wild on helpless prey, man no wonder there was all that talk about sending in troops looks like the Govenor of LA was keeping this from the media.

My only guess is we all need to help in this matter the world is looking and watching and if mahem follows the war on terrorist has arrived on our land by the way of our fello americans attacking us.

God have mercy and lets pray for everything to end with a good taste.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Nygdan you are a negative individual, all your post are against whatever a thread speaks about, I just wish your were in New Orleans so reality will hit you in the buttom buddy.

Actually, you're the negative influence here 2nd Seed. What Nygdan said was 100% accurate, what you've said is 100% baiting.

There is absolutely no indication that the KKK or right wing militias have anything at all to do with the situation. This was wild speculation, the scent of which draws helpful folks like Nygdan.

Hate to be so harsh but I hate people like you, if your so against everything in ATS then why not find another web site like, www.yourwrongImright.com

You hate Nygdan? My respect for him just went up a notch. You can tell alot about a man judging by his enemies. Why don't you find another website if you can't handle rational thinking individuals poking holes in your beloved paper tigers?

Open your mind and be a little more open to possibilities. Yes it's so hard to claime a theory with out any proof but hey this is what my bookie saids, belive the numbers.

What are you on about?

And if a majority supports an issue or an event and you are vice versa, guess who's right?

Majority doesn't determine right and wrong. That's textbook fallacy.

Well militia and K.K.K can be a possible issue but hey Nygdan knows more than we do!!!

You think the KKK is out there shooting at rescue helicopters? Is there any factual basis for that belief at all? Of course not... (If there was I wouldn't dismiss it so casually, but right now this 'theory' has about the same credibility as one proclaiming the sun lives in a cave in Arizona. There is NO proof, no supporting evidence, no decent rhetorical argument.)

If there was, we would be having a very different discussion. I think you perhaps misunderstand the purpose of ATS, this is a discussion forum, where ideas are presented and *gasp* often debunked.

I think you've got some sand in your digital swim trunks because Nygdan debunked some other crackpot theory of which you were fond. Leave it out of this discussion, please. I don't care how bad you're chaffing...

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
No I don't think K.K.K but its a good theory some other individual posted in here and I am not the one whom put that claime foward just quoted as its a possibility,...

Well I'm done here, I hope I had furfill your questions and please next time mind your own buisness, since you questioning me had nothing to do with this thread anyhow.

Please move on and seek the facts and learn that there is a system where by standards if you are 99.99% sure you are not really positive.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Now for those that question my post, I just wanted to state that as one individual claimed a possible Militia and KKK connection, I said its probable then another voiced about Inmates and I said that was probable.

I myself never said or made claime to any of these but several individuals get very offensive of the issue and it makes one wonder if they themselves are the culprits,

anyhow I myself belive it's some bullies whom just have taken a advantage to the situation and with all the chaos belive they can get away with the goods and kill with no consequences.

I just want to point out that ATS needs to advice all it's users to use a open mind when entering any threads within the ATS domain, since some of these individuals are too extremist in their issues.

Thanks and may GOD bless those who need help in this time of agony....

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah, these are not snipers, snipers are usually some type of soldier shooting at a military target not rescue workers. These are just retards with guns.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

No I don't think K.K.K but its a good theory some other individual posted in here and I am not the one whom put that claime foward just quoted as its a possibility,...

You attacked a fellow member who didn't agree with you, bottom line. Nygdan pointed out the fallacious nature of the claim, and you criticized him for it.

Well I'm done here, I hope I had furfill your questions and please next time mind your own buisness, since you questioning me had nothing to do with this thread anyhow.

This is a public forum! Mind my own business? My questioning of you had EVERYTHING to do with the subject of this thread. READ IT AGAIN.

Now for those that question my post, I just wanted to state that as one individual claimed a possible Militia and KKK connection, I said its probable then another voiced about Inmates and I said that was probable.

Do you know what the word probable means? It means likely to happen. Possible means it COULD happen, under the right circumstances, it MIGHT, MAYBE, happen.

This contradicts your earlier statement where you said you didn't think it was probable. I suggest you get your story straight.

I myself never said or made claime to any of these but several individuals get very offensive of the issue and it makes one wonder if they themselves are the culprits,

anyhow I myself belive it's some bullies whom just have taken a advantage to the situation and with all the chaos belive they can get away with the goods and kill with no consequences.

I believe the same thing. Fancy that.

I just want to point out that ATS needs to advice all it's users to use a open mind when entering any threads within the ATS domain, since some of these individuals are too extremist in their issues.

Anything is possible. But probable is a whole different story.

An open mind is fine, but some conspiracy theories do immesurable damage to the conspiracy community's reputation. No matter what you say in the backpedal stage, you still need to avoid picking on people in the future, actions speak louder than words. Attack the theory, not the man. Nygdan is not your enemy, nor am I, there's no reason to attack people unprovoked. I saw you doing just that so I spoke up. If you don't like what I have to say on the subject, or the way I'm saying it, either ignore me or don't do it again.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Oh that sounds strange, It would perhaps be better if you would post this on ATSNN...

new topics

top topics

join