It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Mayor Lashes Out at Feds (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I heard on a local station a few days ago The mayor was hopeful that help would come soon. 5 days later he is getting pretty mad at the whole situation and feels like people are being forgotten.

www.cnn.com
Mayor Ray Nagin's voice cracked with anger and anguish Thursday night in an interview with New Orleans radio station WWL.

"We're getting reports and calls that [are] breaking my heart from people saying, 'I've been in my attic. I can't take it anymore. The water is up to my neck. I don't think I can hold out.' And that's happening as we speak."

Nagin said the time has long past for federal authorities to act on their promises.

"You mean to tell me that a place where you probably have thousands of people that have died and thousands more that are dying every day, that we can't figure out a way to authorize the resources that we need? Come on man," he said.

"I need reinforcements," he pleaded. "I need troops, man. I need 500 buses, man. This is a national disaster.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well as an outsider looking in, I am not going to act like I know what I am talking about but I will say a few things.

Do you guys remember 9/11? Remember as soon as it happened FEMA was there on 9/10 so that things can get going. The city was locked down by 5pm. Recovery started around dark. People were all up for helping.

Now we have NO there, there is nothing going on, its been 5 days. The supposive safe haven has turned into a morgue and or a prison if you will. There are people still hiding in thier ceilings, people are being told they arent allowed to leave the city altho there are orders to evacuate everyone NOW. People are having thier cars taken, all kinda other bad things going on.

All I have to say is this dont seen like a good thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
While this is somewhat covered in the "bush aint doing it" threads...

it does give the opportunity to show the humaness of the mayor...I couldn't help but agree with everything he said.

when he said "we ought to have greyhounds lined up to the border" and when he cussed... it was just real... I like "real" in my politicians... and i especially like it when they don't tow the company line, and feel they can critisize a process that has been poorly handled.

that dude is the right amount of cool at the right time...
to him, and
to the people who are trying so hard to remain civilized amidst the chaos...

d1k

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

new topics

join