It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Directing Donations To Pat Robertson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just thought I would point this out to all here

FEMA has released to the media and on its Web site a list of suggested charities to help the storm’s hundreds of thousands of victims. The Red Cross is first on the list. Don’t give to the Red Cross
The Rev. Pat Robertson’s “Operation Blessing” is next on the list.

RED CROSS WITHOLDING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY??
The Red Cross, under the Liberty Fund, collected $564 million in donations after 9/11. Months after the event, the Red Cross had distributed only $154 million.

Then Red Cross President Dr. Bernadine Healy arrogantly responded when questioned about the withholding of funds by stating, "The Liberty Fund is a war fund. It has evolved into a war fund."

other

One of Pat Robertson's Latest Frauds
OFFICIALS MUM ON ROBERTSON DIAMOND MINE OPERATION PROBE

[edit on 2/9/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
say it aint so!!!

I'm have to walk away for a while

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Just another sign that the FEMA people are not doing the job....

the head of FEMA yesterday said on the air : we didn't know there were starving people in the New Orleans convention center...

maybe they should have watched the news... it was on it every 5 minutes for the last 4 days...

And yeah... DONT give money to Red cross or Pat robertson...
there are many local churches that are doing far more...

or better yet... buy some toilet paper, soap, food, and water... and send it to the astrodome. DIRECT action... what a novel thought.

I guarantee that anything sent to the astrodome will get used and not one cent will be taken out to administer the program... wow... maybe we don't really need Pat after all...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

or better yet... buy some toilet paper, soap, food, and water... and send it to the astrodome. DIRECT action... what a novel thought.

I guarantee that anything sent to the astrodome will get used and not one cent will be taken out to administer the program... wow... maybe we don't really need Pat after all...

LOL,

So quaint.

They should get there just in time for the next football match.

The authorities can't get stuff in there but the postal service can ???

The Government need to evacuate the City completely and work from there.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic.

Go Red Cross. What they don't use will help out someone else.

You can't have a situation where victims and their relatives become millionares on the back of disasters.

That's what happenned with the stream of money on 9/11 and that is why not all of it was spent.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'm not surprised at all. He's probably taking a healthy share of the proceeds for himself, or else he would be condeming this disaster as "god's Judgement on America for homosexuals and abortion," as he and Falwell both did after 9/11, another inane comment that Robertson tried to wiggle his way out of later. Some people really just need to shut up and go away, and Robertson is at the top of that list.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
FEMA is a joke, and because of their mistakes and inadaquacies with and in New Orleans, instead of the blame being taken by them, the buck will be passed to the president, as insinuated by Ted Koppel on Nightline last night. :shk:

seekerof

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I agree that FEMA is a pthetic joke, but equally lame is the DHS, who have done nothing here, either. As for Bush, he cut short his vacation and made a few speeches. Gee, thanks. There's plenty of blame to go around here, and while conservatives may wring their hands that Bush deserves no blame---for a guy who wants to usher in an "era of responsibility" he never seems to accept any---I really don't mind seeing him take a lot of blame, deserved or not. If you remember back to 9/11 we were all told to "rally around the flag" and "support the President" and the spinelsss Democrats did just that. Meanwhile, you know damn well that if the attack had occured during a Clinton or gore administration, the Republican response would have been "It happened on this guy's watch! They lefft our country unprepared!" So while the gutlessness of the Dems is appalling enough , the crass and craven double-standards the Republicans often employ are even more nauseating, in my opinion. You know they would be blaming a Democratic administration to high heaven for not "being prepared" enough for a disaster like this , so this time, I hope the Democats in congress get off their a$$es and throw some blame at Bush instead of being cow-towed into putting up a phony "united front." He did significantly cut the Army Corps of Engineers budget, which was proposing some plans that may have helped prevent New Orleans from succumbing to a disaster like this. Whether or not they would have worked is pure specualtion, but one does get the sense of a vast deficiency of leadership coming from Bush right now, and I hope that for once the Dems are able to drive this point home---you know the Republicans would waste no time making political hay if the tables were reversed.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I guarantee that anything sent to the astrodome

How the hell are you going ot send anything to the astrodome? its postal office isn't open, there aren't mail carriers delivering or fedex trucks racing past the government vehicles.

seekerof
the buck will be passed to the president

The president has top authority and responsibility for all executive agenecies and his appointees, like FEMA. Though it hardly matters are this point, since the president can't run for re-election anyway. Clearly those incompetent nothings at fema and its over organization, Homeland Security, need to be replaced.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I guarantee that anything sent to the astrodome

How the hell are you going ot send anything to the astrodome? its postal office isn't open, there aren't mail carriers delivering or fedex trucks racing past the government vehicles.

FYI Nygdan
... the astrodome is the relocation center in HOUSTON... and yes... UPS is delivering...
go UPS...

so go ahead and send some stuff to:
Needy people
C/O Astrodome security...
8400 Kirby Drive,
Houston

I know with all the excuses it is easier to say..." nope... couldn't be that easy.."
but guess what... IT IS...
makes you wonder why people would argue, Do they fail to see that most of the survivors are no longer in New Orleans... but still need help, wherever they are...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

LOL,

So quaint.

They should get there just in time for the next football match.

The authorities can't get stuff in there but the postal service can ???

The Government need to evacuate the City completely and work from there.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by John bull 1]

I am sorry... I dont understand... why would we evacuate Houston?
and yes, UPS is delivering to all of houston... not one area flooded yet...
and If i recall... the autorities have Houston area covered for food and water (so far) ...
the people need things like clothes, soap, TP, and anything else you would need if you were in a different state with nothing but the clothes on your back.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I dont think so.

Let us keep the money out of his evil hands.

I can just see him praying for the poor souls of this disaster, the hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

join