It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members - make your voice heard..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I should be away resting and trying to fight a battle against anorexia, but i cannot sit and watch what's going on in New Orleans and other areas, without trying to rally members here to do something. Katrina has left some much death that one finds is extremely hard to describe, but is harder is the lack of support that is being carried out.

So what can we do? well, ATS has a rare community of caring community and i have seen the saddess in posts about Katrina. Some feel helpless and others don't know what to do.

below, is links on how to contact members of your Senate and Congress. Im starting the process of contacting them asking why they are taking their time to help the victims, plus numerous other questions i would like answered too.

www.senate.gov...
www.congress.org...
www.visi.com...
www.peaceday.org...
www.fema.gov...

[edit on 2-9-2005 by infinite]

[edit on 2-9-2005 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Glad to see you back buddy.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Glad to see you back buddy.

im not..

i just made one post to inform members on how to make their voice heard...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sometimes the best inspiration to lend a hand is hear how others are helping. Since the F-ing government can't get it's collective arse in gear, it's up to us to reverse the trend of this human disaster as best we can.

I've made a personal donation to the Red Cross, and we're headed to a distribution center tomorrow managed in part by the Salvation Army.

Every bit helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So the troops are there to save the f-ing phones. The bell south building. Cant let go. Bull-crap.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It's payday today baby...

I'm making my donation to red cross as we speak....Last time I made a donation was 9/11....I feel ashamed that I don't donate more, but when I do donate, it's in large sums.....

I'm also thinking about my future right now....I've been stuck in a rut with plans that seem to just continue fading and go nowhere...I have a lot of dreams but they're not coming true....

And then it dawned on me....A local nursing program....And I've made a firm resolve in the past few hours that that's exactly what I'm going to do - This nation is in dire need of nurses, I've considered the option in the past, but now it's a reality....I'm gonna do it....

So there are tons of ways people can try and help - short term and long term....

Every effort makes a difference in these times...

[edit on 9/2/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
For those of us in other nations, I encourage you to contribute donations to help ease the suffering of our American cousins as they try and come to grips with this awful tragedy. If the Boxing Day Tsunami showed us anything, it is that the spirit of kinship and generosity of the people can outweigh that of national governments.

For fellow Australians, please consider making a donation to the Australian Red Cross US Hurricane Relief Appeal.

Perhaps members from other nations can post links to their individual relief agenices who are accepting donations, such as the Red Cross in your own nation.

Edit: Forgive me, I do not know if it is against the Terms & Conditions to ask for donations on ATS. If it is, then the error is mine and I apologise.

[edit on 2/9/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Gave away over 1/4 of my clothes to the salvation army. Wasn't wearing them anyways, after the next load of laundry is done I'm going back out there, and then going to see who else can also do so.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Forgive me, I do not know if it is against the Terms & Conditions to ask for donations on ATS. If it is, then the error is mine and I apologise.

Forgive you for being a better peron, no.
Don't apologise, you did nothing wrong.

new topics

top topics

join