It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA is a complete Failure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Its only been about five days, so I can understand some the problems with the response EXCEPT FOR FEMA. What is the point of FEMA if it can't bring rapid aid to such a situation? This is what FEMA was designed for, this new orleans disaster. Can anyone really say that its worth having this organization around? Can anyone justify the emergency preparations budget of Homeland Security when it can not appropriately respond to this sort of thing? Anyone??

I've heard that people are dying of starvation, which is bunk, you don't die after 3 or four days of not eating, but you will die of several days of not drinking, or drinking brackish water. The elderly can die from complications of serveral problems, but generally healthy adults are being claimed to have dropped dead from starvation, which is complete bollocks.

But whats a far more steaming pile of dung than that is that FEMA, in particular, is completely incapable of dealing with this disaster. They are not managing this emergency, in any discernable way that I can tell. Can anyone tell me how they are handling this, especially in a way that wouldn't simply be done by other organizations?

I understand that fema has been helpful for 'small' disasters, but it doesn't seem to be able to handle hurricanes that destroy cities, massive earthquakes, or anything that is seriously damaging and would require a national level of response.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Nygdan, it does bring into question two things:

A) Where has the money gone? [Which was put into FEMA]
B) How do those who believe the N.W.O. will use FEMA explain this? [They couldn't round up kids at a School let alone the American population].

It's sad that the America people have to suffer once more so that the Government will learn.

The high-taxation system and billions wasted, allow this to happen I am just waiting to see whose shoulders this fall upon.

Edit:

Children and old people can die after three days without food and water, very easily.

[edit on 2/9/2005 by Odium]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is an outrage and an embarrassment.

Senators are calling for an investigation, but how many of the Senate were actually available to vote for the $10.5 billion the other day.
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050902/pl_nm/weather_katrina_senate_dc_1
Our government is so good at investigating, regulating, debating, appropriating, legislating but not much good at implementing.

A dark day indeed for the US government. It is the culmination of decades of moe and more government doing less and less for the citizens. :shk:

I'm sick of the whole lot of them, and the media, too, for that matter.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was flipping news channels last night and stopped on cnn headlines news.

They were showing snippets of reporter's hounding the guy in control of fema.

He said they didn't find out until yesterday that people were dying in the superdome, let alone having thousands of people held there.

Didn't find out until yesterday?!

Either he's full of # and covering someone's ass, or they are really incompetant and need to be held accountable..

Federal emergency response is the last thing people should be relying on these days.

And once again, this is another reason why i'm not a big fan of ANY government action.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's the guy who didn't know anything apparantly until yesterday... Could his credentials have anything to do with the lag time?!

Prior to joining FEMA, Mr. Brown practiced law in Colorado and Oklahoma, where he served as a bar examiner on ethics and professional responsibility for the Oklahoma Supreme Court and as a hearing examiner for the Colorado Supreme Court. He had been appointed as a special prosecutor in police disciplinary matters. While attending law school he was appointed by the Chairman of the Senate Finance Committee of the Oklahoma Legislature as the Finance Committee Staff Director, where he oversaw state fiscal issues. His background in state and local government also includes serving as an assistant city manager with emergency services oversight and as a city councilman.

Mr. Brown was also an adjunct professor of law for the Oklahoma City University.

I see he has NO training or experience in Disaster Response...

And he works for FEMA!

He should be in a court room where he belongs, not in charge of federal emergency!

His Bio

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
TL, how was this man given this job?
was he a direct appointee from bush or was he passed by the senate?

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the year in which FEMA was created as an agency in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

[edit on 7/15/2006 by Majic]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
He was appointed by bush... says so on the fema site, in his bio area.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
know whats funny?

Listening to Bush criticizing the relief efforts before day 5, listening to fema director telling us they didn't get word of it unitl day 4, but then listening to bush giving kudo's to the fema director and telling the press he's doing a bang up job whilst listening to applause from his cronies in the backround fo rsaying it.

Here I am shaking my head, thinking he's a sh*t bag for saying that, when he should be roasting is ass in the frying pan for not responding to thee biggest catastophe in the history of the US!

But Bush appointed him, so he's gotta make everyone around him look good no matter how bad they suck at their jobs....

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
FEMA is now under the umbrella of the dept of Homeland Security.

I don't know about you, but I feel less secure after the response to Katrina.

The administration is going to be faced with some hard questions.

I'll bet there response will be to blame the victims and take no responsibility for this tradgedy.

Here's another prediction; NO will be rebuilt with tax dollars but only the rich will be able to live there. The displaced victims will be left to make do in the camps of trailers provided, never allowed to return home.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Seems to sum it up.

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Nygdan]

[edit on 6-9-2005 by Nygdan]

jra

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's funny how his FEMA bio doesn't talk about him being a "Czar" of an Arabian horse association (which he was booted from). Yeah he really has the qualifications alright...

Man I hope this guy gets canned and FEMA gets removed from being apart of Homeland security. It's obviously not working well like that.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Impeach all things connected to this vile & illegal cabal.
We'll see deaths top 10,000 on US soil because this administration cut the funds for saftey measures by upwards of 83% in the face of government forecasts of severe pending storm seasons.
He appointed a horse trainer to head FEMA.

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
Impeach all things connected to this vile & illegal cabal.
We'll see deaths top 10,000 on US soil because this administration cut the funds

Congress cut the fundings for the levees and the city government of New Orleans bears great responsibility for not keeping their own levees up to snuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Majic's Political Easter Egg: Be the first to post the year in which FEMA was created as an agency in this thread and send Majic a U2U with a link to your post, and you will be awarded 500 PTS points.

FEMA was created as an agency in 1979

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Well of course FEMA is a failuare look who is running it the US government.
Can anybody name a government department or service that is run at what would be considered an acceptable standard in the "free market " ?
People might accepted government run services if they meet at least a part of there criteria but FEMA seem to fail so badly that it needs to face the axe.

There is no point replacing FEMA with another government run agency (enter name of new FEMA ) would get bloged down by the same government burocrates and systems that weighed on FEMA.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

it was changed as into angecy, March 1, 2003

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Majic's Political Easter Eggs

Originally posted by JohnDoe43
FEMA was created as an agency in 1979

Correct! By President Carter under Executive Order 12148.

500 PTS Points for you!

new topics

top topics

join