It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO SEX for Canadian Troops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
By official orders, 1900 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan will remain celibate for their entire six-month tour with the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) - a kiss, even holding hands with another soldier or civilian is grounds for disciplinary action and a one-way ticket home.

The Full Story

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Removing my sexual options is a very fast way to start a fight...

But, considering the options available in afghanistan.....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well the thing is that some of the soldiers have soldier wives stationed there with them!

I'm sort of curious to know from people who have been in the army what kind of results this would get? That is if any of them have tried it .. lol.

I mean I've heard of it for athletes in training and I've always sort of wondered if it really works.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
That's a good way to get home quick. lol

The americans would never do that, our army runs on beer , marbs, and sex.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Stupid canadian army (don't get me wrong, I'M canadian). They are so dumb at times. Like when they didn't wanted to fight in Irak. Way to go, d*mb arse.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm glad they didn't fight in Iraq. It was nice to finally see us not kissing the US' ass.
Especially after Bush treated us like we were nothing after we landed all those planes on 9/11.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That's a good way to get home quick. lol

The americans would never do that, our army runs on beer , marbs, and sex.

Ditto... Get a piece of ass, and a ticket home, what a plan!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Messedupannie

I think we should have supported the US, with or without the approval of the ONU.

I mean, if we were attacked, who would be the first we'd beg for help?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Technically, US army soldiers aint supposed to be screwing around either. But it still happens.

I am surprised, that Canada, of ALL places, would issue an order like this. I mean, they are alot more relaxed and liberal regarding sex and stuff. I could understand staying away from afghani women for relgious and heath reasons, but really.........not a fellow canadian?

Was I asleep and suddenly Asscroft took over the Canadian military?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Messedupannie

I think we should have supported the US, with or without the approval of the ONU.

I mean, if we were attacked, who would be the first we'd beg for help?

I don't believe we would have to beg. They would be quite eager to protect us. There's too much at risk for them not to.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Skadi

Yeah, it surprised me too. LOL @ the asscroft comment.

MessdUpAnnie

No, we probably wouldn't have to beg. But I think we should have supported 'em, even if it's just to show other country that America is united and strong. (even thought they didn't really needed our help) That way it *might* discourage some pissy terrorist. Now Bush snobbed us for a while (not that I really care) and more american are mocking us.

On the other hand, I heard that Canadian are mostly appreciated, wherever they go. Maybe that would have changed a bit if we participated...

Edit: ...and I went really off topic, sorry.

[Edited on 3-9-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
M0rbid

It's OK that you went off topic although I think this should be an entirely different thread and if there isn't one already on it, I will make a new one or you can.

But I disagree with you. I don't think Canada should have gone to war with Iraq. Heck, I don't even think the US should have gone to war with them! (Do not get me wrong ... Saddam Hussien is a psychotic nut).

I think Canada is viewed as a peaceful nation worldwide for reasons. Had we joined in a fight that the UN did not approve of, nor did any other nation (other than Britian), I hardly think we would have been viewed in the same way.

As for American's hating us. I think you're wrong. I think a lot more American's hate George Bush than hate Canada.

And for the record, the US started snubbing us a long time ago. With 9/11, with the soldiers that died in the American friendly fire, and with NAFTA. I hardly think we should stand united considering such treatment.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessedUpAnnie
By official orders, 1900 Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan will remain celibate for their entire six-month tour with the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) - a kiss, even holding hands with another soldier or civilian is grounds for disciplinary action and a one-way ticket home.

Well... this explains why they're not smiling.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hehe...too true William!

could understand staying away from afghani women for relgious and heath reasons

I can think of more reasons that that, hehe....

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We would never snub Canada (unless youre a republiklansmen, who can hate Canada?)

We wont be snubbing Canada for a long time. After all, where the hell else we gonna run to when the draft gets re instated? Where we gonna go to smoke good Candian weed? What would South park be without Canadian Jabs?

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Blame Canada! Blame Canada!

Hey Ike! Kick the Baby!
Don't kick the baby....
Kick the Baby!
Ahh...........!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
William, just wait, it'll be your turn next, I'm sure.
(this might be the first time that Canada takes an initiative that will be followed by other country though..)

MessedupAnnie,

Yeah, the world wide opinion about Canada would have taken a hit, if we did fight in Irak. I wouldn't have wanted that. I like how we're seen in a way. But maybe we're too peacefull? I mean, look at how terrorist transit by Canada to go to USA. Our borders are like a spreaded whore, anybody can get in. (or at least, were, not so long ago). I don't have anything against immigrant, but maybe we're too easy going.

About the USA going into war, I'm still not sure if it was called for, or not... But that's a whole other subject. As for Canada participating or not, I don't feel like starting abother thread about this, I think it already have been discussed a lot...

Skadi,

We DO have some great weed here
Don't know about the USA, as I only smoked weed there ONE time, and I was young and bought right on the street, so I had #ty weed, but I kind of deserved it. (was my first and only trip to NY) 'Bout south park, it wouldn't be anything if it weren't for fun and poking at the Canadian.

Even I can laugh at it.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The reason that many Americans are still disgruntled at Canada is because of the Canadians actions at a hocky game.... More than that as well but its not as bad as the attacks we have from inside the country by people like the NY times and other News sources.

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That's it, that's where all that old anger comes from.

Accept it, you'll never be as good as we are at hockey.

j/k

posted on Sep, 3 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
LOL @ Willaim and m0rbid.

And m0rbid

too bad all the good Canadian hockey players go to the states and ...

Canucks are gonna win the Stanley Cup this year

top topics

<<   2 >>

join