It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*for the mods*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
how did/do you become a mod?

just a question of curiousaty really

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Invitation only.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Being a successful contributing member of the ATS communities, while adhering to the Terms and Conditions of them.

This may allow you to become noticed, observed, and then possibly considered for a slot.

There are many unknowns to this process, as well.

Good luck.

seekerof

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm not a mod but I think I've been around long enough to learn how it works.

You see first you have to audition in front of the three amigos, and a panel of current mods. First off you have to do a talent show. Then comes the swimsuit contest, then you must run through hoops of fire, get milk for the mod lounge, run back to the store and get beer for the mod lounge, get Skeptic his coffee, pet Skippy, and then sneek into Area 51.

Then you have to sacrifice a kitten in the name of Emperor SimonGray, sacrifice countless trolls to Skeptic, sacrifice your first child to Springer (if you don't have children adopt a newbie), all while doing a rain dance in a swimsuit thats still in style. After all you have to do is walk on water and then strike down a mod in battle.

Simple isn't it? I didn't put enough cream in Skeptic's coffee so I failed early on in the test.

Thats the easy way. The other way involves making some really good posts, following the rules, being a really nice helpful person, and it wouldn't hurt to suck up to the three amigos every once in a while. But seriously, just be an outstanding member and you might just get invited. As for me, I'm still practicing for the former way of being a mod, now how am I supposed to get beer for the mod lounge at my age?

join