It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reach - a profound song on the BTS PODcast feed ####

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Reach

A few days ago, TrueAmerican uploaded a song he cowrote and performed, Reach.

I'm not sure if he intended the timing of the words in his song to have the extraordinarily profound connect to the human catastrophe in and around New Orleans, but it certainly does.

It begins, "You know you've been here before. Yes you remember the very day you swore, if you ever have this chance again, things will go your way." For those of us who lived in NYC during the September 11th attacks, this has a profoundly moving resonance this week.

From that viewpoint, thinking back to the 9/11/2001 recovery, the entire song takes on a new life and meaning this week.

Have a listen, and tell me you hear it too.

Reach

If you hear it too... we need to spread this amazing song around.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It is very very good. Good call. Great job TA.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Great song, trueAmerican. The lyrics are really good.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My, oh my, that song really touched my hart, I am without words.

I hope everybody get to hear this song around the nation.

just beautiful.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
amazing song mate !

that should be the Anthem of New Orleans

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Spread this song around people.

Send it to your friends.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
that alone was worth the price of my speakers...
great song...

how do i spread this around? can i just send the link to the podcast, or does someone have to be a "signed in ats member"?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Nice. The song connects really well with the recent stuff.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
wow, thats powerful... TrueAmerican, thats amazing work. i agree, SO we need to spread this.

let me know how to send it and will

[edit on 2/9/2005 by Kitsunegari]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
But not my style! guess you have to be American to like it!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Wow. Thanks folks for all the compliments.

Well, I guess pulling that tune out was a good idea after all. I struggled with that decision, only because it was written and recorded many years ago, a time when we didn't have a whole lot to work with. And so the quality is not that great, but not bad, considering.

That song Reach is probably one of the best songs I have ever worked on, if nothing else, just for the lyrics, which he wrote most of, then we tweaked a bit in the producing stage. Those lyrics had profound meaning to me as well, and spurred me on at the time to continue pursuing music- when I thought many times of just giving up.

Music is a nasty business, and some of the best tunes on the planet will never ever be heard publicly. But I am very pleased and honored that so many bright minds have responded to it here on ATS/BTS.

Thank you all again. Very Much!

Sincerely,
TA

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Any one see the talent agents, I swear one just ran me over getting to the tunes.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
the lyrics do have some connection with current events. Good poem, but my skin wont crawl unless it rocks, and that it does not. u2 "one" would have hit me harder

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well i loved it! You have an amazing talent there and i really felt this in some way linked with the happenings around us at this time,

good suff and ill pass this around also.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Great song man! You have real potential, as skeptic said. The first part of the lyrics I can identify the most with at the moment.
Keep up the good work.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing TrueAmerican, reminds of Gerry Rafferty in a way.

I'll pass it around and stir up some compassion.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
w0w...

great song TrueAmerican...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That is just awesome man, you are truly talented. keep them coming!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Wow, that graphic bout sums it all up. It's so true that a picture is worth 1,000 words.

Thanks again all that like this song, and sorry to dissapoint those that don't like it. I never meant for all this fuss about it, and am dumfounded, really. Please remember though, you can really thank my buddy, as this is mostly his song. All I did was help him to produce and arrange it and play the instruments on it. I guess I'll have to get in contact with him and tell him that he is becoming quite appreciated here at ATS...Lord, I don't think I even have his number, it was so many years ago.

Regards,
TA

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
AWESOME song TA. Keep up the good work man.

Kinda slow for my tastes as I am a metal freak, but sometimes the lyrics of a song can be so powerful they make you think. You have definitely done that man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join