It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unprecedented Military presence in NO could possibly lead to a blind side terrorist attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I know this has been floating in the back of everyones mind since the beginning of the New Orleans Disaster of 2005. No other time in American history has there been this large of a military response as a result of a natural disaster.

FEMA is spending $500,000,000 a day to prevent civilians from stealing Panasonic Televisions and Sony Playstations.

As I type this, there are thousands of military personel in the disaster wrought city. Coupled with the thousands of troops still in Iraq, the fact that our military stretched thin is undeniable.

Would this not be the most ideal time to initiate a terrorist attack in America? I would be interested to know what type 'terrorist chatter' has been occuring ever since the natural disaster.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
You seem to not realize, as many here, the actual size of the United States military.

Our forces are not spread thin and we have more than enough to handle New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
who cares if the terrorists attack right now, we already have a disaster to deal with and need to deal with it before we worry about the damn Al-Qaeda boogeymen.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
People take the concept of "Thin" wrong yes we have military but when the troops that are in the country are needed for situations like this it put hold on the need for troops to be mobilized for others things like replacing others in different duties around the world.

That included the rotation of troops around.

Troops do not spend the entire careers in one zone they rotate to give them necessary rest.

That is why our troops seems thin out.

The more the troops are all over without coming home the more the stress level of the troops increased.

They are human not robots.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
As I type this, there are thousands of military personel in the disaster wrought city.

Funny how we don't see these thousands of troops patrolling the streets of NO. All we see are people in desperate need of food and water. Are these troops using the new stealth technology??

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The economic downward spiral continues to gather momentum, 911 being when the gas pedal was mashed to the floor. They could attack again, but I'm pretty sure things are going according to plan from their perspective. Just sitting back watching the US economy slowly collapse, why would they waste resources. I guess anything can happen.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tapeworm
Just sitting back watching the US economy slowly collapse, why would they waste resources. I guess anything can happen.

because they are not exactly certain it would go exactly as planned. im sure experienced terrorists learned not to assume things go exactly as planned as wars dont follow the way as they planned. never underestimate Americans as many enemies have fought against America.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If, like me, you don't believe the masterminds of the September 11th attaacks to be foreign terrorists, but rather beleive it was an iside job, then now would not be the time for anotehr strike, since the resources of the government and intelligence community are spread so thin already that it would be very difficult to pull off another "terrorist" attack. If the threat of "Islamic terrorism" were indeed real, then now would probably be an ideal time for them, from their perspective, to strike a "death blow," so to speak, against the US. But if the "terrorist networks" are indeed assests of US intelligence, then my guess is that they will back off for the time being, until it is determined that their services are required again.
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Indeed. I will personally be completely stunned if there are no largescale terror attacks in the time to follow. If there aren't, then it'd mean that there aren't any that are even remotely capable of being put into action, and it would mean that the War on Terror can be scaled back tremendously, ie, the major goals will have been accomplished. The goal was to have them be able to fight the US in afghanistan, just like they fought and defeated the soviets, failing that, to prolong and expand the war, and get the american public to get war weary, leave the middle east entirely, and then expand their personal rule in parts of the region. Attacking now would, while obviously not causing the collapse of the US, clearly re-inforce the idea that the US can't afford to be occupied with large numbers of troops all across the globe. Having to have martial law with thousands of nationalguardsmen in one, two, three US cities in addition to New Orleans would be a stressful time, war weariness will certainly increase to dramatic levels.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I know this has been floating in the back of everyones mind since the beginning of the New Orleans Disaster of 2005. No other time in American history has there been this large of a military response as a result of a natural disaster.

FEMA is spending $500,000,000 a day to prevent civilians from stealing Panasonic Televisions and Sony Playstations.

As I type this, there are thousands of military personel in the disaster wrought city. Coupled with the thousands of troops still in Iraq, the fact that our military stretched thin is undeniable.

Would this not be the most ideal time to initiate a terrorist attack in America? I would be interested to know what type 'terrorist chatter' has been occuring ever since the natural disaster.

we all know why you lust for american blood to be spilled, it supports your titor views. There are other things to worry about now.
Much like you were foaming at the mouth hoping the presidential inauguration would bring about a "waco-type" event, you are now capitalizing on the misery of americans to promote your titor fantasy.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
who the hell said anything about John titor? Please get back on topic and contribute to the converstation, rather than merely blast another poster.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It appears that the intelligence factor is really low for some people in the world.

How does the New Orleans situation affect New York city, or any other area?

The US is more than prepared to handle N.O. and still watch for terrorism.

In 4 days ~800,000 people have been relocated and just because there are some thugs shooting guns off doesn't mean the end of the world.

Another indication of peoples stupidity is that they expected everything to be fine and dandy after an enitre city was destroyed.

Go back to school!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing, this would be the perfect time for an attack...if they don't I don't think can right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
we all know why you lust for american blood to be spilled, it supports your titor views. There are other things to worry about now.
Much like you were foaming at the mouth hoping the presidential inauguration would bring about a "waco-type" event, you are now capitalizing on the misery of americans to promote your titor fantasy.

What the hell are you talking about? I have no 'lust' for American Blood to be spilled, remember...I'm an American also. Man where you do get off addressing people like this? No where in this thread did I mention a Waco Type event let alone the word 'Titor'.

You are delusional.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I don't think so, remember the 911 attack was planned for 6 years. I don't think Terrorists would compromise any plans they may have and rush to capitalize on this unexpected event. If they rush then they will make mistakes and get caught.

Also I don't know what many of you are imagining so let me clear it up for you. I live on a major city on the East Coast and its business as usual here. The police are still here and the city is still functioning, so don't confuse NO with other cities. Terrorists would still have the same amount of security to get past here regardless of what happens in NO.

West Point

[edit on 2-9-2005 by WestPoint23]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My main concern with an "Event" like this is not as such that an attack is coming now, more that terrorists could capitalise on the situation to prepair for futre attacks, plans may be in place but they need an opertuinty / distraction to effect PART of there plan(s).

cheers for now
Matt
(first time here so be gentle!)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Al Qaeda has had at least 2 years in between
in major strikes, that they planned. This being
the case it probably takes at least 2 years for
them to plan anything.

In the US they haven't had another operation
since 9/11/2001. How do you suppose they could
put something together on short notice now?

In actual fact Al Qaeda appears to be the blind
leading the quadrupally dismembered for a hike
in the country. To think they have the ability
and expertise to make instaneous responses in
the US gives them a lot more credit than I do.

They have some strengths but flexibility and
quick response is not one of them.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I wasn't thinking there could be a terrorist attack due to lack of military, I was thinking because the whole country is essentially watching NO, terrorists could get some real shock value out of taking out another city.
To the poster about them sitting back and watching the economic decline due to the destruction of an American city already, if you were in their shoes, would you sit back and watch, or try to plan something to cripple more, maybe even finish the job?

I don't wish for it to happen on any level as I am an American and do not like to see US blood spilled either, I am just thinking that this would be an opportune time for bad guys to strike!

top topics

join