It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it cause I is Black? (AliG)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
New Orleans Population: 484674

By Race:
White 135956 28.05%
Black 325947 67.25%
Other 22771 4.7%

On television yesterday there was a program interviewing several worldwide experts on dykes that had been involved in several conferences over the last few years involving the New Orleans situation.

They stated that in 2002 they had visited New Orleans to advise on what would need to be done to keep the city safe.

The experts warned the US Administration that they would have to strengthen the dykes and update the pumping systems in New Orleans at all costs because else the city was doomed if a serious storm choose its path trough the area.

New Orleans is up to 10 feet below waterlevel in places, nearly half of it is below sealevel and its right smack between a lake and the Missisipie river in a valley.

These experts talked with city, state and nationwide governing bodies and found a rather huge difference in stance between them.
The New Orleans city and state agreed that if a flooding happend, the city would be doomed and might even be gone for good if there wasn't serious national support for rebuilding.
The national official laughed it away subseqently even cut the funding for the waterprotection projects around New Orleans in half.

Now, theres only 2 reasons I could see for this to happen.

1 would be because people in the Bush administration were thinking something like this would never happen(showing grave incompetence).
2 would be because the vast majority of the area's population is black or of an other complexion(showing they are frigin racists).

Next to that we have the way the situation is handled.
Fooddrops, humanitarian help and real support was attempted by local goverments, but they failed because they're to few to do so much.

Now, when the national "aid" arrived, things have gone from bad to worse. Matial law is declared, soldiers are deployed in masses (up to 60000 soldiers and national guardsmen), shoot to kill orders are issued, food and water shortage is a fact, people aren't alowed to leave the city to goto family elsewhere in the nation.

In short, the New Orleans survivors are pritty much handled like animals and contained in the area without decent support and disaster relief, let alone simple food and water.

Is this one grand screwup (still going on)? Or are the steps leading up to this disaster a clear picture of the Bush Administrations opinion and stance towards area's dominated by non-white people?

They were clearly forwarned by experts from around the world, of the dangers and probable consequences and told that more funding was needed to keep something from this from happening, yet they choose to cut the funding in half making the situation already dangerous without there even being a storm.

[edit on 2/9/05 by thematrix]

[edit on 2/9/05 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Ok, I take it back you may be right im sad to say that bush is rejecting help from all of our allies even canada

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Rikimaru]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   
What's new? I've known for more than a decade that the Bush clan are racists of the first degree. Bush jr's recent decree to allow the Australian government access to U.S. intelligence - a privelege only the motherland of Anglosaxians, the U.K., has enjoyed so far, shows his obsession with white Anglosachsian protestant hegemony in the world. Don't get fooled by the fact that he has nominated two Afro-Americans to high posts, one good (Powell) and one a totally incompetent idiot, (Ms. Rice) even more so than her boss - Just a dirty trick to get the votes of blacks. Bush is a racist, crook and a war criminal.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Siroos]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's so obvious, isn't it? Yes, it's because you're black.

Does that make you feel better?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
It's so obvious, isn't it? Yes, it's because you're black.

Does that make you feel better?

Rather dumbass reply. This thread is in slugfest because a moderator choose to put it here, which I seriously disagree with.

I won't take it if anyone uses this post for slugging. Discussion about what lead up to this and whats going on are welcome.

FIY, I'm a 6'2" blond hair green eyed white european ...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
thematrix said

"Now, theres only 2 reasons I could see for this to happen.

1 would be because people in the Bush administration were thinking something like this would never happen(showing grave incompetence).
2 would be because the vast majority of the area's population is black or of an other complexion(showing they are frigin racists)."

Only two reasons?
Either incompetence, or racism?

How about NO's local responsibility? Or the State of LA?..Now they have gaming..Huge tax benefits from gaming..I pay no state income tax, because of gaming where I live.
I believe it was simple stupidity, and procrastination, on the local and State levels.. Humans are famous for it. New Orleans didn't sink last week. It's been that way for a long long time..

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Rather dumbass reply. This thread is in slugfest because a moderator choose to put it here, which I seriously disagree with.

I won't take it if anyone uses this post for slugging. Discussion about what lead up to this and whats going on are welcome.

FIY, I'm a 6'2" blond hair green eyed white european ...

A rather dumbass reply to a rather dumbass post my friend. If you want to deny ignorance I'd suggest a more cognative look at the situation.

Now, theres only 2 reasons I could see for this to happen.

2 would be because the vast majority of the area's population is black or of an other complexion(showing they are frigin racists)."

Looking at your FIRST post, you could only think of two reasons, both seem to want to put negative labels on Bush like America starts and stops to the tune of one man, regardless of title.

Perhaps it should be said that the Army Corps, the ones maintaining and strengthening the levies, have fought every president since Carter about funding.

You are also discounting the actions of the people directly in charge of responce on the State, Local, and Federal levels.

THEN you say this, which I'll quote again:

Uh huh. Likely since there was nothing critical about Siroos saying "Just a dirty trick to get the votes of blacks. Bush is a racist, crook and a war criminal. "

If you want to claim desire for a reasonable conversation, let's try to leave out conjecture, political posturing, and agenda driven posting.

The mods moved it because it simply LOOKS and reads as inciting a slugfest responce due to the content of the first post.

It shouldn't surprise you. Take a hint and correct yourself.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
how can the local government be the ones to blame? their funding has been slashed every year for this disaster. thats like saying to a coworker, print me out 1,000 copies of this document but i only gave him 250 papers to print them on.

even with ingenuity, you can't do more than what was needed pre and post the hurricane if you don't have the resources.

like his beautiful tax cuts he loves to promote, the top trickles down to the bottom and less fortunate. the top cut down funding from the lower and less fortunate and guess who ends up screwed?

stop defending a government that only looks out for itself.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, I'll jump in with the race hate and say that the city of New Orleans is a bunch of stupid black people who didn't bother to get involved in the maintanence of the integrity of their city. You know how them blacks are, probably too busy with welfare.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Well, I'll jump in with the race hate and say that the city of New Orleans is a bunch of stupid black people who didn't bother to get involved in the maintanence of the integrity of their city. You know how them blacks are, probably too busy with welfare.

cold hearted bro. what exactly do you do for a living? build dykes and railroads and other infrastructure? kick doodoo? no offence to other people who may kick doodoo during the coarse of a hard day's work.

why do people act like the citizens of NO are looking for a handout? the money they're asking for is from citizens like them and I paying taxes. it's not like asking canada or mexico for money. it's their money too! and you want to say it's a bunch of black people that were stupid. the guy in charge of their danger assesment and reaction was a fat white guy. their governer is an old white chick. why should the guy flipping burgers at mickiDs be involved in the maintanance of the city. there's probably plenty other people, of multiple races that actually get PAID to do that.

no my friend, I believe that this is not an issue of race but of class.

[edit on 8-9-2005 by passengername]

[edit on 8-9-2005 by passengername]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
passengername,best to just leave ignorant fools like that well alone and let them stew in their own bile.
From his post he's clearly of limited intelligence and incapable of understanding what your saying.He's happy and comfortable with his backward mentality leave him slumbering in the pool of his own urine.
If you get him excited he'll have to spend ages wiping all the spit from his monitor and that's time wasted that he could have spent hating other people for his own inadequacies,it a real shame for him.

edit-that wouldn't be the same frosty who can't leave black people alone to discuss their own issues on their own forum is it ?

[edit on 8/9/2005 by Ras Dedan]

top topics

join