It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Spacecraft [Opinons/Views Req]

page: 1

join
share:
SFC

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   
What are your thoughts on the private individual being able to build a spacecraft utilizing some other purpolsion than rockets.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Highly Doubtful...as a propulsion by other means has to be nuclear at this point in time (or). And both standard rocketry and a form of nuclear engine are extremly costly or prohibited to civilians.

Traveling to space is no joke on cost, its an extremly expensive venture, dont quote me on this but I remember seeing something about it costing $1,000 to send just 1lb in weight upto space. Maybe it was more maybe it was less
, someone shoudl be able to tell you.

Not only that but "space ship" contractors are hard to find

Hopefully someday it will be a reality, but I doubt in our life-times.

Vorta

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
is this what your refering to. www.space.com...

amazon founder jeffer bezo's space plans.Hopefully this guy is succesfull in pulling it off

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
He has the startup capitol thats for sure. If he teams up with say the Google guys or Gates or some other eccentric billionairre and there seems to be no shortage of them these days he could succeed. Developing a self-sufficient business strategy that also funds R&D to push the limits of commercial capabilities would be challenging but the technicle genius's and the economic gurus that set up the 90s most successfull companies could do it again, in space. Imagine that .....

[edit on 2-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
well i would certanly hope he along with others can succeed.Its evident that the brain power is widely available and the people with that knowledge want to open up space to a wider civilian presnce.But as you stated what has always is the r&d to pull this off.I hope the billionares can come together and pull this off.

new topics

top topics

join