It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapex ! The new anti-rape device for Women.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   
In South Africa, over 50,000 rapes occur each year, However a new device (invented by an unamed person) gives women a "biting" edge to foil attempted rape.

www.breitbart.com
"Nothing has ever been done to help a woman so that she does not get raped and I thought it was high time," Sonette Ehlers, 57, said of the "rapex," a device worn like a tampon that has sparked controversy in a country used to daily reports of violent crime.

Ehlers said the "rapex" hooks onto the rapist's skin, allowing the victim time to escape and helping to identify perpetrators.

"He will obviously be too pre-occupied at this stage," she told reporters in Kleinmond, a small holiday village about 100km (60 miles) east of Cape Town. "I promise you he is going to be too sore. He will go straight to hospital."

The device, made of latex and held firm by shafts of sharp barbs, can only be removed from the man through surgery which will alert hospital staff, and ultimately, the police, she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is next best thing to sliced bread! Even though in the story, it says that it could lead to possible further violence for the women, I seriously doubt the thought of continued battery would be the most present thing on the rapists mind. Not only will this device prevent the rape it will stop STD's as well. It's a win win situation for the woman!

Women of ATS what's your take on the subject?

[edit on 6-9-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
OOh next time my hubby gets insistent......... LMAO
don't answer back dear....I Bite

seriously I do not see myself wearing one of these I do think its kinda overboard that a woman should even have to resort to these measures.

I can also see misuse of the device in the way of revenge... You know what they say Hell Hath No Fury.........

But if a person could magically attach such a device if they were in an actual rape situation good on them, might deter a few idiots but i do not see the idea taking off. I prefer not to stick foreign objects there at the best of times.............um well yeah
, there can be a risk of infection with this sort of thing

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The statement that no such "solution" has been provided for rape is untrue. Several such devices have been patented, all intending to mangle the penis. There's a book you can buy on it, on ebay I think, which coallates all such contraceptive and otherwise sex-oriented patents.

This sort of device would probably get a woman severly hurt by the attacker, after the fact. Better to learn how to kick and strike. Or just flee.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh man that would hurt like hell,
and mayet your just cruel
The barbs have to be surgically removed? like a fish hook?!
OUCH!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
thats one of the best inventions for women rights, hahaa think of all those horny soldiers getting hooked by that #.... damn i love canada with all these easy girls never heard of rape til now... j/j

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
well i guess you could always just wear razor blades in the vagina

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Already being discussed here

www.belowtopsecret.com...

thread closed

top topics

join