Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

France offers Help to the US! Water purification equipment offered...

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Wow I never would have guessed. I just saw this on MSNBC.

After all the things I have said against France, they go and do this.

Thank you France...

They offered water purification equipement and will be flying it in...will look for more info....

I can not get a confirmation on this but France is the FIRST country I ahve hear of offering help, has anyone heard of another?

[edit] This has turned out to NOT be the case. Anyhow, thanks for your offer France.......just the same.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Canada. You refused our aid.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

DE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Yeah I just saw that

That is just inexplicable. whY? WHY?

DHS turned them away? And yet the press is still being allowed in? Something is not right about this.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Germany offered help.

Bloomberg

Sept. 1 (Bloomberg) -- German Foreign Minister Joschka offered assistance to the U.S. government in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, which has caused devastation on the U.S. Gulf Coast.

``The federal government is prepared to give any assistance or support to bring this terrible natural disaster and its effects under control,'' Fischer said in an e-mailed statement today, without elaborating on the offer.

Quite a few other nations also offered help.

allheadlinenews

The State Department said offers so far had come from Belgium, Canada, Russia, Japan, France, Germany, Britain, China, Australia, Jamaica, Honduras, Greece, Venezuela, the Organization of American States, NATO, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Greece, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Mexico, South Korea, Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

Assistance ranged from medical teams, boats, aircraft, tents, blankets, generators and cash donations.

I see Israel is on the list.
I wasn't sure if they had offered or not.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hi there . Again where's the link? You seen it on the News and I believe you did. But, a link would be considerate of you..

Dallas

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas

Hi there . Again where's the link? You seen it on the News and I believe you did. But, a link would be considerate of you..

Dallas

I have been trying to find one and google shows nothing.

Yes AOB you are correct. Why did we turn them away? I don't understand it.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
WASHINGTON — In a turnabout, the United States is now on the receiving end of help from around the world as some two dozen countries offer post-hurricane assistance.

Venezuela, a target of frequent criticism by the Bush administration, offered humanitarian aid and fuel. Venezuela's Citgo Petroleum Corp. (search) pledged a $1 million donation for hurricane aid.

The United Nations informed U.S. Ambassador John R. Bolton (search) it was prepared to support the relief effort "in any way possible." Under Secretary-General Jan Egeland (search) said his office had offered the services of the U.N.'s disaster assistance and coordination teams to the U.S. Agency for International Development.

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon (search) sent a letter to President Bush offering hundreds of doctors, nurses, technicians and other experts in trauma, natural disasters and public health.
link

Ok this seems better, even Israel has offered help.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Yeah, im very surprised we are getting help from france and germany.

D

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The Australian Government has donated $10 million through the American Red Cross.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I am quite happy for Australia to donate 10 mil to America. But when you factor in the enormous wealth America has, and the massive military budget, you can't help but wonder why a tiny economy (in comparison) needs to donate a large some of money.

10 million is nothing to the United States. I saw on the news that it was to help get blankets and provisions down there asap. How is it that the US government is unable to aquire the funds to do this themselves?

new topics

top topics

join