It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the U.S. survive a superstorm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Seeing what has transpired along the gulf coast makes me wonder how the U.S. will survive a superstorm. Superstorms are evident in the geological records. They are massive storms that effect entire countries and even entire continents. They bring on floods of a biblical proportion. If they happen in the fall or winter they bring on a new ice age.

If things start to come crashing down after just ONE hurricane how can we possibliy be expected to survive something on a national level? One million people effected seems to be too much for our emergency services. We cannot handle evacuations and we cannot feed the masses. This is just a million or two people. What about a superstorm? What about a supervolcanic eruption? What about a slip in the New Madrid fault? We are so badly unprepared for the worst that nature has to offer.

How can we fix this?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the Repiti-aliens will save us...

Since we all beggin for it...why not let the NWO take over...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Superstorms are evident in the geological records.

I think a little more elaboration is warranted on this one. Can you give a link to geological records that show evidence of this.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
You mean like finding green vegetation at the bottom of ice core samples? Or perhaps frozen mammoths with good meat and undigested vegetation in their stomachs? If you read some books on ice ages I think you'll find what I'm talking about.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
You mean like finding green vegetation at the bottom of ice core samples? Or perhaps frozen mammoths with good meat and undigested vegetation in their stomachs? If you read some books on ice ages I think you'll find what I'm talking about.

Perhaps you could direct me to "some books on ice ages" so that I could find out what your talking about.

Maybe you could point out a particular dig that studied a mammoth with undigested food in its stomach and what the cause of death was and how that related to a "superstorm".

You might also quote an article or two that dates the "green vegetation" that has been found at the bottom of ice core samples and under what circumstances the ice cores were taken and what conclusions were drawn from the study of these ice cores.

Under certain conditions life can be very tenacious on this world of ours. And it's not hard to understand how mammoth meat could be preserved for thousands of years or how organisms could live in places like Lake Vostock or plant material surviving under ice that is 10,000 years old.

Any link to evidence of past "superstorms" would help this thread along.

top topics

join