It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Guard & Police told to shoot looters and gun wielding thugs on site! NO TOLERANCE!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Now how would one deal with this headline? Most that know me here would not be surprised by my opinion but folks this is chaos and its in a US city. Through this disaster we see the true nature of mankind. We see unbelievable generosity and yet we see some shooting at the rescue workers.

Boats many volunteers wait because they can not go in and RESCUE people that are near death and why?

I think that martial law should be declared and those that are causing this should be given ONE chance to give themselves up, if not, then the ultimate price should be paid by those that choose to take this path.

I am not talking about those stealing food and water, but those taking TV's Jewelery, carjacking etc etc etc.

I am ashamed of my government for not doing more but this is WAY bigger than anyone thought. Its not time to point fingers, that can come later. The 72 hours are over and why are their not more troops? Why are the police out gunned?

Please pray for those that are not safe as the next 24-48 hours will be critical.

And just so you know, I have a stake in this. My mother is in the area. She is alive but scared.

And to those in other countries that ask "why didn't they leave?" You must understand that hurricanes are common there in the south, NO ONE expected this one to be that bad, no one really thought the levies would give....

It done now and we need to move on and save as many as we can, so these thugs that are hindering rescues....the rules should be changed.

The rules of engagement should be Absolutely NO TOLERANCE.

Cargo found the link, thanks!

'Shoot to kill', troops told

[edit on 2-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i guess its because people refuse to defend themselves that they are prey now. i hate to sound like a bastard, but alot of people are hiding in their houses because they are scared of gangs. why didnt they make a run on the ammo shop?

i could careless about looting in a city thats predicted not to be inhabitable for a few years to a decade anyway (i heard that on cnn).

of course the biggest problem is most of our national guard is in iraq right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hi there. Would like the Link please.

Dallas

EDIT: added 'Link'

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i guess its because people refuse to defend themselves that they are prey now. i hate to sound like a bastard, but alot of people are hiding in their houses because they are scared of gangs. why didnt they make a run on the ammo shop?

i could careless about looting in a city thats predicted not to be inhabitable for a few years to a decade anyway (i heard that on cnn).

of course the biggest problem is most of our national guard is in iraq right now.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Why bother...all of the goods/products are going to waste anyways...

This shoot-to-kill policy is only going to create more violence...

Let say, somebody's son was looting to get a pair a shoes...and They shoot him dead...

What do you think that parent's reaction would be...?

When you fight fire with gasonline, you get more flame!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Anyone with a non-life necessity should die. If you're caught stealing a TV, judge, jury and executioner catches you. If you're caught shooting at rescue personel, judge, jury and executioner. Good bye. If you're caught stealing food, give your personal information. You can pay the merchant back after the crisis where you tried to help your family, or you can serve the time. Hopefully, your family is worth such a risk. But if you're stealing sneakers...Enjoy the bullet, A-hole.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas
Hi there. Would like the Link please.

Dallas

EDIT: added 'Link'

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Dallas]

You aren't going to get one, read my first sentence.

After I posted this, I noticed that there was a ASTNN one. ....

I just knew the Tulipwalkers would say no to this, you know you will hurt these parents feelings and these thugs might be hurt. SO DAMN BE IT.

The people that are trying to get out and those trying to do the rescuing are BEING SHOT AT!

This is a side effect of the defendant society that government handouts have caused, these people that are shooting and killing are just plain TRASH and should be treated as such. PERIOD.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Almost perfectly sensible....

Shoot back at the shooters- makes sense.

Concerning the looting.....who cares! Unless these are crimes being physically perpetrated against other individuals. Let's face it, exactly where are these people going with their new plasma TVs?????

[edit on 1-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i disagree. theifs shouldnt be punished with murder when the companies profits from those products are completly lost anyways. the real problem isnt the looters, its the fact that people are scared to band together and pool resources because of the gangs. They should have depended on themselves for self defense (denied to them by gun control), and THEY SHOULD BE LOOTING NECESSITIES while making camp and recruiting more people stranded by this tradgedy.

so what if someone gets a free TV out of this. i care more about the people in the flood than a guy who loses his house and job and gets a TV. i wont punish theivery with bullets thats silly.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
But if you're stealing sneakers...Enjoy the bullet, A-hole.

In that environment....shoes ARE NOT a luxury. Think you're wrong here.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ed, you're a dirty punk
I read this subject, and sent an IM to a buddy saying, "Awesome news!" and linked him to this thread. Boy oh boy was I disappointed to see it was whimsical thinking and not reality...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
exactly where are these people going with their new plasma TVs?????

I can think of one place I would like to see these TV's placed......it wouldn't fit but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Keep in mind folks, for every single incidents of violence, there are 100's of acts of kindness. A few bad apples are getting more than their share of press coverage, just as in Iraq...it the same thing...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Ed, you're a dirty punk

No I am a pissed off punk.....I grew up down there and I am sickened at how these animals are acting.

Someone has stated a thing that I hadn't thought of, no guns, except the thugs?

Not from what I remember, but the point is well taken.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If someone is stealing a TV, it should be assumed they're either stealing for the sake of stealing or else part of a crime ring. In the past, America has dealt severely with looters in the wake of disasters. These people are taking advantage of human suffering following a major catastrophy, and should be punished severely. You can choose, stick them in a prison submerged in water as one sherrif was doing, or give them a more humane punishment (if you don't believe in Hell) and pop them in the head. These people are the scum of the earth, who are taking advantage of this situation, and we don't need or want them here on Earth.

They suck.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Keep in mind folks, for every single incidents of violence, there are 100's of acts of kindness. A few bad apples are getting more than their share of press coverage, just as in Iraq...it the same thing...

Except here, it appears these isolated events justify an official policy of inaction, and possibly hundreds if not thousands of people are paying for it with their lives...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by loamExcept here, it appears these isolated events justify an official policy of inaction,

I am not saying your wrong, but I really do not think that is the whole story. I do not think they know what they need to do and how. Its just so massive!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I also just heard on MSNBC that even law enforcement and other government officials are having to "loot" for food, water and others supplies....Talk about the hight of hypocrisy!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I also just heard on MSNBC that even law enforcement and other government officials are having to "loot" for food, water and others supplies....Talk about the hight of hypocrisy!

But they are not SHOOTING at rescue personel........looting for food is one thing, some of this is not for survival, its plain stealing.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
looting for food is one thing, some of this is not for survival, its plain stealing.

Fair enough, but feds, state and local politicians are saying they are enforcing a no tolerance policy. Moreover, MSNBC has already aired scenes where looters of food have been arrested.....

Listen to what Scarborough is saying on TV now....even he is saying government response is a national disgrace!

[edit on 2-9-2005 by loam]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You have to enforce the law evenly. You can't say "You stole food, go free." and then turn around and say "You stole a tv, you go to jail." Stealing is stealing no matter what the reason or what you steal. As far as the shoot to kill, anyone shooting at rescuers, or looting tvs and jewelry and other things deserves to be shot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join