It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Poll* Should New Orleans be rebuilt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I've heard this over the news, and it seems that its around 50/50.

I dont think they should rebuild in the same place...everything there is destroyed, is that not a better time then any to relocate your city?

I'm not saying get rid of New Orleans from your maps and minds...i'm just saying that it whould be moved. Its right next to the Ocean and the Mississippi river, and its below sea level, Why in the hell would you want to live in a hurricane area that is next so so much water and be below sea level?!?

Now everyone there is walking in nasty water, sewage and what not...not to mention that because there water table is so high that they cany burry their dead, so there above ground...which will cause even more disease.

I would like all you opinions on this question: Rebuild in the same spot OR Move then rebuild.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Many positive benefits exist for the argument of building a new city, among these are stimulation of the local economy through job creation in construction. New construction leads to a new citywide infrastructure, better city planning of streets and traffic flow, public transportation, schools and neighborhoods (not that the neighbors should be hoods mind you), job training and skills development. The port could be refurbished for use and the existing highway used to get traffic to and from the port while tourists can see 'Old New Orleans' from glass bottom boats, a whole new tourist trap! I vote to flood it, and build anew!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Please add any further thoughts to the thread listed below.

Should New Orleans be rebuilt?

Thanks all…

Thread Closed

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
already covered, please add your thoughts to the existing thread found here
Should New Orleans be rebuilt?
or any other Katrina related thread found here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
thread closed.

new topics

top topics