It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS PODcast 3: I'm Pissed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

PODcast: ATS PODcast 3: I'm Pissed
The third "official ATS PODcast" from the SkepticOverlord takes a turn from the normal intent because of the events in the aftermath of Katrina.

length: 07:59
file: atspodcast_58.mp3
size: 3745k
feed: ats

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
excellent podcast S.O.

I couldn't have said it better myself sir, between you and val, the majority of my feelings have been covered.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Police and Firemen looting

Well, as some have said, natural disasters bring the best and worst out of people. I just hope this will not be a trend.

Good podcast.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i have just heard some ATS podcasts and:

i love this new addition to ATS!!!

BTW, SO has a great "radio" voice ( and i am not gay
)

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well not quite a fiddle but the same thing

Bush Fiddles While Rome Burns
Judith Moriarty

Snip~~
As the levees broke on Tues, Aug 25, 2005, trapping the poor, handicapped, elderly, and youngsters, in an Apocalypse scenario; President Bush was at the Naval Base, in Coronado, California, celebrating V - J Day. While refugees of, the beaded Mardi Gras, celebrations of old, stood in torrential rains, waiting to enter the Superdome; President Bush strummed on a guitar, presented to him at the VJ ceremony by Mark Wills. I thought of the elderly Harris couple dumped on a New Orleans street, and wondered if he was singing Mark's song, "Wish You Were Here"?

www.rense.com...

[edit on 1/9/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
SO, im sure the large majority of members here share the same views, its a disgrace, the only official I've seen right from the start showing the real urgency of the situation has been the mayor of NO, who might I add is the only official to have actually stayed in the city and stuck it out. FEMA apparently had this planned for days before, but their efforts seem disjointed and on the fly. Now If anyone had seen the local news station, they would have seen that NO's was seeing major flooding by the evening after the passing eye of the hurricane, it wasn't the morning after as my post the 'hurricane katrina' thread will testify, as soon as this was apparent, full emergency action should have been taken. Yet the next day apparently FEMA is still unawares and only the desperate call from a hospital worker woke them up to the fact a dire tragedy was unfolding. By midday it was reaching MSM using the words of the mayor '80% of NO flooded', yet bush is still in texas swaning around, stumbling through another speech for Iraq.
Only the day after do we see some action from bush, seems 'word' finally reached him he needed to take some action, flys back to DC via a trip over NO. Finally takes some much needed federal action a full 36hours after the flooding started, thus we get an idea as to why we're only now seeing much needed resources and men- incompetence at just about every level. Of course louisiana could have deployed their NG almost immediately after the disaster was known, preventing much of the chaos now occuring, alas most of them are in iraq.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by picard_is_actually_a_grey]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

incompetence at just about every level.

Incompetence may be better than a purposeful strategy to allow chaos - just to waltz in like heros when everyone's past begging.

Great podcast SO.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You're the site owner, so I guess it's your prerogative to allow for yourself the knee-jerk reaction of "getting pissed" when you don't like what you see going on.

But what about members that also don't like what they see from other members and mods, as well?

I'm talking about ATS staff coming down on so-called "trolls" in only some cases, while seeming to allow and even promote "trolling" in others.

This thread in the Breaking Political News forum is a perfect example.

One of many Palin hit pieces posted on ATS, the title practically screams "trolling thread". And since it is only based on opinion, it really cannot be considered "Breaking Political News". But the thread is still in this forum. I even posted a reply asking why it wasn't in the "Political Madness" forum, only to be told that a mod had moved it here from the Madness forum. Excuse me?

I've had posts removed for simply suggesting that someone didn't belong on a thread (due to the offensive nature of what they were posting), while other posts calling me every name in the book have been ignored by staff - even when the alert button was clicked.

My (repeated) suggestion for calming things down is to level the playing field so that members do not feel that they are up against both other members and staff. That alone should cool off some tempers. Of course staff members are entitled to their own opinions, but when a person takes on a leadership role, they must also hold themselves above the fray and to a higher standard, not contribute to the problems from a position of power.

So, IMO along with the "deny ignorance" phrase there also needs to be "deny hypocrisy" and also "deny bias" from the staff in dealing with the issues and members. In other more simple words, I'm just asking for fairness across the board. That's what it will take to allow issues and tempers to simmer down.

new topics

top topics

join