It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Valhall's Podcast...I'm sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

PODcast: I'm sad
My thoughts and feelings on the New Orleans situation.

length: 04:55
file: atspodcast_57.mp3
size: 2654k
feed: ats

[edit on 9-1-2005 by Springer]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You sound like a girl!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm sad too, but now my sadness is being tempered with anger.
thank you both for sharing.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
LOL! I have to record on Springer's computer because my sound card is out. He put the podcast up for me. I don't think we considered it would make him sound like a girl! LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Valhall, I agree with everything you've said so well in your PODcast.

I think we could have done more before the storm made landfall to get those who were unable to, get out.. and now this in the aftermath?

This is America.. we can do better than this.. can't we?

Thank you for sharing this with us Valhall.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow. A very moving discourse. Thank you so much.

I'm sad, too.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
This is America.. we can do better than this.. can't we?

No. We are incompetent, shortsighted, and terribly, terribly stupid. This was the test, and that is the answer. From the citizenry, throught the state and federal government, and even including the people that run these oversight organizations and agencies. We're a bunch of idiots.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Very well said Val, thanks for the podcast.
Instead of dropping soldiers to 'restore peace and order' they should drop food and water. I really dont blame the looters, those people lost everything, EVERYTHING. The stores are all insured pretty well, those people most likely arent. Who cares that a walmart store gets looted empty, they make more than enough money.

They saw this thing coming days before it hit came ashore.`Yesterday I heard the FEMA director say they couldnt know it was going to be so destructive because it was only a cat 1 hurricane when it hit Florida, what an idiot.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
increadably well said Valhall.

that is an increadably moving podcast.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
My goodness.... what a moving speech.

The worse part of it is, the truth, its all so true.

When Katrina hit, we should have just bombarded New Orleans and Biloxi with troops, workers EMT's, FOOD, WATER, BLANKETS,CLOTHES....

WHY DIDN"T IT HAPPEN?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am stuck on the prepostioned supplies and troops. Where are they? I keep hearing about them but dont see them. Something else, we get better "live" view of car chases, why cant we get good live shoots of NO. All we get is stupid recording. We have been seeing the stupid fire all day.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
When Katrina hit, we should have just bombarded New Orleans and Biloxi with troops, workers EMT's, FOOD, WATER, BLANKETS,CLOTHES....

WHY DIDN"T IT HAPPEN?

Please explain the process invovled in activation of nationalguard units, the locating and comandeering of the necessary supplies, and the logisitcal process invovled in transporting them all. Do you think its more or less than 4, 5 days?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
You sound like a girl!

I agree, very young voice but so full of truth and lots of wisdom.

Every time I see the news of so many suffering the young, elderly specially when they have been able to survive so many years of different national historical and tragic moments passing away for lack of help including water.

Babies that had done nothing to deserve this are dying its just no way to describe it.

I just cry, Americans all over should be angry that this is happening in our great nation.

Val I feel your suffering, it is great I can feel it in my hart too.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
People die everyday, all over the world, most of the time from the exact same reasons. Lack of water, food, to much heat. Everyone dies, including little helpless baby's.

Diasaters like this give everyone a taste of helpless. It also shows people that they are in no way unique compared to the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Very moving Podcast Valhall, I share your "sadness," but must remark that there seems to be some veiled anger there as well. [As an aside, the sound of your voice, along with it's tempo, etc., let me get a better feel for who you are. I already had a high regard for your opinions and comments on many threads that have surfaced on ATS and it's good to get a better feel for the person behind them.]

Personally, I tend towards laying the blame for the shortcomings of the relief & rescue attempts on primarily two doorsteps: The head of FEMA and the Governor of Louisiana. The head of FEMA because he had to know the potential for disaster that existed in New Orleans and yet did not mobilize his resources to be ready to respond. The Governor of Louisiana for not having the National Guard primed and on standby for a quick response, when she too knew, far better than most others, just how bad the situation could get and how rapidly it could get there.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
astronomer,

Thank you for your comments. I'm ready to place blame on the governor, FEMA and Bush. None of them can get out of this.

By the way, I sincerely apologize for my "veiled anger" - I actually had no intent of veiling any of it. Next time I'll try to be more demonstrative.

[edit on 9-4-2005 by Valhall]

new topics

top topics

join