It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

soul-less

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I was at a part of town (kind of set up like New Orleans at martigras), And noticed that alot of the people seemed "empty" inside like they had no soul. They seemed happy, and in the "festive" mood, But it was like they wern't human in the aspect like I mentioned. They had no souls. I said something to the friend that I was with and he said he noticed it as well. It kind of gave me the creeps to look at them. It reminded me of that movie the seventh seal( i think thats what it was called) where they talk about "the guff" and how their are a limited number of souls, and made me wonder , If there are more people on the earth now than in all time combined. are there no more souls? Or are they aliens masked as humans. Has anybody else noticed this?

[edit on 1-9-2005 by only onus]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maby I posted this in the wrong area

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

But it was like they wern't human in the aspect like I mentioned.

Probably projection.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

But it was like they wern't human in the aspect like I mentioned.

Probably projection.

Yes, projection and mild dissociation. Projection is when an internal perception is seen reflected on the environment. Dissociation is when the environment is disconnected from inner logic, and the state of mind goes in a different direction. About souls: I think the idea of a soul is often related to freedom: people who have no freedom would have the qualities we attribute to machines, entangled in chains of causality and unable to change course. This lack of freedom would be perceived with a distinct feeling of emptiness and futility. In Buddhist terms, I think you had a direct perception of anatta.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Unless either one of you is a qualified psychiatrist, I think it'd be in everyone's best interest to withhold your diagnoses. I'm sure they aren't wanted.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
Unless either one of you is a qualified psychiatrist, I think it'd be in everyone's best interest to withhold your diagnoses. I'm sure they aren't wanted.

This is not a diagnosis, this is free speech. Have you ever heard of "remote psychiatry" using a bulletin board?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I sense this all the time. I have a very old soul. You probably do too. New souls can easily be seen, and that's what you are seeing (new people with no historical history)...,no aliens (it helps to post in paranormal)

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To me i think people have become Zombie like becuase they are conditioned. Everyones so conditioned that the spark of life seems to have gone. Everyones life revolves around money, people have forgotten the true important things in life.

I wrote a poem about this very subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Follow thy leader
all the rule books do say
obey and work hard
to earn a weeks pay

Day and day out
year after year
sleeping and working
'til the ending is near

Not having no time
nor energy for fun
living life bleak
the work never done

Creating suppression
of instinct and light
blinding the glory
of nature's delight

Thats the way I explained it anyhows but thats why I feel like people are getting sorta soul - less, not cos we have run out of souls, not cos we have aliens amongst us but because we have forgotten life and how to live it and how to put our sould into it all....

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarBreather
This is not a diagnosis, this is free speech. Have you ever heard of "remote psychiatry" using a bulletin board?

I sure haven't. Have you ever heard of tact?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

But someone posting that, in their ever so humble opinion, the people around them are souless empty bastards only putting up a front at being happy, thats something we all want to hear eh?

ever heard of tact?

WTF is tact?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Psychiatrist or not I welcome all responses. And yes eyeball I have been told (and feel) that i do have a very old soul.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
maybe everyone was stoned, street carnival, seems likely, were they just blitzed.

my perception goes like that when i take shrooms, anyone outside my bubble seems a bit brittle and fake, any chance you'ld taken anything, it can also happen if you've been dancing for a long time, like hours.

top topics

join