It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTION: Adopt a Katrina Refugee Family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Mayet's idea. Brilliant, IMO.

Originally Posted by Mayet:

"I have a thought.. Why doesn't America start an adopt a family situation. There must be thousands across the country that would be able to take a family in and help them get back on their feet. It would get the people out of the area while the fixing is all done and give them a roof over their head. It is an entirely feasible and workable option instead of having camps set up which can attract disease and crime.

The adopting family could oversee the other families rebuilding needs and help them to maybe settle elsewhere, find work and get everything and paperwork back on track. A central adopting database could be set up and relief funds could be channelled thru to families deemed most in need.

It would take a sacrifice of time and effort on the part of many Americans but it would help rebuild the country and help unify the people into doing something that counts in this world of not caring.

There are so many families that really need an option like this. Someone to take care and help them rebuild. The lady that was caught looting for formula and nappies is one such person that comes to mind. If I was over there I would certainly offer to take someone in and do what i could do to help them rebuild."

Can somebody here make this happen?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I do really think this idea is an option for the people and US administration to look at. It would solve so many of the problems that the people affected by the hurricane are enduring now and will endure for months to come. Americans can help, each and everyone of them, I am sure if it was the other way around they would be glad of a family taking them in and helping them get back on their feet.

So if people agree with me, then its time to get it happening and email the revelant peoples to get the idea into their heads and work it all out. Emails to all media outlets and relief departments with links to this ATS thread with replies giving more options and ideas is a possibility.

There must be Americans who can do their bit even by getting this idea happening and spread around the Internet to get the ball rolling.

For once the people can have their say and bring an idea to the administration for them to be able to help all these people.

Imagine the children that could benefit from having a hot cooked meal warm blankets and a clean nappies and clothes.

So some ideas on how to get this idea into a reality might be great. I know there will probably be people that poo poo this idea but i personally think its something that Americans can do to help their fellow countrymen and women and most of the children who really need this at the moment.

ATS can bring this to the people, thanks Soficrow for that idea.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
adopt a family idea already being discussed here, great posts ladies, could you please copy your posts to that this thread
"Adopt a Family" or employ victims of Katrina?
i'll close this one now.

[edit on 9-1-2005 by worldwatcher]

new topics

join