It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw an object in the sky during sunset

page: 1

join
share:
mrk

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I recorded it on my mobile phone, it's in the 3gp format so people with quicktime7 or mediaplayer classic or a video capable cell phone can view it. It's the white object that steadies accross the sky, it was silent and the sky was getting darker as sun fell.

See what you think

www.fixit-4u.net...
towards teh end I walk over to my car to turn the egnition off and my dashboard beeps to tell me thekey is still in hence the "shut up!!!"

Will update later on

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Nice video. It looks as if it gets brighter and dimmer. Thanks for sharing this with us. After you stopped what happened to the object ? If you see again let us know. Did anyone else wittness this?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
possibly a baloon...

mrk

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread!

The object just kept going until it dissappeared over the treelines. No one else was around at teh time, I was driving when I saw it and stopped by some trees to record it.

I have yet to see it since and it did not seem like a balloon, this thing was self illuminated and definately round, I've seen baloons in this area before but none that resembled this!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nice video, that looks awfuly alot like the pattern of a weather balloon. But it looks too small to be a weather balloon. Do you know if there is a science facility nearby, or weather station?

Weather Balloons

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Harvestfreak]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
mrk- Some really nice stuff you got there!

Cool that you took the time to post it here, if you see anything else of that kind catch it on your mobile and put it here? I would be cool to see more of it

I think it´s hillarious that people still goes " It`s a weather ballon", it´s only been 50 years or so since Roswell, doesn´t that weather ballon record ever get a scratch people? I`m not saying it´s a saucer, because I don´t know if it is, what I do know is that it is NOT a weather ballon, If you think thats a weather ballon, go clean out your eyes or go and put on a black suit and threat some farmers, OR go bother the obvious hoaxers on this site instead of going weather ballon on people who actually has got something to show

/Cactus

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Oh grow up people, that doesn't look like a weather balloon.

What it COULD be is a low flying weather sat with sunlight reflecting panels.

I saw one of these just a few hours ago ( only it was darker outside ).

Was the onject moving at uniform speed ?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
That my friend is a White Light Orb, or Foo Fighter

Link

Mod Edit: Fix Link Size

[edit on 19-9-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well if your sure it was self illuminated , then it was likely to have been a Night Light or as All Seeing Eye pointed out a Foo Fighter. Both are one and the same as far as I am concerned.

Where was the sighting?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What you have there is a seagull. If you look closely you can see the wings flapping. The reason that it appears to be a light is that the bird is at a higher elevation than you so the Sun's rays are striking it fully you on the other hand are in the shadow from sunset.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
What you have there is a seagull. If you look closely you can see the wings flapping. The reason that it appears to be a light is that the bird is at a higher elevation than you so the Sun's rays are striking it fully you on the other hand are in the shadow from sunset.

I disagree.

Although if you zoom in REALLY closely, it is possible to pass it off as that, due to the camera shaking, and having such poor quality, it is impossible to be conclusive about that the slighest.

Do seagulls even fly that high??

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak

I disagree.

Although if you zoom in REALLY closely, it is possible to pass it off as that, due to the camera shaking, and having such poor quality, it is impossible to be conclusive about that the slighest.

Do seagulls even fly that high??

How high was it? It could be small and 30ft away or it could be huge and 30,000 ft. away, there is nothing in the video to gain a reference from. I am trying to convert this video to a windowsmetafile file so that I can break it down frame by frame. I have tried it as an AVI but it loses even more detail. I think that I can freeze it where I see a wing flapping.

new topics

top topics

join