It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwaiti: 'The terrorist Katrina' is a soldier of Allah'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Following are excerpts from the Aug. 31 edition of Kuwaiti daily Al-Siyassa. Article is titled "The Terrorist Katrina is One of the Soldiers of Allah, But Not an Adherent of Al-Qaeda" published by Muhammad Yousef Al-Mlaifi.

"...As I watched the horrible sights of this wondrous storm, I was reminded of the Hadith of the Messenger of Allah [in the compilations] of Al-Bukhari and Abu Daoud. The Hadith says: 'The wind is of the wind of Allah, it comes from mercy or for the sake of torment. When you see it, do not curse it, [but rather] ask Allah for the good that is in it, and ask Allah for shelter from its evil.'

"When the satellite channels reported on the scope of the terrifying destruction in America [caused by] this wind, I was reminded of the words of [Prophet Muhammad]: 'The wind sends torment to one group of people, and sends mercy to others.' I do not think — and only Allah [really] knows — that this wind, which completely wiped out American cities in these days, is a wind of mercy and blessing. It is almost certain that this is a wind of torment and evil that Allah has sent to this American empire.

"But I began to ask myself: Doesn't this country [the U.S.] claim to aspire to establish justice, freedom, and equality amongst the people? Isn't this country claiming that everything it did in Afghanistan and Iraq was for truth and justice? How can it be that these American claims are untrue, when we see how good prevails in the streets of Afghanistan, and how it became an oasis of security with America's entrance there? How can these American claims in the matter of Iraq be untrue, when we see that Iraq has become the most tranquil and secure country in the world?"
"But how strange it is that after all the tremendous American achievements for the sake of humanity, these mighty winds come and evilly rip [America's] cities to shreds? Have the storms joined the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization?

"How sad I am for America. Here it is, poor thing, trying with all its might to lower oil prices which have reached heights unprecedented in all history. Along with America's phenomenal efforts to lower the price of oil in order to salvage its declining economy and its currency — that is still falling due to the 'smart' policy America is implementing in the world — comes this storm, the fruit of Allah's planning, so that [the price of] a barrel of oil will increase further still. By Allah, this is not schadenfreude.

Continue reading

Pretty interesting article. Not much to say about it right now. Thought some of you would be interested in reading it also.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
might as well as be saying earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes in the past that hit America might as well as be soldiers of Allah as well. o yeah we should consider the Ice Age as a soldier of Allah since it hit North America as well. i guess it was meant to prevent a future infidel nation called America from coming to birth.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think if psychologists need to study delusional lunatics the people that wrote the article are prime subjects.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
First of all - Kuwait is an US Ally, no?

Secondly, why this title?

If you actually read the Article, things become much more clearer:

The disaster will keep striking the unbelievers for what they have done, or it will strike areas close to their territory, until the promise of Allah comes to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise.' [Koran 13:31]."

I belive that words from Holy Qu'ran inspired the Author to write such title.

Can you spot the Cruel Irony of them?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
man why does it had to be the Koran to influence them to write such articles. might as well as say the sandstorms or not enough water tells the people of Islam that Allah is mad or somthing.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's been American evengelicals that have been saying we shouldn't pray or support those affected in the Hurricane because New Orleans was a 'Sin Capital' of America and God was 'cleansing' and all that.

Just make sure all the finger pointers out there keep an eye on their own countrymen while their at it.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I’m not a religious person, so anyone saying this storm was connected to god or anything supernatural is not night in the dome IMO.

Happy Memphis?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
The disaster will keep striking the unbelievers for what they have done, or it will strike areas close to their territory, until the promise of Allah comes to pass, for, verily, Allah will not fail in His promise.' [Koran 13:31]."

I belive that words from Holy Qu'ran inspired the Author to write such title.

Can you spot the Cruel Irony of them?

And you say islam is a religion of peace? This is a prime example of how it inspires extremism.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

But how strange it is that after all the tremendous American achievements for the sake of humanity, these mighty winds come and evilly rip [America's] cities to shreds?

Thats fascinatingly moronic. America is evil because bad things have happened to it. Wow.Not so dissimilar to those radical christians who were saying that the tsunami was punishemnt from god wreaked upon swedes (apparently the swedes were evil for some reason or another).

Not all that different from the very primitive ideal of 'trial by fire', wherein if you survive, you are clearly favoured by whatever god the group worships, in duels and such.

deltaboy
man why does it had to be the Koran

This is from a hadith, not the koran proper. Its like the talmud, rather than the torah, or the City of God by St. Augustus, rather than the bible, and the like. Also, please notice that the author is really stretching the passage. The passage itself is vaguely innocuous, this guy is taking wind to literally mean wind, rather than any of the other symbolic interpretations, for example.

SoM
because New Orleans was a 'Sin Capital'

I had been expecting comparisons to gomorah. Why new orleans tho, really? Because of Mardi Gras? A christian feastival? Why not las vegas or san francisco or something like that? Both these pastors and these mullahs are just venting their hate and citing their bibles.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think Chaves sent it to kill all televangelists out there.

No seriously, so if they get sandstorms and droughts does that mean someone else’s God decided to piss on their parade? Anyone ho doesn’t fell sorrow for someone else’s death (there are extreme examples, but I’m talking about normal people dying) is inhumane and doesn’t understand life.
Hope he/them gets the idea before its to late.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think if psychologists need to study delusional lunatics the people that wrote the article are prime subjects.

I think you'd make the perfect example, actually. Blindsighted Patriotism, complete lack of empathy for suffering humans, and even humans suffering under the hands of your 'almighty leader'.

Back to the topic at hand, Yes, i thought Kuwait was a US ally, though I suppose that dosen't mean the every-day person from Kuwait likes the US.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Some Israelis think Katrina was punishment from God for the US allowing the evacuation of Jews from Gaza.

This is a long quote but this portion of the article is all relevent.

Katrina - The fist of God?

For six days they watched as thousands of weeping people were pulled and carried from their homes, forced to leave their gardens, parks, communities, schools, towns and synagogues, everything they had spent decades building; banned from ever returning again. Those scenes were soon followed by pictures of bulldozers and other earth-moving machinery pulverizing the just-vacated homes into heaps of dust.

While this was taking place, a small tropical depression was forming near the Bahamas in the Atlantic Ocean. Slowly, as the air began to revolve, the nonthreatening weather system began moving in the direction of Florida.

Yesterday, we in Israel watched as American officials, including President George W. Bush, ordered the mandatory evacuation of New Orleans and its surrounds. That small depression had turned into a frightening fiend. Now we are seeing on our television screens up to a million people being forced to leave their homes. People are weeping on camera, mourning that they are going to lose “everything we own; everything we have worked for.”

As today unfolds we are bracing to see wind and water pounding homes, whole communities, into the ground.

Is this some sort of bizarre coincidence? Not for those who believe in the God of the Bible and the immutability of His Word.

What America is about to experience is the lifting of God’s hand of protection; the implementation of His judgment on the nation most responsible for endangering the land and people of Israel.

The US provides more protection towards Israel than any other nation does but there are some who don't see it that way.

BTW, I know there were a few nations who stepped forward with offers of help after Katrina.
Was Israel one of them?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I think you'd make the perfect example, actually. Blindsighted Patriotism, complete lack of empathy for suffering humans, and even humans suffering under the hands of your 'almighty leader'.

That post had noting to do with patriotism, but if you think this storm had anything to do with god or bush then I’m sorry but go take a couple Fundamentals of Science classes.

BTW, I know there were a few nations who stepped forward with offers of help after Katrina.
Was Israel one of them?

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Israel or our European “allies” have said anything. Shows you something doesn't it? If they have, please let me know so I can edit my post.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
IFFF God wanted to use this hurricane for anyreason, it was to destroy the oil refineries and weaken americas position.

IFF that was the case, I wont accept the position that this status was brought on by the actions of NON christians (or solely by them, or that they were the main reason).

and who cares what muslims fanaticals or christian fanticals or any fantical will say about it.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This makes me so mad and so sad, these people have no concept of global warming and the facts of life. This is beyond belief to me that the majority of Islam is saying Katrina has joined the holy crusade. I feel for these people and there ignorance that they will never realise that we are in stress just as they are. This is almost as ignorant as our own hardcore Christians blaming this storm on the gays and sins of the city and saying that the storm was sent by God because of peoples sins.

The ignorance of people almost makes me want to burst into tears.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
*sometimes its just best for me to keep my mouth shut, post deleted*

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Haven't seen any discussion about one idea: NEW Orleans, NEW York, and Nostradamus's quatrain about disaster to a "new" city?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
No seriously, so if they get sandstorms and droughts does that mean someone else’s God decided to piss on their parade?

Thats a good point, saudia arabia is a desert, it even has a region called the Empty Quarter. WTF does that say about whether or not they are in allahs favour??

What America is about to experience is the lifting of God’s hand of protection; the implementation of His judgment on the nation most responsible for endangering the land and people of Israel.

Complete lunatics. And ironic, considering that israel has been thriving under the protecting hand of America from its inception.

spilled beans
This is beyond belief to me that the majority of Islam is saying Katrina has joined the holy crusade.

Please take a refresher in counting. This is a cleric in a single small sheikdom.

The ignorance of people almost makes me want to burst into tears.

Perhaps its that beam in your eye causing the irritation.

NEW Orleans, NEW York, and Nostradamus's quatrain about disaster to a "new" city?

Completely off topic, and it only shows that nostradamus is bunk, if he could've been talking about 911 and new york or katrina and new orleans.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow.. Did I just see a mod edit out his own post??..hmm..
As I said in that islamic bloggers ATS thread.. People will say anything.. Its afree internet society..
Its is up to us to mould our character by paying heed to what is relevant..
the remaining..whomsoever may have said it and however insulting/racial/fanatic it may be, is nothing but total vocal/literary diarrhea..all spoken crap.. so ignore..

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
And so, did allah punish the people in Northern Iran with that big earthquake? Or how bout that big Tsunami? Listen people, God has nothing to do with natural disasters, Mother Nature does and so do human beings themselves...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join