It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name that Area 51 airplane

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Made a little collage of airplanes in Area 51 sattelite image availible with Google Earth. Don't expect any of them are any exiting, but you never know, now how about those black choppers ?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There probably BlackHawks.

so hate to say it...but everything in those pictures are normal sitings at any AFB.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
the ones on the bottom are the F-16s, the others are passenger planes. animore pics?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ok, oh well

[edit on 1-9-2005 by anorwegianguy1972]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A Few weeks ago I was checking out AFB in the southwestern US and the only really good stuff I saw was a B-2 some B-1’s an F-117 and a couple of SR’s. The B-2 intrigued me since it was by itself and not near a runway and since it was not at Whiteman AFB.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Left upper and lower are Boeing 737's. The choppers in the middle are Sikorsky Blackhawks, the three planes in the right hand piccy are two Beech 1900's and a Beech King Air, below those is another 737, and the bottom ones are indeed F-16's.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hey.. can anyone tell me how to find Area 51 on google earth..Locations on other AFBs would also be helpful..

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I see the infamous transports from Las Vegas "Janice" Boeing 737s

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this could be an interesting game, somebody post pix of this nature and the rest of us try to guess what planes they are of, kind of like the old airplane guessing game

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student
I see the infamous transports from Las Vegas "Janice" Boeing 737s

Acually, its "JANET" airlines

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
yeah, it'll be fun to identify a/c from google earth satellite pics.. I've looked up a couple of US AFBs and found lots of interesting aircraft.
There are 3 B-1b lancers I think parked at edwards AFB, along with a 747 which I can only presume is the shuttle lifter.
There are a couple of A-10s and 2 F-4s around the 747 too...
Can anyone upload those images?

cool.. I just saw 2 SR-71s at edwards too!Near that sand drawn runway and the 360 degrees marked circle..
where did you see the B-2 westpoint?

And now a F-22 raptor too.. Wow.. On google earth Edawrds has more jazz than area-51!!
:O
damn cool
google earth rocks

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Daedalus3]

[edit on 5-9-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Edwards is a nice place to look for exotic aircraft all the time.

Well anyways, I don't think a competition like that would be fair, atleast not with a person like Waynos subscribed to the thread.(He would get them all right before we even got a chance to guess).

Shattered OUT...

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Are these the F/A-22 ?

Oh and i heard that the 747 at the north part of the base is the one used to carry the space shuttle back to Cape Canaveral

Will love to see some B-2 but never seem to find them

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
D3 I'm not exactly sure which base it was, I know it wasn't Edwards and I know that the base was in the south western part of the country. Also besides the B-2, there was also an F-117 there.

D3 if you still want to find the B-2 check out this link and look up all of the AFB in the south western US, I would do it but I don't have time right now.

CONUS AFB

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Can anyone upload those images?

User www.putfile.com... its free.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In reply to the above;

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Yup.. that's why I said one F-22 and not 2.. The other one was a F-15..

I tried too look at whiteman, couldn;t find no B-2s though found a lot of grass covered bunkers..
Must be storing em there..

Check it out.. 3 B-1b lancers, and a couple of SR-71s too..

btw, norwegienguy, thanks for the link but I can't upload from there, now atleast..
This is what they told me:

"Error: Due to persistent abuse we regret we are no longer accepting uploads from your region at this time."

Btw where are you from? coz I stayed in Oslo for a while and actually I can see my apartment building from google earth..

Unfortunately such resolution is not available in countries like India..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I thought i'd post these up here as i couldnt see them up yet..

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What are those jet black ones? They're purrrdy.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
What are those jet black ones? They're purrrdy.

Sr-71 blackbird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join