It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jazeera says has Qaeda tape claiming London bombs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is just beginning to break on the newsfeeds now:

DUBAI (Reuters) - Al Jazeera television said on Thursday it had received a videotape in which Al Qaeda claims responsibility for the July bombings in London.

Al Jazeera said the tape contained the will of one of the July 7 London suicide bombers, Mohammad Sidique Khan, 30, in which he blamed the attacks on Britain's support for the war on Iraq and Western "tyrants". It said it planned to air the videotape at 2000 GMT (9:00 p.m. British time).

[...]

The channel also said the tape included a lengthy lecture by Osama bin Laden's deputy, Ayman al-Zawahri.

It was not immediately clear whether this was the same videotape aired by the channel on August 4 in which he referred to the July 7 bombings and warned Britons of more attacks, saying Prime Minister Tony Blair's policies would only bring them more destruction.

Time will tell I guess - al-Zawahri has been in the news a fair bit this week following the US air strike on the Iraq Syria border, and the footage will no doubt get examined very carefully to see if his appearance here is in anyway contemporaneous, with the bombing in London, or an inserted edit from an earlier point in time.

Source

(Mods: I've posted this in WOT not 7/7 as it appears to be a straight forward news item, and not indicative of any conspiracy - if that's an error of judgement on my part, sorry - please feel free to move the post).

EDIT: update.

The tape appeared to be an extract from a videotape already partly aired by Al Jazeera on Aug. 4, in which Zawahri warned Britain and the United States of more attacks.

Source

Is there any relevance of the timing of this tape being aired ?

Is it in anyway significant that this tape may carry an edit of earlier footage, and not new (or perhaps as yet unseen) material (beyond the fact that doing regular interviews or lecutures is going to be kinda hard I'd guess, considering the large number of people who are out to kill you).

[edit on 1-9-2005 by 0951]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would think that if such a tape was legit and not manufactured, it would of come out a lot earlier.

Why make a tape confessing, proclaiming and promoting the fact that your group was responsable for that attack, yet wait until months later before revealing it during a time when it's left the news?

Most likely this tape won't get 'authenticated' as that's usually never achieved but GREAT timing on behalf of the 'terrorists' in releasing a confessional when the 7/7 conspiracy is becoming more and more clear.

I would think a bragging rights video would have more affect soon after the attack rather than during a time when a lot of fingers are pointing at the government and intelligence agencies.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
just terrorist organizations taking credit of some nutso. I doubt they had anything to do with it.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why did they wait so long to air this portion of that earlier tape?
What was the point of that?

I remember when the tape came out, we were complaining about the lack of a full transcript or full video.

Anyway, here's an AP video of his claim and also some footage of an English speaking terrorist.
0901alqaida_london_300.wmv

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Anyway, here's an AP video of his claim and also some footage of an English speaking terrorist.
0901alqaida_london_300.wmv

I found the English speaking terrorist to be a strange sign.
In Australia we just had a video of an Australian accent Terrorist warning us all and now we have an English one.

I still think there's a maestro controlling all this propaganda and it ain't Bin Laden or any other Arab.

Apart from a video of a dude claiming responsability on behalf of al-Qaeda (of all entities), nothing about 7/7 adds up.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

The terrorist in question is Mohammed Sidique Khan - one of the so called martyrs who blew themselves up on 7/7.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

I would think that if such a tape was legit and not manufactured, it would of come out a lot earlier.

Why make a tape confessing, proclaiming and promoting the fact that your group was responsable for that attack, yet wait until months later before revealing it during a time when it's left the news?

The video tapes from Al Jazeera do provoke some questions:

Question 1
Why do the authorities continue to allow the Al Jazeera television studio to play these tapes in the public domain when they are thought to contain hidden messages to the worldwide network of terrorists collectively known as Al Qaeda?

Question 2
How does Al Jazeera obtain the video tapes?

Question 3
Why don't the authorities identify the location from which they appear and track down the people and networks which enable its distribution?

Questions 4 and 5
How are the tapes verified? What constitutes an athenticated tape?

There are many more questions along these lines that remain unanswered.

If revenge was indeed the motive for the 7/7 London bombings, then why are there no reports from survivors that mention the shouted rantings of lunatics as they detonated their backpacks? I cannot imagine for one second that all four of the suicide bombers were completely silent in the moments prior to their insane, inhuman and evil behaviour if the reasons given in this recent tape are to believed.

"We are at war and I am a soldier. Now you too will taste the reality of this situation."

The very mention of the word soldier invokes the demon that we all know as terrorism and not the thing which it ultimately is, and that is mass-murder.

But then what do we know, all we have is questions. . .

How about this one:
Why didn't Mohammed Sidique Khan simply post the video tape using the Royal Mail with a first class stamp to the Metropolitan Police if he was prepared to carry his personal information with him on the train anyway?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
the video is fake.

in Britain majority of people did not believe the official story that 4 ordinary boys woke up one morning and went on a bombing spree in London.

the plotters wanted to make sure that the people has some physical proof of guilt of these Asian boys. only one is one the video. did he forget his other 3 pals?

they had 52 days to come up with a visual.

as we all know voice can easily be re-created from one sample of your speech.

and the image ?

thats piece of cake.

a boy of 14 can now create special effects with which to scare his grandma hwo cant tell that his phographs are not real.

with this tape aired on al Jazeera, someone obviously recorded the voice separately and then tried to synchronize it with the created image deliberately fuzzy and out of focus. very poor attempt. the voice is still out of sync.

this video team must be amateur freelancers. just watch the video, and others that were released up till now. I am sure the MI5 know this and are working on it. They cant be that dumb.

This is the full text of mr "terrorist" who speaks in English with northern British accent:

" I'm going to keep this short and to the point because it's all been said before by far more eloquent people than me. And our words have no impact upon you, therefore I'm going to talk to you in a language that you understand. Our words are dead until we give them life with our blood. I'm sure by now the media's painted a suitable picture of me, this predictable propaganda machine will naturally try to put a spin on things to suit the government and to scare the masses into conforming to their power and wealth obsessed agendas. I and thousands like me are forsaking everything for what we believe. Our driving motivation doesn't come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer. Our religion is Islam, obedience to the one true God, Allah, and following the footsteps of the final prophet and messenger Muhammad. This is how our ethical stances are dictated. Your democratically elected governments continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world. And your support of them makes you directly responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters. Until we feel security, you will be our targets. And until you stop the bombing, gassing, imprisonment and torture of my people we will not stop this fight. We are at war and I am a soldier. Now you too will taste the reality of this situation."

[edit on 2-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy

the video is fake.

in Britain majority of people did not believe the official story that 4 ordinary boys woke up one morning and went on a bombing spree in London.

the plotters wanted to make sure that the people has some physical proof of guilt of these Asian boys. only one is one the video. did he forget his other 3 pals?

they had 52 days to come up with a visual.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

Remember after 9/11, i think it was Sept 28th, Bin Laden gave his last AUTHENTIC interview on public record, he stated he had nothing to do with 9/11 and that it was most likely an Isreali/US covert operation.

Then, under 60 days, around the 11th November, the US 'found' the 'smoking gun' video which has Bin Laden confessing to 9/11.

Again, that tape was not bought by a lot of people, even people in Pakistan who hate Bin Laden with a passion said it's ridiculous to believe he would of said anything like that in a group with video cameras rolling.

Seems like there's a 2 month period in which the 'agency' studies public reaction and determines the need for a 'smoking gun'.

Just another of 7/7's problematic variables which mimic 9/11's.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The BBC has a transcript of Mohammad Sidique Khan's part of the video.
I'm still trying to find one for al-Zawahri's part ...

Do we know if al-Zawahri's comments [here] are explicit in identifying the July London bombing, or are they in the more common, and looser form of words, which could apply to pretty much any recent activity on 'western' interests.

I wonder if there is a kinda stock archive of al-Zawahri making *this* type of material, which is then available for insert and edit ... It's a trivial enough task for sure. I guess that'll become clear in time.

new topics

top topics

join