It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TrueAmerican "Single Session" Series Notes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.podtrac.com...
www.podtrac.com...

Well, seeing I am starting to receive U2U's about this stuff, I figured I'd post a little background info on my friend, myself and these particular songs:

I have been a musican, producer and sound engineer since about 1980. My friend is the principal writer, vocalist, and rhythm guitar player, and he supplied the raw song material. Then together we refined, arranged and and recorded about 6 tunes (roughly one tune per session), with me playing all the other instruments. This stuff is unfinished, but it is some of my favorite stuff I have been involved with over the years, simply because I really enjoyed the songs and the arrangements we did of them.

Out of all the people I have worked with, he is one of the top songwriters I have come across in over 20 years. For various reasons he moved on, and later did a CD with other versions of Reach and Your Love Is Real. His versions are good too, but I still love the versions we did the most. I have nothing to gain by posting these, I just wanted to share what I feel is good stuff, even in its unfinished form.

I have plenty of other stuff too. Look for some of it in upcoming podcasts!

Regards,
TA

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I listened to "Reach" it came with a good recomendation in Cosmic.

Alot of talk around the watercooler.

Very good.

I was very impressed.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Superior work.

Your timing for this piece is awesome.

Look for a special overlord podcast tonight featuring your tune (if you don't mind).

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No not at all SO, feel free, and thanks much for the compliments. I have been out of touch with him for some time, but I will never forget the work we did together. Honestly though, these tunes are 80 % him and 20% me. He really deserves most of the credit.

Funny how things go, this guy ended up working in Washington DC for the DOD with top secret clearance. It would be a real hoot for him to catch one of these podcasts, and to know that our work is appreciated by a special few.

Regards,
TA

new topics

top topics

join