It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Coverup of UFOs - Proven?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sorry to dig up an "old" thread. I think this discussion deserve(d) so much more attention. I see so many threads on disclosure projects, and UFO's and they all seem to be based on complete junk.

In my opinion, this is one of the better threads regarding cover ups.
Well thought out, well written. S&F!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The point was that on one hand we're seeing the government state that mass media outlets and even Disney by name, are being mentioned as possibilities for use in manipulating the public idea of aliens. Then, years later, we see Disney cooperating with some in government on such projects.

Gazrok -great, great thread.

Dr Hynek makes an interesting statement below about Walt and there's some further info about Ward Kimball at the link...I think you've covered a lot of it here though.

"Blue Book was now under direct orders to debunk...I remember the conversations around the conference table in which it was suggested that Walt Disney or some other educational cartoon producer be enlisted in the debunking process".

Dr J Allen Hynek, Chairman of the Department of Astronomy at Northwestern University and scientific consultant for Air Force investigations of UFOs from 1948 until 1969 (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book).

Walt Disney, UFOs and the USAF.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but since i don't have 20 posts I can't make a new one (strange rule). I was bored last night so read some of the CIA Freedom of Information (I use the word information loosely) files and stumbled upon a couple of bits. Most of which has been covered by the OP so I won't repeat them. A lot of the files were barely legible but there were some that caught my attention.

The first one is a memo dated Dec 9, 1952 and is regarding the FCC setting up monitoring stations in Hawaii and Alaska to monitor UFO signals:

"It seemed likely using the example of the concerted effort to identify the first diathermy signals back in 1935 and the (illegible) recent efforts that preceded the explanation of the VHF "bursts", that any persistent occurences of radio signals that might come from flying saucers, if below 30 mc/s, would soon be the object of considerable interest at the FCC and elsewhere."

Not a big deal but it's still interesting to know they were (and maybe still are) monitoring UFO signals.

The next file is from July 12, 1955 at Pepperrell Air Force Base, written by (or for) "Acting Assistant Director for Scientific Intelligence". A pilot is in the air with a UFO for 49 minutes, and radar confirms the object is there throughout the experience:

"While such dual (visual and electronic) sightings of UFOBs are reported from time to time, this particular report is somewhat unique in that...a: the 'pilot of Archie 29 maintained visual contacts with object calling direction changes of object to (radar) site by radio. Direction changes correlated exactly with those painted on scope with controller.'...b: In previous cases the dual (visual and electronic) sightings are mostly of a few minutes duration at most. This one was observed by radar, at least, for 49 minutes."

This is intriguing because there isn't usually much information about sightings on Air Force bases. It also admits that these sightings have occurred before, for a shorter time. This is a CIA document admitting that military personnel regularly come into contact with UFOs!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join