It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katrina aid response - Enough???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Has our government done enough to help the victims of hurricane Katrina? I find it amazing that it is 4 days later and there is barely enough help for a city like New Orleans. Lawlessness, Looting, Arson, Murder, Death, Destruction etc... and the response has been anemic at best.

Did this storm catch everyone by suprise? Does FEMA, Homeland Security, or the Federal Government have any contingency plans for such a disaster? You would think that after the events on 9/11 the government would have mandated that such plans be created and at the ready should such a disaster befall us. What this tells me is that we have still learned absolutely NOTHING from past disasters and continue to operate under such a cavlier attitudes.

Currently thousands of people lay dead and/or dying in and around NO and other parts of the hurricane damaged region and they are talking about only mobilizing 18,000 troops? The region is experiencing one of the worst economic, ecological, and environemntal disasters on record and the situation is declining rapidly. Why weren't troops at the ready outside of the region. Why weren't massive amounts of aid stockpiled outside the region. Yeah, I know, we all heard about the stockpiles in the area... where are they? I'm sorry but this is a joke!

We have always prided ourselves on being the most advanced nation in the world. We rush our military to aid countries in the clutches of such disasters within hours of the disaster. Global assistance comes rushing in faster than flood waters... but not on our own soil!? I am at a loss. I continue to lose faith in our government, specifically Bush and his administration, as well as the whole of mankind.

On a final note... Do we rebuild this place? Who pays for it? I mean, this is a disaster that is likely to repeat itself in our lifetimes, possibly within the next few years.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
enough threads on the same subject...........

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i feel bad for the people. fema just suspended rescue operation cause it's not safe for the rescue officials to go in.

people are becoming violent

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
thread closed

please add your thoughts and post to any of the threads found in this central list
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
please use one of the other threads on this subject

thread closed

Beat me WW

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Amuk]

new topics

top topics

join