It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frustrating Edit Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hi guys and gals. Just a quick problem, which has proved more of an annoyance then a drastic problem.

After I post a ... post, I sometimes wish to go back and edit it, to add quotes or supplement claims with additional links and information. Whenever I attempt to paste the quote or link into the existing text, that text is erased and all that remains is the quote. At no time do I highlight any part of the existing text, so it is not being overwritten that way.

Say I wish to insert a link to a site. I click on the Edit button of my post and my original text promptly appears. I type in the brackets where I want the link to appear in the text (), okay no problems. I click on the hyperlink button, add the title and the URL, no worries. But when I press enter, the link is inserted but my original text is completely gone. The only way I have found around this is to copy my original post into Notepad or Word, insert the quote or link, and then recopy my original text back and edit it together.

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong that I am unaware of? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have also had this problem since my first days of using ATS and have never found a solution.

So now I just type out [img] or [url] when writing my posts.

Hope this helps

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Hope this helps

Curse you and your infallible logic!

Good to see someone else with the problem. Now I know, at least, I am not crazy. Well, as crazy. I guess I shall do as you do from now on.

Thanks, phixion.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25
Hi guys and gals. Just a quick problem, which has proved more of an annoyance then a drastic problem.

After I post a ... post, I sometimes wish to go back and edit it, to add quotes or supplement claims with additional links and information. Whenever I attempt to paste the quote or link into the existing text, that text is erased and all that remains is the quote. At no time do I highlight any part of the existing text, so it is not being overwritten that way.

Say I wish to insert a link to a site. I click on the Edit button of my post and my original text promptly appears. I type in the brackets where I want the link to appear in the text (), okay no problems. I click on the hyperlink button, add the title and the URL, no worries. But when I press enter, the link is inserted but my original text is completely gone. The only way I have found around this is to copy my original post into Notepad or Word, insert the quote or link, and then recopy my original text back and edit it together.

Is this a known bug, or am I doing something wrong that I am unaware of? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

When that happens which is often here is what I do.

I highlight the url code and do a control C

Then I hit control Z that brings back the original and then put cursor where I want to insert link and hit control V to insert the url code and it works for me. If you are on a mac just use command instead of control button

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
I have also had this problem since my first days of using ATS and have never found a solution.

Hope this helps

I've had the same experience and used the same solution as you.
I haven't used the code buttons for about a year.

BB Code is pretty easy when you start using it.

top topics

join