It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawlessness growing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Is New Orleans turning into Mogadishu? Relief copters just shot at outside of Superdome...evacuation postponed.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
of course it's growing. it's gona continue to grow. i told my wife last night that people were gonna start killing each other.
the mayor is saying do whatever needs done to stop the looting. people have taken up arms with stolen guns and are walking the streets. they are just looking for trouble.
people are hot, hungry, thirsty, traumatized and thousands of people are heading towards the dome and the convention center and then nothing is happening. people are getting upset. it is not justified but christ man, there are 60k plus people outside the dome and they are mad. they shot at a rescue chopper and that is just sick.
it's gonna ripple. the troops are gonna get mean and then the people are gonna retaliate cause of it an dthen the troops are gonna retaliate cause of that. it's gonna be a bad scene and it's gonna get a lot worse

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I heard a guy shot his sister over a bag of ice in Alabama or Mississippi (I think)...it's definitely bad there and even worse in New Orleans.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
as the hours go by it's gonna get worse. the more hungry/thirsty/ and tired they get the more irate they are gonna get. people are gonna start to take things from other people by force.

i don't know if it's true but i am hearing that people are forming small groups and getting to higher ground and looting through homes that are dry and still standing. some of those homes are bound to have people in them still. then what is gonna happen? it's gonna be bad

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have seen it in the news, CNN, also some people armed high-jacked a truck with supplies.

I guess the longer that law and order is not around anarchy will take over.

But funny that is part of our human nature the strongest will always survive.

We need our national guard and the Army to take over, before Innocent people that survived the Storm fall prey to this littler groups of trouble makers.

Something my husband pointed out yesterday, what is going to happen with all the drug addicts and alcoholics that now have no sources to supply their additions?

Will they turn violient?

I wonder.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I have seen it in the news, CNN, also some people armed high-jacked a truck with supplies.

I guess the longer that law and order is not around anarchy will take over.

But funny that is part of our human nature the strongest will always survive.

We need our national guard and the Army to take over, before Innocent people that survived the Storm fall prey to this littler groups of trouble makers.

Something my husband pointed out yesterday, what is going to happen with all the drug addicts and alcoholics that now have no sources to supply their additions?

Will they turn violient?

I wonder.

there are so many what if's. the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the people that need medicines that can't get it now. it's gonna get voilent fast

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

This is already happening, hospitals can get no more supplies because the trucks are being held up to steal the pharmaceuticals.

Hell, I'd probably loot the Valium and Vicodin from my neighborhood drug store if my house was just destroyed

But seriously, it is a bad problem...especially since it is effecting hospitalized people.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78it's gonna ripple. the troops are gonna get mean and then the people are gonna retaliate cause of it an dthen the troops are gonna retaliate cause of that. it's gonna be a bad scene and it's gonna get a lot worse

Desperate people stop thinking rationally. Sadly I see a complete break down of social order. Add to that the prevalance of guns and you have a situation where the rescue personel will not be able to do their job thus many needless casualities.

Now is when we will see the true spirit of America. Will it be anarchy or compassionate and help your fellow man. I pray that it is the latter!

Will martial law be percieved as oppression or necessary for the preservation of order.

From a socialogical and anthropological stand point; this disaster will reveal much about the American people in times of crisis; And Their Character.

Another question; how well will the relief structure [govt] respond. It's still early but communication [a crucial component] seems to be a real problem.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Please review the Central Katrina Thread, there have been a lot of repeat topics. If this topic is unique, please post the link in that thread so it can be added.

ed: looks like DTOM is on top of things here!

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
threads already covering superdome evacuation and deterioating conditions exist in the link Nygdan provided above. Thread closed.

top topics

join