It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long does gas keep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Does anyone know how long reg.unleaded gas will keep in a gas can?
I have a few gas can's full in my shead and was curious about how long I could store them.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
without fuel stabilizer. Up to 2 years with fuel stabilizer.

www.goldeagle.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Gas is just like most other things .This means if you have a clean container and fill it right to the top alowoing NO air in then seal it so no air can get in gas will keep indefintly.
Just like canning apples lol.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
As a blended product derived from certain grades of crude oil........... gasoline will seperate into blended components in as little as a few months if allowed to sit stationary. The heavier elements of the blend settling at the bottom of the container and the lighter elements can evaporate from the top of any nonsealed airtight container. Shaking the contain will not remix the blend once seperated..........

A fuel stablizer product will keep all blended components in suspension over a much longer period........up to a year............but after that you will begin go experience the seperation again............Gasoline as a blend at the point of sale to retail customers is really designed to be used soon after its dispension from the pump.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I siphoned 5 gallons that had been sitting in my dead f-150 for 6-8 months into my 89 toyota 4x4... she's runnin fine

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sri, that is because all Ford products have a special gasoline additive-dispenser built right into the fuel tank.

Another reason not to buy a Chevy or Dodge truck!

new topics

top topics

join