It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
QUOTE : " About the possible sale of the HMS Invincible to India in the 2004 the following information was published. Then if the HMS Invincible sky ramp have 7 degrees, the present HMS Invincible is not the original R05."

BEGONE TROLL

as someone has just pointed out you are ignoring anything that does not fit your fantasy

invincible had its ramp modded during refits , why are you ignoring such basic and easily verifiable details

what does your " logic " make of the fact that hermes was built with no ramp ?? how did it get the ramp by 82 ???????????

PS - i note you havnt tried my challenge

YRS - APE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argus

Originally posted by TheIrishDuck
The R08, the new Invincible was built in Litton Ingalls after the Tarawa class The Peleliu and before the first Wasp

www.hazegray.org...

www.hazegray.org...

www.hazegray.org...-cl

May someone can tell me what Litton Ingalls did betwen 1980 - 1985.

A new Invincible??? yes, but shhh. don´t tell anyone.

Ok, Ill have a go

Hull No Name Owner Type Delivery
4226 Thorn U.S. Navy Destroyer 21-Jan-80
4227 Deyo U.S. Navy Destroyer 25-Feb-80
4228 Ingersoll U.S. Navy Destroyer 24-Mar-80
4229 Fife U.S. Navy Destroyer 5-May-80
4230 Fletcher U.S. Navy Destroyer 16-Jun-80
4601 Kidd U.S. Navy Destroyer 4-May-81
4602 Callaghan U.S. Navy Destroyer 6-Jul-81
4603 Scott U.S. Navy Destroyer 8-Sep-81
4604 Chandler U.S. Navy Destroyer 18-Jan-82
4701 Ticonderoga U.S. Navy Cruiser 22-Jan-83
4801 Hayler U.S. Navy Destroyer 10-Feb-83
4901 Yorktown U.S. Navy Cruiser 15-Jul-84
4501 Vincennes U.S. Navy Cruiser 30-Jun-85
4502 Valley Forge U.S. Navy Cruiser 2-Dec-85

Hows that for you ? I guess they could have worked on sundays and xmas to get the new invincible done ?!

www.coltoncompany.com...

I wasn´t talking about destroyers and cruisers, i was talking about building aircraft carriers.

They had time to make it.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye

And Popeye??? what´s up?

You tell me something that you read in a book and i prove it´s a fake, nothing to say?

Why Hermes is with Illustrious??
Your book and your link is a fake.

The picture proves nothing as there is not date reference and to me at least (cant be bother to put it into photoshop and examine, it not possible to tell exactly what ship she is, as Hermes and Illustrous 'not' together both were in Postmouth from 21st July to 2nd August

In the photo you can see the Hermes in bad conditions becasue it has been in a war and Falklands war was the last where Hermes was.

It is not Invincible becasue INVINCIBLE 82 DID NOT HAS PHALANX!!!!!

It´s Illustrious.
And it left Portsmouth on june, i gave you a link look again and read.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.freefoto.com...

here is some more pics of close up shots of HMS Invincible in 2001. these pics could help to prove and compare the other pictures of HMS Invincible back in the 80s of course she has changed a little for refits, etc.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye

I agree with "55heroes" may be he is right.

I have studied this for years and i have lot of material too, i can give you some of them.

After studying about the attack to Invincible i still waiting for someone who tell or answer me this questions:

- There isn´t any registry of aerial activity from that aircraft carrier, from that date (may 30)...

There was some air activity
1st June 1982.
0950 hours.
No.801 Squadron HMS Invincible CAP (Lt. N. Ward and Lt. S. Thomas) destroy Argentine C-130 Hercules 93 km north of Pebble Island. Wards first AIM-l9 Sidewinder he fired fell short of the C-130, but the second started a fire between the port engines, Ward then fired 240 rounds of 30mm, which broke the aircraft's wing of sending it crashing into the sea killing the 7 crew members. This particular C-130 is believed to have been trying to repeat a bombing attempt made by another C-130 the previous day, when an Argentine C-130 made a bombing attack on a British tanker well north of the total exclusion zone. The Argentineans had simply pushed bombs out of the back of the aircraft as they over flew the ship. One bomb struck the ship, but bounced off to no effect.

- Nobody knows where it was the Invincible from the May 30 to July ends, which enter the disguised Illustrious like Invincible in Port Stanley.

HMS Illustrous was in the UK until 2nd August when she set sail for the Falklands some how can she be in Port Stanley at the end of July when it is 8000 miles away

- Nobody can explain why the aircraft carrier do not touch land on June 14 (when the others ships, all the others including Hermes touched port Stanley or returned to England.

Remember only the Argentine forces on the island surrendered HMS Invincible was kept offshore as a precaution

- It is virtually impossible and irrational that the repairs have become to opened sea, with temperatures below cero and a few hours of light.

She was not hit so no repair, however as to being able to carry out repair when HMS Invincible left for the Falkland she only had one operational driveshaft. The second was replaced whilst she was underway in 24 hours, a job that was supposed to take 3 weeks in the docks

- Nobody can´t explain why the second aircraft carrier entered disarmed, if it was the Illustrious it was operative from half-full of June.

HMS wasa not unarmed she carried 809 squadron of Harriers

- Nobody can´t explain why HMS Illustrious returned immediately to UK from Falklands (obviously to be finished and to be armed).

She arrived on station in the Falklands on 27th August and stayed until the end of October when the shore based radar and F-4 phantoms becam operational on the island to provide the necessary security.

-Why the HMS Invincible that left to the Falklands had the black tower, and when it arrived in September it had it of gray color? repainted?? may be but i think is another ship, becasue Invincible didn´t had phalanx and the ships who arrives to Porstmouth as Invincible had phalanx.

Many of the ships got a fresh coat of paint whilst travelling down to the Falklands - I have some pics in a book. Helpedpass the time

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Popeye]

Yes, air activity the few harriers who survived but noone said nothing about the aircraft carrier after may 30.

"HMS Illustrous was in the UK until 2nd August when she set sail for the Falklands some how can she be in Port Stanley at the end of July when it is 8000 miles away"

I have explain this with images and links. Illustrious left uk on june 4 or 14.

"Remember only the Argentine forces on the island surrendered HMS Invincible was kept offshore as a precaution"

And why Hermes not?

Illustrious was desarmed, and was not finished.

I will post a link in the next post and i ll explain this better.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

HMS Invincible in drydock with phalanx in the front of its bow.

it says 1980s. when the picture was takened.

www.maritimequest.com...

All three Invincible class carriers
Invincible R-05, Illustrious R-06 and Ark Royal R-07
returning from Outback 88

well well wat do u know all three aircraft carriers joining together posing for this pic. man im good.

o yeah it says R05 on the sail on the closest carrier.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Delta boy:

yesterday your friend put the same photo and then he deleted.

Becasue I told him it was after the war, that´s not Invincible 05.

You have to show me photographs of 1982 after the war and before the war until the refit and you will see the differences.

I have show you when Illustrious (as Invincible) went to Portsmouth, and when was with Hermes.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In the second photo i see the new Invincible 08 the Illustrious 06 and the Ark Royal 07, i can´t see the 05.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
QUOTE :" I wasn´t talking about destroyers and cruisers, i was talking about building aircraft carriers.

"

OK , i will bite

question one - when was the hull laid down

question two - was this hull destined for the RN

question two a - of so why was it being built in america

question two b - if not for who , and why did they " allow " thier ship to be " stolen "

question three - who paid for it

question four - why was the " new " ship not built to match invincible - ie no phalanx etc

unrelated questions :

which TWO carriers were on station in the south atlantic AFTER hermes departed

what carrier was on station after the departure of invincible

what carrier sailed north when illustrious returned

how did the " replacement " " make the switch " - crew / harriers / helicopters etc . hermes could not take them on

what became of the dead ? surely you cont claim thier ship was shot from under them with no loss of life

why did the press corps stay silent ?

YRS - APE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

In the second photo i see the new Invincible 08 the Illustrious 06 and the Ark Royal 07, i can´t see the 05.

then u need glasses. because i see the 05 perfectly right there. and also to respond to yer other post. all those ships are the same class carrier. if u cant see this picture its because u finally realized u are wrong but u wont admit it and will just keep comin up unexcuse reasons.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Illustrious left Portsmouth on june and it was not finished:

"The war was won before Illustrious could be finished, but she did perform a useful service in the aftermath. "

" Illustrious was needed so quickly that the ship was actually commissioned underway. After the RAF airfield was repaired, Illustrious returned to the UK for a more proper shakedown cruise and workup period, with a formal commissioning on 20 March 1983."
www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
QUOTE :" I wasn´t talking about destroyers and cruisers, i was talking about building aircraft carriers.

"

OK , i will bite

question one - when was the hull laid down

question two - was this hull destined for the RN

question two a - of so why was it being built in america

question two b - if not for who , and why did they " allow " thier ship to be " stolen "

question three - who paid for it

question four - why was the " new " ship not built to match invincible - ie no phalanx etc

ALL WAS KEPT IN SECRET, IN AMERICA BECAUSE UK DIDN´T HAVE THE TIME THE PLACE AND THE MONEY.
WHO CARES WHO PAID FOR IT, MAY BE USA BUT HERE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SINKING OF THE SHIP.

When they built the new ship the rest of the people in the world thought it was being refit, so they built a different ship.

unrelated questions :

which TWO carriers were on station in the south atlantic AFTER hermes departed

what carrier was on station after the departure of invincible

ILLUSTRIOUS ALWAYS WAS ILLUSTRIOUS, the R06 was like R05 too and i can prove it because of the characteristics of the ships, they were twins but had differences.

what carrier sailed north when illustrious returned

?returned where?

how did the " replacement " " make the switch " - crew / harriers / helicopters etc . hermes could not take them on

Yes i show you 2 photos and i have more if you want. There you can see Hermes with Illustrious to bring it the crew and the harriers of the Invincible
I had explained it before.

what became of the dead ? surely you cont claim thier ship was shot from under them with no loss of life

YES BUT THEY ARE STILL IN SECRET. It happenned with HMS Dasher. remembered? read pages one and two i explained that too.

why did the press corps stay silent ?

It´s secret, today too.
After the Falklands war, UK put 90 years of silence about the war.
And if you remember on the WW2 the years of secret were only 30.

YRS - APE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Delta boy:

wat was that "friend" are u talking about and which photo did he post again?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is June - July of 1982 in the South Atlantic:

The Hermes (with the tripulation of the Invincible), passing to the new aircraft carrier who was not finishd yet, HMS Illustrious:
You can see Hermes with too many people preparing to enter to Illustrious.

The oficial history of the Royal Navy never mention this episode.
The Royal Navy said Hermes and Illustious NEVER met together in the South Atlantic, but i have the prove, i have the photos.

THE LIE OF THE CENTURY

Made it by UK!!!!

[edit on 2-9-2005 by TheIrishDuck]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Delta boy:

wat was that "friend" are u talking about and which photo did he post again?

Look page 3. The scotish, he posted the same photos and then he deleted, he accpeted it wasn´t Invincible or at least he accepted he was wrong with his questions.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i dont see aniwhere this Scottish as u mentioned has pointed ani pic that i just put. u could be more specific like give me the member's name. also the pic i put shows 3 Invincible class carriers with HMS Invincible R05 closest to the camera. all three posing together. shouldnt one of them be missing? if it was sanked.

3-1 = 2. i see 3. which means well u know the rest.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
May have already been said, but with a name like "Invincible", it's pretty much just begging to be a target, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is June - July of 1982 in the South Atlantic:

The Hermes (with the tripulation of the Invincible), passing to the new aircraft carrier who was not finishd yet, HMS Illustrious:
You can see Hermes with too many people preparing to enter to Illustrious.

Couple of thing the people are preparing to enter the illustrious it is called a ship's company salute when the crews line up on the deck to salute the other ship. If they were preparing to leave they would be board helos.

Also your first picture is the invincible according to the pictures properties (not as I accept that is any validity)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
QUOTE : “ALL WAS KEPT IN SECRET, IN AMERICA BECAUSE UK DIDN´T HAVE THE TIME THE PLACE AND THE MONEY.
WHO CARES WHO PAID FOR IT, MAY BE USA BUT HERE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE SINKING OF THE SHIP.

translation – “ I have no clue “

QUOTE : When they built the new ship the rest of the people in the world thought it was being refit, so they built a different ship. “

ROFLMAO , do you really believe that are have you ascended to trolldom ???????

QUOTE:” ILLUSTRIOUS ALWAYS WAS ILLUSTRIOUS, the R06 was like R05 too and i can prove it because of the characteristics of the ships, they were twins but had differences.

QUOTE : “?returned where?

as I asked before – tabulate the movements of hermes , invincible , illustrious and your “ magic replacement “I want to to detail in chronological order what ship ypou claim was where and when

QUOTE : “ Yes i show you 2 photos and i have more if you want. There you can see Hermes with Illustrious to bring it the crew and the harriers of the Invincible “

Source , location and date of these pictures ??? my guess is they are all crowncopyright – so how did you get them it it’s a big secret

wow – the big “ its secret “ hand waving

YEAH RIGHT :p

YRS – APE

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I can tell you now i have a friend who was aboard the night she was sank (he survived) and he will tell any of you that the switch between the two ships was made!

Not that any single one of you will believe me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join