It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
are you actually being serious when you say that the dead in the supposed sinking of invincible
could be kept secret until 2072. Do you not think the families of the deceased would cause so much trouble for the UK government not to mention the government using other to ships to pretend to be invincible. When a RAF Chinook crashed flying to Northern Island killing all crew the amount of fuss the families made was incredible not to mention when a single soldier dies at Deepcut barracks the amount of news coverage it gets is unbelievable.

Anyway i still see no real reason for the UK government to cover up up the sinking tragic though it would have been, and imagine how the newspapers and media organizations would have reacted if they even got a sniff of the story it would have been far too risky for the UK government to try and cover it up Thatcher and her ministers would have to resign, the opposition would have a field day, no if it had been sunk the truth would have come out (dont try to compare the case of hms dasher ).

You still havent answered my question about why would the UK mod release pictures of the two ships transfering the crew of Invincible when it was supposed to be secret. Im sorry my South American friends
but your arguments do not make sense and you are not giving us any facts whatsoever you just keep churning up the same old rubbish. It is not fact to have a supposed account of a mission, why have the pilots not come forward to talk to the world press if it was one of the greatest days in aviation history as you claim ill tell you why because the mission never happened, i have extreme doubt whether the invincible sustained any damage at all.

The history of the Falklands does not matter what matters is that British citizens live there and they do not want to be argentinian they are British, they and the islands will always stay British. If argentina try to retake them again they will recieve one hell of a bloody nose like they did last time no question about it

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
Album "The Final Cut"
Group Pink Floyd
Year 1983
Author Roger Waters
(the Maradona of the simphnic rock)

The postwar dream, say:

The post war dream

Tell me true tell me why was Jesus crucified
is it for this that daddy died?
was it for you? was it me?
did I watch too much T.V.?

Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?
if it wasn't for the nips
being so good at building ships
the yards would still be open on the Clyde
and it can't be much fun for them
beneath the rising sun
with all their kids committing suicide
what have we done Maggie what have we done
what have we done to England
should we shout should we scream
"what happened to the post war dream?"
oh Maggie Maggie what have we done?

Yo pienso que Roger Waters, un idolo mundial, tremendamente querido y admirado en Argentina, sabía mucho acerca de lo ocurrrido en Falklands.

Luego de The Final Cut, Pink Floyd, el mejor grupo de rock de la historia se separo.
Why?

man you are unbelievable so now Roger Waters knows about the sinking of the Invincible
chamone mother&@^)_£

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishDuck
Ohh sorry the photo was too big i thougth brits like that kind of girls

But seriously, you can ask her she/he/it knows too much about the attack.

The correct term is "she". And you really are pathetic. If you sand the pride of the Royal Navy, why didn't you tell the whole world? The Germans told the world they'd sunk Ark Royal five times before they did. Why were you so bashful?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This would have to be the most pointless argument I have ever seen on ATS.
We know they didn't sink the carrier, we know they are ignoring facts such as the member whose father was on the carrier, we know also that part may unfortunatley be lost in translation. So why oh why do you all bother to keep debating the issue with these two?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Red Rose
This would have to be the most pointless argument I have ever seen on ATS.
We know they didn't sink the carrier, we know they are ignoring facts such as the member whose father was on the carrier, we know also that part may unfortunatley be lost in translation. So why oh why do you all bother to keep debating the issue with these two?

why oh why have you bothered to write a post

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Rose, i already asked that question, and i think its because most people are so amazed by the nonsense provided by 55 heroes that they just cant turn away. Its like watching a car crash.

Arkantos, there ours, get over it, if you had any people there you could stake a claim, but you dont so you cant. Rule Brittania!

Invincible i alive and well, along with her crew.

And why will documents be relesed in 2072? There is a 50 year limit on most secret documents.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The Malvinas Island was stolen by england this is the true

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
and the uk own them now and we wll forever

or is mexico
gonna invade the Falklands

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
Rose, i already asked that question, and i think its because most people are so amazed by the nonsense provided by 55 heroes that they just cant turn away. Its like watching a car crash.

Arkantos, there ours, get over it, if you had any people there you could stake a claim, but you dont so you cant. Rule Brittania!

Invincible i alive and well, along with her crew.

And why will documents be relesed in 2072? There is a 50 year limit on most secret documents.

you have said it. 50 years.

Why for this War they put 90??

think...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, i´m waiting for you to bring a member of the Invincible 05 (not lynda pease
)

One who has passed from Hermes to Illustrious, can you bring him?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Secret for 90 years?
Because the HMS-Invincible sunk in Falklands 30/5/82
And replaced by a retrofitted sister.

In an increible and absurd history, the clon ship return to Portsmouth, 95 days after the end of the war.

Maybe lost into the triangle of Bermudas for more than 3 months.
At the command of Harry Potter, of course.

An basic and absurd history

Pathetic.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Where the crew of the Invincible made the retrofitted of the Lusty?

In Ascension, maybe??

Or in the middle of the ocean (in the ecuator line is more warm and more sunlight)??

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
And as i`ve said , Buenos Aires was nuked , and it was covered up by the french and american government.next.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article about the 820 Naval Air Squadron that joined the HMS Invincible in 1982 and stayd with the ship until 1985. A pretty hard feat to do if the ship had been sunk.

820 Naval Air Squadron History
In April 1982 the Squadron embarked in HMS Invincible and sailed for the South Atlantic and the subsequent Falklands war. During the conflict the Squadron successfully flew over 4700 hours in a variety of roles. HMS Invincible spent 166 days continuously at sea during this time, a world record for continuous Carrier operations. Since its return from the South Atlantic the Squadron has been involved in exercises with ships and aircraft of other NATO countries. At the end of 1985 the Squadron ended its connection with HMS Invincible and formed part of the Air Group on board HMS Ark Royal.

Also of interest is this article that describes the HMS Invincible being decomissioned after 28 years of service. If my math is correct, that means that this ship has been in service since 1977

Flagship Invincible is decommissioned

The Royal Navy's flagship HMS Invincible is to be retired today after 28 years' service amid concerns that it will leave the senior service overstretched.

I can see why it might have been a real prize to sink the Invincible since Prince Andrew, Duke of York served as a helicopter pilot on board the HMS Invincible during the Falklands war. If you're looking for proof of someone that was on-board the Invincible the whole time and could testify to the fact that it returned to Portsmouth on 17 September 1982, look no further than Prince Andrew himself.

Source
In April 2, 1982, the British colony of the Falkland Islands was invaded by Argentina, an event that led to the Falklands War. Prince Andrew's ship, HMS Invincible was only one of two operational aircraft carriers available to the Royal Navy, and as such was to play a major role in the Royal Navy taskforce being assembled to sail south to retake the islands.

At first the British government were apprehensive of allowing Prince Andrew to remain on Invincible, and wished to move him to a desk job. The prospect of the son of the Queen being killed in action was a possibility, and the government wished to avoid such a circumstance. However, the Queen insisted that Prince Andrew remain with his ship, and so he joined the Invincible as it sailed south, as a Sea King helicopter pilot.

Source
Prince Andrew served on board HMS INVINCIBLE during the Falklands conflict. The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Anne, met the ship with other families when she returned to Portsmouth on 17 September 1982.

And finally, to wipe out any doubt of the Invincible's return to England,Here's an article in the Miami Herald from September 18, 1982. I don't see how they could have built a new carrier in time enough to sail it into Portsmouth.

Miami Herald (Full article must be purchased at newslibrary.com)
HOME FROM WAR, A "RASCAL" NO MORE
from "royal rascal" to warrior prince -- came home Friday from the war in the Falkland/Malvinas Islands aboard the aircraft carrier HMS Invincible. He got a kiss from his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, amid a tumultuous welcome at Portsmouth naval base. The 22-year-old prince, who was co-pilot of a Sea King helicopter during the undeclared war with Argentina in the South Atlantic, told reporters the campaign was...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
have you noticed how similar 55,theduck,and Arkantos all have very similar styles of writing strange that

and now you also notice how they are just repeating themselves because they have no facts or logical arguments. But there again they never had any in the first place

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Here's an interesting article about the 820 Naval Air Squadron that joined the HMS Invincible in 1982 and stayd with the ship until 1985. A pretty hard feat to do if the ship had been sunk.

820 Naval Air Squadron History
In April 1982 the Squadron embarked in HMS Invincible and sailed for the South Atlantic and the subsequent Falklands war. During the conflict the Squadron successfully flew over 4700 hours in a variety of roles. HMS Invincible spent 166 days continuously at sea during this time, a world record for continuous Carrier operations. Since its return from the South Atlantic the Squadron has been involved in exercises with ships and aircraft of other NATO countries. At the end of 1985 the Squadron ended its connection with HMS Invincible and formed part of the Air Group on board HMS Ark Royal.

Also of interest is this article that describes the HMS Invincible being decomissioned after 28 years of service. If my math is correct, that means that this ship has been in service since 1977

Flagship Invincible is decommissioned

The Royal Navy's flagship HMS Invincible is to be retired today after 28 years' service amid concerns that it will leave the senior service overstretched.

I can see why it might have been a real prize to sink the Invincible since Prince Andrew, Duke of York served as a helicopter pilot on board the HMS Invincible during the Falklands war. If you're looking for proof of someone that was on-board the Invincible the whole time and could testify to the fact that it returned to Portsmouth on 17 September 1982, look no further than Prince Andrew himself.

Source
In April 2, 1982, the British colony of the Falkland Islands was invaded by Argentina, an event that led to the Falklands War. Prince Andrew's ship, HMS Invincible was only one of two operational aircraft carriers available to the Royal Navy, and as such was to play a major role in the Royal Navy taskforce being assembled to sail south to retake the islands.

At first the British government were apprehensive of allowing Prince Andrew to remain on Invincible, and wished to move him to a desk job. The prospect of the son of the Queen being killed in action was a possibility, and the government wished to avoid such a circumstance. However, the Queen insisted that Prince Andrew remain with his ship, and so he joined the Invincible as it sailed south, as a Sea King helicopter pilot.

Source
Prince Andrew served on board HMS INVINCIBLE during the Falklands conflict. The Queen, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh and Princess Anne, met the ship with other families when she returned to Portsmouth on 17 September 1982.

And finally, to wipe out any doubt of the Invincible's return to England,Here's an article in the Miami Herald from September 18, 1982. I don't see how they could have built a new carrier in time enough to sail it into Portsmouth.

Miami Herald (Full article must be purchased at newslibrary.com)
HOME FROM WAR, A "RASCAL" NO MORE
from "royal rascal" to warrior prince -- came home Friday from the war in the Falkland/Malvinas Islands aboard the aircraft carrier HMS Invincible. He got a kiss from his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, amid a tumultuous welcome at Portsmouth naval base. The 22-year-old prince, who was co-pilot of a Sea King helicopter during the undeclared war with Argentina in the South Atlantic, told reporters the campaign was...

The Invincible didn´t return to Portsmouth.
I think my friends Irish Duck and 55heores has explained it in the pages before.

The ship in Porstmouth is Ark Royal.
They posted photos of that, because Invincible in 1982 didn´t had phalanx and you could see with it on September??!!!...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojouk
have you noticed how similar 55,theduck,and Arkantos all have very similar styles of writing strange that

and now you also notice how they are just repeating themselves because they have no facts or logical arguments. But there again they never had any in the first place

You have 33 pages of logical arguments, photos, links...

if you don´t want to see is another problem.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkantos

The Invincible didn´t return to Portsmouth.
I think my friends Irish Duck and 55heores has explained it in the pages before.

The ship in Porstmouth is Ark Royal.
They posted photos of that, because Invincible in 1982 didn´t had phalanx and you could see with it on September??!!!...

Except your friends claim the ship in portsmouth with the name `Invincible` is in fact `Illustrious` - which , as has be proven , over the last 33 pages is impossible , as Illustrious is 16 meters longer than Invincible!

So what did they do? chop 16m off the length on the way down to the south Atlantic?

And yo STILL haven`t answered my question about BA being nuked.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ark Royal.

They said Illustrious first but it was Ark Royal, read again and you will see better.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
QUOTE [ 55HEROS ] “Where the crew of the Invincible made the retrofitted of the Lusty?”

QUOTE [ ARKANTOS ] “The ship in Porstmouth is Ark Royal.”

OOOPS , BAD TROLLS

These muppets have not got a clue – how has this gone on for 33 pages ?

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join