It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Right! take a look at the link below, READ IT ALL RIGHT! because this is exactly what happened. There were 2 exocet missiles fired at the HMS Invincible right, one went astray and the other hit a cargo ship! to which I have told you about before. The Invincible never got hit, and returned home safely. OK she was fired upon, the exocet was a deadly missile, but she escaped it and never got hit. This link is the absolute truth of what really happened, and it names all of the ships and aircraft that were destroyed.

www.findarticles.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think this quote from the article you posted sums up this whole thread very well. It's the same thing I said earlier in this never-ending debate. This whole story about damaging or sinking the HMS Invincible is a matter of Argentinian pride. Did anyone else notice that the first post in this thread references an Argentinian Yahoo group as the source of information? They refuse to admit that they were out-gunned, out-classed, and out-maneuvered by the British. The result is a fairy-tale about how they sank 19 British boats, including the HMS Invincible.

...the Argentine forces continued to overestimate the damage and casualties that they had inflicted on the British forces. The Argentine high command announced, and apparently believed, that as of 25 May 1982 they had sunk or disabled 19 British ships and shot down 14 British Harriers. In fact, the British had only five ships sunk and three heavily damaged--less than half the damage the Argentinians had claimed.

Basing their logic on perception, however inaccurate, the Argentinians concluded that the Royal Navy would have to soon withdraw in the face of such attrition. (24) On 30 May 1982, the 2d Escuadrilla made its last Exocet attack on the carrier HMS Invincible, following up with a n attack by a flight of Skyhawks. Argentine forces, to this day, claim that they hit and crippled the Invincible with both the Exocet and the Skyhawks' bombs. Apparently, the Exocet was shot down by Royal Navy antiaircraft fire and the hulk of the Atlantic Conveyor was mistaken for the HMS Invincible and attacked by the Skyhawks. Despite Argentinian claims, no British damage resulted from their last Exocet attack.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by vinciR05
Right! take a look at the link below, READ IT ALL RIGHT! because this is exactly what happened. There were 2 exocet missiles fired at the HMS Invincible right, one went astray and the other hit a cargo ship! to which I have told you about before. The Invincible never got hit, and returned home safely. OK she was fired upon, the exocet was a deadly missile, but she escaped it and never got hit. This link is the absolute truth of what really happened, and it names all of the ships and aircraft that were destroyed.

www.findarticles.com...

ONLY ONE EXOCET not two, vinciR05.

*fixed name of referenced member.*

[edit on 22-9-2005 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yes only one exocet and three 500lb bombs.
Please study, before give bad opinions, guys

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If you want to know something else about the sinking of the Invincible, you can ask to Lynda, she (he or it
) served in the HMS Invincible during the Falklands War. She changed his sex after the war, because was shocked during those days of may in the Invincible.

He/she/it was the nurse of the Invincible.

She talked about 3 men who died there, and she knows lot of things about may 30 of 1982, but she has been censured in her web page, called www.hmsinvincible82.com, someone censured her.

If you don´remembered who is , here a pic...

external image

nice eh?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by TheIrishDuck]

*fixed pic size*

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishDuck
but she has been censured in her web page, called www.hmsinvincible82.com , someone censured her.

Censored? If you call forgetting to pay your hosting company censoring, then I'll buy that.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes

Yes only one exocet and three 500lb bombs.
Please study, before give bad opinions, guys

And as has been pointed out before , it takes more than that to sink a ship - the USS Stark was hit and suffered damage but wasn`t sunk , and the ship is so much smaller than a carrier

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
wats her name? Lynda Cash? just want to make sure i know which one it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
wats her name? Lynda Cash? just want to make sure i know which one it is.

yes, may be are others members of the invincible who changes her sex.

But in the pic you can see Lynda.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
An Aluminium aleacion, small cruiser carrier, never must be hit.

Principal and secondary fires (liquid gas for turbines, fuel for planes and copters, bombs and munition are a fire tramp.

Is basic in a serious Navy, a Carrier never must hit.

An aluminium micro carrier is easy to sunk, than a iron cruiser.

The HMS-Glamorgan save your life because a small SSM Missile, an Expcet MM38 (no a AM-39) never explots.

The crew of HMS-Glamorgan say "our ship is the only survivor of a exocet argentine attack in Falklands"...

Yes, they say the truth

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
why do you think there is a mystery about the death of sailer Brian Marsden the aircraftsman on Invincible . I believe he died when the ship lurched and he was killed when a vehicle used to move the aircraft crushed him no mystery!!. wHERE the hell did you get all those names of the dead gurkhas only one gurkha died in the Falklands Lance Corporal Budhaparsao Limby he died at Goose Green after the battle when he stepped on a live grenade. I heard that everytime the argies saw a gurkha they bottled it and legged it

14 SBS soldiers did not die on a helicopter on a mission to attack argie airbases 18 SAS soldiers died in a helicopter crash crossdecking in San Carlos. There was a helicopter crash in argie but all crew escaped to chile and set the aircraft on fire.

Do you not think that when Invinicble returned to Portsmouth the thousands of people (me being one of them) wouldnt have noticed that the ship was 16metres longer and that it now had phallanx guns. I went on board invincible soon a month after it returned quess wot no phallanx.

If argie had sunk invincible do u not think they would have told the worlds press why keep it secret and you say about the fact argie sunk seven ships we sunk 1(plus the sub santa fe) but didnt your navy hide like little children in your ports crying to mummy.

You sir and your alter ego are *silly. oh and btw u dont spell liar with an e very strange how you both make the same error.

*More user friendly comments

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree with "55heroes" may be he is right.

Agreeing with yourself isn't considered noble or anything ya know.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

I agree with "55heroes" may be he is right.

Agreeing with yourself isn't considered noble or anything ya know.

to lie with the photos published in the book of Ward, is noble?
To prevent that but Argentine we participate in this forum, is democracy? To eliminate my avatar of the Malvinas, is win the war?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This photo is of middle of 1983...
You had a New Illustrious (R07 Lonng Hull) ready...

But...where is the "L" in pope?

Is other phantom duplicate ship?
A multinamed Class Inservible ?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If you want to know something else about the sinking of the Invincible, you can ask to Lynda, she (he or it
) served in the HMS Invincible during the Falklands War. She changed his sex after the war, because was shocked during those days of may in the Invincible.

He/she/it was the nurse of the Invincible.

She talked about 3 men who died there, and she knows lot of things about may 30 of 1982, but she has been censured in her web page, called www.hmsinvincible82.com, someone censured her.

If you don´remembered who is , here a pic...

external image

nice eh?

[edit on 22-9-2005 by TheIrishDuck]

*fixed pic size*

Ohh sorry the photo was too big i thougth brits like that kind of girls

But seriously, you can ask her she/he/it knows too much about the attack.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Suppose, just suppose that HMS Invincible was sunk during the Falklands conflict (of course everyone with the slightest grip on reality knows that this is not the case) that would mean that the British task force would have lost about half of it's Harrier wing, leaving say ten aircraft on HMS Hermes (these figure are just a guesstimate)

That would effectively be like tying one hand behind the back of the British Task force.

Yet Britain still won....

That would make the defeat of the Argentinean forces even more humiliating, wouldn’t it... you still couldn't beat us even after we lost an entire carrier......

55heros, why don't you just stop and think about what you are trying to prove here, because all you are convincing me of is the fact that your military is more ineffective that we thought, there is no shame in being defeated by a superior armed force, but to be defeated by a task force that you have (according to you) already crippled is just humiliating...

K

[edit on 22-9-2005 by karlwb]

[edit on 22-9-2005 by karlwb]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Who is this a pic of - Your mother LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When are you going to understand that the Invincible did not sink!

Tell me! how do you explain how so many people we knew sailed back on the carrier from the Falklands and we wer there to greet them at Portsmouth, it wasn't a TUG BOAT they came home on!

The problem is, you know dam well that the Ship wasn't hit or sunk! and like - how stupid are you to try and tell us that when we already know the score. For crying out loud! I know HMS Invincible well, I know the Ship inside and out so I know that it's the same Ship! what do you think it is when I go on board - an optical illusion or something, well I can tell you, it's a bloody big optical illusion! just stop the nonsense and think of a useful topic will you.

Tell your mum thanks for the Photo

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If you think thaat there are not renames with ships into the same class of carriers, you can see in the Midway class.

The original CV 42 "Coral Sea" was renamed As Franklin D. Roosvelt

But the CV 43 is named as "Coral Sea"

In diferent moments, the Coral Sea was the CV 42 und in others was the CV 43.

Before 30/5/82 the HMS-Invincible was the R05, after retrofitted of R06, the HMS-Invincible is the R06.
--------------------------------------------------

Franklin D. Roosevelt
ex-Coral Sea
CV 42 - CVB 42 - CVA 42 - CV 42
Photos: [Roosevelt as completed], [After SCB 110 reconstruction], [After 1968 overhaul].

DANFS History

----------------------------------------------------

Coral Sea
CV 43 - CVB 43 - CVA 43 - CV 43
Photos: [Coral Sea as completed], [Coral Sea with enclosed bow], [After SCB 110A reconstruction], [In her final years of service], [Scrapping at Baltimore], [Coral Sea photo gallery].

DANFS History
----------------------------------------------------

link:
www.hazegray.org...

Muchas gracias a Miguel. Jorge y Norberto por faciltarme todo tipo de pruebas para este debate.
Realmente ustedes son unos increibles invetigadores, geniales y patriotas.
A la altura de las circunstancias, sin duda alguna.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi again.
Nice topic guys.

I was looking on the net about that pic of Hermes and Illustrious after the war.

I have seen it in a higher resolution and i can see the crew of Hermes with their bags, i think they are going to go to the other ship there is no salutation i think.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wait. First the crew of the Invincible came over to Hermes, which would have had her stuffed to the gills with people, and overflowing with Harriers, now they're going FROM the Hermes? Now is that the Invincible being evacuated or not? Will you guys get your story straight and then come back? I'm getting whiplash trying to keep up with all the changes.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join