It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
In the Royal Navy Official Page you can read:

The fifth vessel to bear the proud name. Ark Royal was built by Swan Hunters Ship Builders’ yard at Wallsend in December 1978 and launched by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. HMS Ark Royal was accepted into service on July 1 1985.

HMS Ark Royal is larger than her 2 sisters, Invincible and Illustrious, at 210 metres (683 feet) long. She has a maximum beam of 36 metres (117 feet) and a displacement of 20,000 tonnes.

4 Olympus gas turbine engines (like Concorde’s) propel the ship, which give a maximum speed in excess of 30 knots. A steeper ski jump than in the other ships of this class is fitted at the forward end of the flight deck.

HMS Ark Royal is planned to remain in active service until 2015 when the next generation of aircraft carriers will enter service.

The Ship's motto is 'Zeal Does Not Rest'

www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

I repeat:

HMS Ark Royal is larger than her 2 sisters, Invincible and Illustrious, at 210 metres (683 feet) long. She has a maximum beam of 36 metres (117 feet) and a displacement of 20,000 tonnes

Of course, this is the begin of the history:

R05 Vickers - Short: HMS Invincible
R06 Swan Hunter - Short: HMS Illustrious
R07 Swan Hunter - Long: HMS Ark Royal

But the end the History shows:

R05 Vickers - Short: HMS Invincible Sunk in Falklands 30/5/82
R06 Swan Hunter - Short: HMS Illustrious Renamed as R05 HMS Invincible
R07 Swan Hunter - Long: HMS Ark Royal Renamed as R06 HMS Illustrious
---------------------------
R08 Indeterminate buildshipper - Long hull: Renamed as R07 Ark Royal

If you have a two long hull ships, the argentine position has the thruth
And the heroes of FAA (Argentine Air Force) Enrique Ureta and Gerardo Isaac, are not a liers.
They finished the Invincible UK Carrier, in a unnecessary war.

How much more crap are you going to post on here!!!! ships renamed etc!! what you on! yes Invincible built at Vickers, still remains as the same ship! stop jerking around for crying out loud!!!!
The Ship never got hit! The Royal Navy site, I have read a thousand times over. R05 is the same ship always was and always will be.

GOT IT!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That's NOT TRUE about the length. The SAME PAGE that shows the stats for the three ships shows ALL THREE were 210 meters long. Now how is it that the same site that shows Ark Royal the longest at 210 meters, ALSO shows the entire Incincible CLASS 210 meters? The actual lengths were 194 for R 05, 210 for R 06, 210 for R 07.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In the Royal Navy Official Page you can read:

The fifth vessel to bear the proud name. Ark Royal was built by Swan Hunters Ship Builders’ yard at Wallsend in December 1978 and launched by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother. HMS Ark Royal was accepted into service on July 1 1985.

HMS Ark Royal is larger than her 2 sisters, Invincible and Illustrious, at 210 metres (683 feet) long. She has a maximum beam of 36 metres (117 feet) and a displacement of 20,000 tonnes.

4 Olympus gas turbine engines (like Concorde’s) propel the ship, which give a maximum speed in excess of 30 knots. A steeper ski jump than in the other ships of this class is fitted at the forward end of the flight deck.

HMS Ark Royal is planned to remain in active service until 2015 when the next generation of aircraft carriers will enter service.

The Ship's motto is 'Zeal Does Not Rest'

www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

I repeat:

HMS Ark Royal is larger than her 2 sisters, Invincible and Illustrious, at 210 metres (683 feet) long. She has a maximum beam of 36 metres (117 feet) and a displacement of 20,000 tonnes

Of course, this is the begin of the history:

R05 Vickers - Short: HMS Invincible
R06 Swan Hunter - Short: HMS Illustrious
R07 Swan Hunter - Long: HMS Ark Royal

But the end the History shows:

R05 Vickers - Short: HMS Invincible Sunk in Falklands 30/5/82
R06 Swan Hunter - Short: HMS Illustrious Renamed as R05 HMS Invincible
R07 Swan Hunter - Long: HMS Ark Royal Renamed as R06 HMS Illustrious
---------------------------
R08 Indeterminate buildshipper - Long hull: Renamed as R07 Ark Royal

If you have a two long hull ships, the argentine position has the thruth
And the heroes of FAA (Argentine Air Force) Enrique Ureta and Gerardo Isaac, are not a liers.
They finished the Invincible UK Carrier, in a unnecessary war.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

still only 3, always was 3 and they are R05 R06 R07

quit it!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To try and put an end to this crap, I have contacted a Invincible veteran via forum. I hope to have his reply soon and I will post it here.

i did invite him to comment on the thread, but that is at his discretion.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

If you read the stories and keep going down, you will see that someonw actually returned home on the Invincible!

So there you have it!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Where is the official web-page of the HMS-Invincible?

Or a extra-official page of honour of the HMS-Invincible?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ok 55heroes. I'm gonna do some magic here for you. Pay close attention now.

From the OFFICIAL Royal Navy page located here:
www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

Invincible Class Aircraft Carriers
Name Pennant Number
Invincible RO5
Illustrious RO6
Ark Royal RO7

CVS Statistics
Displacement: 22,000 tonnes
Length: 210m / 686ft
Beam: 36m / 118ft
Speed: 30 kts
Complement: 726 Ship's company
384 Air Group personnel
Armament: 3 x Phalanx/Goalkeeper (CIWS)
2 x 20mm Close range guns
Aircraft: A mix (depending on role) of Harrier GR7 and GR9s, Sea King AEW and Sea King and Chinook stores or troop-carrying helicopters and Merlin anti-submarine helicopters.
Propulsion:

COGAG (Combined Gas and Gas), 2 Shafts

4 x Gas Turbines producing 72MW

Now that's for the CVS CLASS now. That means ALL THREE SHIPS are officially listed at 210 meters according to the Royal Navy.

Now here's the magic part for you.

HMS Invincible R 05
Displacement: 20,600 tons
Length: 194 m
Beam: 36 m
Draught: 7.5 m
Propulsion: Four Rolls-Royce Olympus TM3B gas turbines providing 97,000 hp (75 MW)
Speed: 28 knots (52 km/h), 18 knots (33 km/h) cruising
Range: 7,000 miles at 18 knots (11,000 km at 33 km/h)
Complement: 685 crew, 366 Aircrew
Armament:
Aircraft: Sea Harrier fighter/bomber "jump jets", Sea King helicopters
www.answers.com...

HMS Illustrious R 06
Length: 210 metres
Beam: 36 metres
Draught: 7.5 metres
Propulsion: Four Rolls-Royce Olympus TM3B gas turbines, 2 Shafts, 72 MW
Speed: 28 knots
Range: 5,000 miles at 18 knots (8,000 km at 33 km/h)
Complement: 685 crew, 366 Fleet Air Arm
Armament: Three Phalanx/ Goalkeeper; two 20mm close-range guns
Aircraft: Sea Harrier FA.2 fighter/bombers, Harrier GR.7, Sea King helicopters, and Merlin aircraft.
Motto: Vox Non Incerta
www.answers.com...

HMS Ark Royal R 07
Length: 210 metres
Beam: 36 metres
Draught: 7.5 metres
Propulsion: Four Rolls-Royce Olympus TM3B gas turbines
Speed: 28+ knots
Range: 5000 miles at 18 knots
Complement: 685 crew, 366 Fleet Air Arm
Armament: Three Mark 15 Phalanx CIWS,

Two GAM-B01 20mm guns
Aircraft: Sea Harrier fighter/bomber "jump jets", Sea King helicopters
Motto: Zeal Does Not Rest
www.answers.com...

Magic huh? The Royal Navy site lists all three at 210 meters, but everywhere else lists them at 194, 210, and 210. Now WHERE DID THE 16 METERS GO? Notice also that they actually displace 600 tons more than the official RN statistics show.

And here's the official site for HMS Invincible
www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

[edit on 9/22/2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Where is the official web-page of the HMS-Invincible?

Or a extra-official page of honour of the HMS-Invincible?

right here! this is the official website!

www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

by the way! I will be going on board soon and there is nothing fake about that.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This Royal Navy´s Page say:

Welcome to HMS Invincible's Web-site. On behalf of the Commanding Officer, Officers and Crew, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to “Hit” our Web-Site and hope that you find the information contained interesting, informative and most importantly provides the answers to all your questions.

The present Invincible, is the sixth ship of the Royal Navy to bear the name and the first of the Invincible Class of Anti-Submarine Warfare Carriers, was laid down at the Barrow-in-Furness yard of Vickers Shipbuilders Limited in July 1973 and was launched by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II on 3 May 1977.

On 30 Sep 2003, HMS Invincible assumed the role of "R2" Carrier and Fleet Flagship, ready to deploy anywhere in the world at 48 hours notice in support of UK Government Foreign Policy

Short, very short.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
And...

The present Invincible, which is the sixth ship of the Royal Navy to bear the name and the first of the Invincible Class of Anti-Submarine Warfare Carriers, was laid down at the Barrow-in-Furness yard of Vickers Shipbuilders Limited in July 1973 and was launched by Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II on 3 May 1977. She served with distinction in the Falklands Campaign in 1982, in the Adriatic Operation ‘DENY FLIGHT’ between 1993 and 1995 and in the bombing campaign ‘DELIBERATE FORCE’ in Bosnia in 1995. More recently, in 1998 and 1999, her FA2 Sea Harriers flew air combat patrols to enforce the No-Fly Zone over Southern Iraq during Operation ‘BOLTON’. This was followed by a short notice Operational deployment to the Balkans to take part in Operation ‘ALLIED FORCE’ where, once again, the FA2 Sea Harriers provided protection for NATO air forces whilst her helicopters supported the aid programme to refugees during the height of the Crisis.

All the Photos are off the New Invincible (ex R06) in the latest refit...
Why ?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Ohh, now I can undestand to Paul Silverstone (you know, in spanish the order of adjetives, substantives and verbs is diferent than in english)

Paul say, this is the original ship than was named Illustrious, but is the ship to go to replace to a R05...

Ok, Paul, sorry form my poor english.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by 55heroes]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All the photo's are of the Invincible, I wish you would stop saying the New one, because there is no new Invincible. I know for a fact that there is only one. All the Aircraft Carriers are the same on their website on the Royal Navy pages. There has only ever been 3 ships built of Invincible class!
HMS Invincible
HMS Illustrious
HMS Ark Royal

No more!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You obviously did not have a look at the website I posted on the Falklands War, someone from HMS Sheffield had to return home on HMS Invincible, now how the hell did they do that if she has sunk ???????????
Because she never and she was never hit! of course she was fired at, all of them were, but she sailed home from the Falklands in one piece, I knew someone who was on her and so they wouldn't have returned on the Ship??? but they were on the Invincible from start to finish during the Falklands, so I know for sure that she was never hit or sunk!!!

This is just propostuous and it never happened. You only have to know someone that was on her to no this for sure, but believe me she never SUNK!!!!! it's ludicrous all this stupid information that you keep on giving on this topic.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here is the oroginal sequence of launched of the real Invincible in 1977
It has the supports to the lifeward boats, in its launched (Lusty, no)

Thank´s to Miguel, Jorge and Norberto, to give me, more evidence

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinciR05
news.bbc.co.uk...

If you read the stories and keep going down, you will see that someonw actually returned home on the Invincible!

So there you have it!

Yeah, but without photos...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"Yeah, but without photos..."

You hypocrite - we've been asking for photos of the attacks for ages and you've singularly failed to provide them.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Photos and Films of the attack are in british hands.
Sunk was in the night.
I don´t know if in Royal Navy there was infrared film, to take the collapse in the night.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ohh, now I can undestand to Paul Silverstone (you know, in spanish the order of adjetives, substantives and verbs is diferent than in english)

Paul say, this is the original ship than was named Illustrious, but is the ship to go to replace to a R05...

Ok, Paul, sorry form my poor english.

All he has done here, is put a picture of the Illustrious but with the wrong Number that's all. He made a mistake for crying out loud!

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Mr Stumason said:

To try and put an end to this crap, I have contacted a Invincible veteran via forum. I hope to have his reply soon and I will post it here.

Wonderfull my friend!
Tell him if he can give us the original list of the total crew of the Invincible in the Falklandas war.

We only know to Lynda Cash, Jeremy Black and Lier Ward.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join