HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker

Originally posted by 55heroes

Originally posted by Mindwalker
What utter rubbish !!!

This is a picture taken in October of 2002 ( quite a few days after the Falklands War ) of Illustrious entering Rosyth Dockyard for a refit, Invincible is in the background.





The war was on 1982, not in 2002.
You are wrong.


My father
was serving on board a Royal Navy frigate during the Falklands war, its role was a picket ship, part of the battle group which included HMS Invincible...................................................as for the dates, well obviously my sarcasm went over your head !




so?
that photo shows nothing, that´s not Invincible 1982, i have photos that prove Invincible did not reutrn to Portsmouth in 1982.




posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here a link of the attack to the aircraft carrier:

elmalvinense.s5.com...



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
so?
that photo shows nothing, that´s not Invincible 1982, i have photos that prove Invincible did not reutrn to Portsmouth in 1982.


They why don't you post them here so that we can see them.

This seems to me like a ploy for points. I feel dirty that I am giving this guy points by responding to him.



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
How does one build a 20,000 ton aircraft carrier "in secret?"
Cover it up with an 800 foot tarp and hope nobody notices?

It takes thousands of people to build a major warship, how does one keep them all silent?


Get the US to build it...



But seriously, this story is just comical!
Its nearly as bad as the whole Titanic/Olympic switch story!


Mic



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree with "55heroes" may be he is right.

I have studied this for years and i have lot of material too, i can give you some of them.

After studying about the attack to Invincible i still waiting for someone who tell or answer me this questions:


- There isn´t any registry of aerial activity from that aircraft carrier, from that date (may 30)...

- Nobody knows where it was the Invincible from the May 30 to July ends, which enter the disguised Illustrious like Invincible in Port Stanley.

- Nobody can explain why the aircraft carrier do not touch land on June 14 (when the others ships, all the others including Hermes touched port Stanley or returned to England.

- It is virtually impossible and irrational that the repairs have become to opened sea, with temperatures below cero and a few hours of light.

- Nobody can´t explain why the second aircraft carrier entered disarmed, if it was the Illustrious it was operative from half-full of June.

- Nobody can´t explain why HMS Illustrious returned immediately to UK from Falklands (obviously to be finished and to be armed).

-Why the HMS Invincible that left to the Falklands had the black tower, and when it arrived in September it had it of gray color? repainted?? may be but i think is another ship, becasue Invincible didn´t had phalanx and the ships who arrives to Porstmouth as Invincible had phalanx.


Regards



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee

Originally posted by xmotex
How does one build a 20,000 ton aircraft carrier "in secret?"
Cover it up with an 800 foot tarp and hope nobody notices?

It takes thousands of people to build a major warship, how does one keep them all silent?


Get the US to build it...



But seriously, this story is just comical!
Its nearly as bad as the whole Titanic/Olympic switch story!


Mic


Mmmm, you may be right

May be the new Invincible was built in Litton Ingalls 1982 - 1984.
l



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There are two separate issues here: was Invincible hit? and was she sunk?

I don't find it particularly hard to believe that she was hit, and that the UK covered it up. There have been persistent reports to this effect since 1982.

On the other hand, the idea that a 20,000 ton aircraft carrier went down, and that this (and the loss of how many crewmen?) was somehow covered up, and a replacement built in secrecy, seems to me rather absurd.

Not to mention, one Exocet and 3 250kg bombs does not seem like enough firepower to take out a 20,000 ton carrier - a 2,500 ton frigate, sure.

[edit on 9/1/05 by xmotex]



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The R08, the new Invincible was built in Litton Ingalls after the Tarawa class The Peleliu and before the first Wasp

www.hazegray.org...

www.hazegray.org...

www.hazegray.org...-cl

May someone can tell me what Litton Ingalls did betwen 1980 - 1985.

A new Invincible??? yes, but shhh. don´t tell anyone.




posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I posted earlier mentioning leaving a voice mail for my dad, because if the invincible sank i wouldnt be here. lol

hes home now and had a nice look thru this guys site.

Hes still laughing. lol

he said reminded him of a young brazilian kid he knew from playing delta force a few years back who would swear blind the brazilians joined sides with the agrentinas and fought alongside them in the falklands, including capturing various members of british special forces and even 1 vulcan bomber.. and another shot down

These are his words not mine" what do anyone think would of happened if the flagship of the navy had been sunk, with mad maggie at the helm?, Buenos Aires meets vulcan bombers"



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
There are two separate issues here: was Invincible hit? and was she sunk?

I don't find it particularly hard to believe that she was hit, and that the UK covered it up. There have been persistent reports to this effect since 1982.

On the other hand, the idea that a 20,000 ton aircraft carrier went down, and that this (and the loss of how many crewmen?) was somehow covered up, and a replacement built in secrecy, seems to me rather absurd.

Not to mention, one Exocet and 3 250kg bombs does not seem like enough firepower to take out a 20,000 ton carrier - a 2,500 ton frigate, sure.
[edit on 9/1/05 by xmotex]


The crewmen??
may be this photo can answer your question.

[img=http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6192/hmshermesandhmsillustrious1 982.th.jpg]

Hermes and Illustrious together.
Hermes is with too many people because they will be transfered to the new ship and go to Porstmouth.

The Illustrious had phalanx Invincible 82 not.
And if you search in the oficial history you will see that Hermes and Illustrious didn´t meet in 1982, but this photo show you the truth.



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
How do you explain the carriers homecoming on about the 17th September, was a national event watched live on television, lots of Invincible sailor families on the dockside etc... the last great ship to return from the war ... I have pictures in a book


"Invincible" had to await the arrival of newly-commissioned sister ship "Illustrious" carrying a reformed No.809 Sea Harrier squadron and the first early airborne warning Sea Kings. Reaching the Falklands on the 27th August after leaving Portsmouth on 2nd August, and after a day's vertrep, "Invincible" is at last able to head north on the 28th accompanied by "Bristol" and later RFA "Olna", arriving at Portsmouth on the 17th September to be met by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. After 166 days at sea, "Invincible" claims the record for the longest continuous carrier operations ever. Naval History



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye
How do you explain the carriers homecoming on about the 17th September, was a national event watched live on television, lots of Invincible sailor families on the dockside etc... the last great ship to return from the war ... I have pictures in a book


"Invincible" had to await the arrival of newly-commissioned sister ship "Illustrious" carrying a reformed No.809 Sea Harrier squadron and the first early airborne warning Sea Kings. Reaching the Falklands on the 27th August after leaving Portsmouth on 2nd August, and after a day's vertrep, "Invincible" is at last able to head north on the 28th accompanied by "Bristol" and later RFA "Olna", arriving at Portsmouth on the 17th September to be met by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. After 166 days at sea, "Invincible" claims the record for the longest continuous carrier operations ever. Naval History


Here the Illustrious as Invincible on september 17 1982

img348.imageshack.us...


As you can see it has phalanx (but the were covered), and Invincible didn´t.
And the color of the tower is different.
That Illustrious I studied lot of photos.

You said me Ilustrious left Porsmouth on August 2, so how can you explain me this photo?:
img33.imageshack.us...


Remember the oficial history says Hermes and Illustrious didn´t meet because Illustrious was on UK on august.


The true is Illustrious left UK on june 4 and met Hermes and the crewmen of the lost Invincible pass to the new ship, Illustrious.
www.sciencedaily.com...




[edit on 1-9-2005 by TheIrishDuck]



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
Remember there is a secret of 90 years about Falkands War when the secret of the WW2 was only of 30 years.


What are you on about the Falklands war was 23 years ago not 90... however the Battle of the falklands was a WWI naval battle between UK and Germany that involved the battlecruiser HMS Invincible in 1914 now that was 91 years ago, though despite being hit 22 times there was no loss of life, the 2 german battlercruisers were sunk. This invincible was sunk during the battle of jutland in 1916

Maybe you guys are getting your history really warped



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No wonder they lost, their intelligence is still screwed up after 20 years.

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that the news crews were all based aboard HMS Invincible.

This is all getting silly, but it gives me an idea for another thread.........



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
No wonder they lost, their intelligence is still screwed up after 20 years.

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that the news crews were all based aboard HMS Invincible.

This is all getting silly, but it gives me an idea for another thread.........



Argentina lost but sunk the Invincible and UK had done the rubish of the century.

I had show you !!!
And i have more, but first answer this or you can´t?



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye

Originally posted by 55heroes
Remember there is a secret of 90 years about Falkands War when the secret of the WW2 was only of 30 years.


What are you on about the Falklands war was 23 years ago not 90... however the Battle of the falklands was a WWI naval battle between UK and Germany that involved the battlecruiser HMS Invincible in 1914 now that was 91 years ago, though despite being hit 22 times there was no loss of life, the 2 german battlercruisers were sunk. This invincible was sunk during the battle of jutland in 1916

Maybe you guys are getting your history really warped



And Popeye??? what´s up?

You tell me something that you read in a book and i prove it´s a fake, nothing to say?

Why Hermes is with Illustrious??
Your book and your link is a fake.



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...


In the next few years, the Sea Harrier is to be retired, with the three squadrons that use the type being disbanded between early 2004 and 2006. After that, RAF Harriers will make up all of the fixed wing aircraft that operate on board the ships. Officially, Invincible will decommission in 2010, Illustrious in 2012, and Ark Royal in 2015, as two new, much larger aircraft carriers are introduced into service to replace the ships. Invincible has been mothballed in 2005 (available for reactivation on notice), and rumors continue that one of the ships upon decommissioning will be converted into a full LPH to complement HMS Ocean in that role. The future Royal Navy carriers and are due to enter service coincident with the decommissioning of Illustrious and Ark Royal and are expected to displace around 60,000 tonnes each - three times the displacement of the Invincible class.

Whatever the truth of those rumours, it is undisputed that the ships have given fine service to the Royal Navy during their careers. Invincible played a large part in winning the largest naval war since WWII, and they have kept Royal Navy fixed wing aviation alive through a very lean period.


how do u decommision a sunken ship?


www.royal-navy.mod.uk...

o yeah here is the official website fo the ship as well.










The sixth and current HMS Invincible (R05) is a light aircraft carrier, the lead ship of three in her class.

She was built at Barrow-in-Furness by Vickers Shipbuilding and Engineering. She was laid down in 1973, and launched on 3 May 1977. The ship commissioned on July 11, 1980, and joined the older carriers Hermes and Bulwark in service. After 25 years of service she sailed into Portsmouth Naval Base for the last time on 1 August 2005 [1]. HMS Illustrious succeeded Invincible as the service's flagship.

On July 6, 2005 the Ministry of Defence announced that HMS Invincible would be mothballed until 2010, available for reactivation on 3-months notice. On August 1, 2005 she sailed into Portsmouth for the last time to be decommissioned on August 3, 2005.

See HMS Invincible for other ships of the same name.




en.wikipedia.org...(R05)


[edit on 1-9-2005 by deltaboy]



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
en.wikipedia.org...


In the next few years, the Sea Harrier is to be retired, with the three squadrons that use the type being disbanded between early 2004 and 2006. After that, RAF Harriers will make up all of the fixed wing aircraft that operate on board the ships. Officially, Invincible will decommission in 2010, Illustrious in 2012, and Ark Royal in 2015, as two new, much larger aircraft carriers are introduced into service to replace the ships. Invincible has been mothballed in 2005 (available for reactivation on notice), and rumors continue that one of the ships upon decommissioning will be converted into a full LPH to complement HMS Ocean in that role. The future Royal Navy carriers and are due to enter service coincident with the decommissioning of Illustrious and Ark Royal and are expected to displace around 60,000 tonnes each - three times the displacement of the Invincible class.

Whatever the truth of those rumours, it is undisputed that the ships have given fine service to the Royal Navy during their careers. Invincible played a large part in winning the largest naval war since WWII, and they have kept Royal Navy fixed wing aviation alive through a very lean period.


how do u decommision a sunken sink?


www.royal-navy.mod.uk...



So?

have you read my others posts?

How do you explain?


Today is easy show a carrier that s similiar to Invincible but not in 1983 or 1982, i have photos and i can prove it as you can see.


Regards



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishDuck
The Illustrious had phalanx Invincible 82 not.


u say somthing about Invincible not having a phalanx?




u can scroll to the bottom where is says in German about Invincible with the phalanx or CIWS as it says.

link

link



posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That top photo is a Dutch Goalkeeper system equipped with the 7 barrelled GAU-8A of the A-10A.

Far superior to even Phalanx 1B in my opinion.





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join