It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

HMS Invincible sunk in 1982

page: 10
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I'm still waiting for an explanation how two shipyards already operating at peak capacity were able to somehow build an aircraft carrier in secret in less than two years, without ANYONE noticing, and STILL managing to keep to their building schedules with the hulls already being built. Not only did they build them in less than two years, but they built them without having built any ship EVER of an even remotely similar design, so they had no experience building that type of ship. If you can explain THAT to me and prove it, then I'll believe you.



Illustrious was made in two years. 80 - 82.

Experiences? british engineers could go to USA and help americans to do.
Keep that in secret is easy.

This forum is about secrets?? well here is another.




posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Which of the two shipyards that were operating at maximum capacity already was it built at? How were the thousands of shipyard workers kept quiet? How was the money kept hidden? You're dreaming if you think that you could keep something like that hidden.


M6D

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Can people get banned for sheer ignorance and totally ignorning other arguments posed?
because we've got a bloody ignorant troll here, who seems to love ignoring other arguments, his answer for the shipyards in america building an invincible? pathetic, id like to see pictures of that if you would, evidence at the least, area 51, top secret, goverment deny its existance, theyre pictures of it, and area 51 is in a SECLUDED CLASIFIED area, please tell me how you can hide a god damn ship been built in a BUILT UP POPULATED ship building area and yet no photos are taken?!

irishduck, your nothing more then a liar, living in your own pathetic fantasy.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
About the possible sale of the HMS Invincible to India in the 2004 the following information was published. Then if the HMS Invincible sky ramp have 7 degrees, the present HMS Invincible is not the original R05.

The ski ramp can be changed, it was done before.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A carrier has the fire fighting capability of a small city , so fires can be controlled

And it takes more than 1 ASCM and 3 bombs to sink a carrier , unless it hit the atomic charges and they went off (yeah ok)


oh , i`ve spoken to someone i know who was a medic in 1982 in the south atlantic , and he laughed when i told him 1) invincable had been sunk (he served in most areas as a combat medic) and he also confims that it was 255 troops that died - many wounded (he says it smelt like a carnal house on some days in the tents) , he also remembers that about *750 argies* , most at the battle for goose green



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Which of the two shipyards that were operating at maximum capacity already was it built at? How were the thousands of shipyard workers kept quiet? How was the money kept hidden? You're dreaming if you think that you could keep something like that hidden.



There are lot of things UK keep in secret and we don´t know, and this could be possible.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
Can people get banned for sheer ignorance and totally ignorning other arguments posed?
because we've got a bloody ignorant troll here, who seems to love ignoring other arguments, his answer for the shipyards in america building an invincible? pathetic, id like to see pictures of that if you would, evidence at the least, area 51, top secret, goverment deny its existance, theyre pictures of it, and area 51 is in a SECLUDED CLASIFIED area, please tell me how you can hide a god damn ship been built in a BUILT UP POPULATED ship building area and yet no photos are taken?!

irishduck, your nothing more then a liar, living in your own pathetic fantasy.



Can people get banned for insult other members? and don´t know about the topic but still posting?



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 55heroes
this is a promotional photo of R06 and R07 at the ending of 1982.
Anyway the phalanx system is easy to install or to disassemble.


The real R05 HMS Invincible had black towers and never ever had phalanx.


make questions more difficult.!!!


HMS Invincible being resuppled post war...
So this has black towers yet it is not invincible.
BTW I still want to know what happened to the crew...the UK couldnt just simply "buy another" , it takes years to build. Hell the type 45 took 2 years to build...and thats 57.6 metres shorter!



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by 55heroes
this is a promotional photo of R06 and R07 at the ending of 1982.
Anyway the phalanx system is easy to install or to disassemble.


The real R05 HMS Invincible had black towers and never ever had phalanx.


make questions more difficult.!!!


HMS Invincible being resuppled post war...
So this has black towers yet it is not invincible.
BTW I still want to know what happened to the crew...the UK couldnt just simply "buy another" , it takes years to build. Hell the type 45 took 2 years to build...and thats 57.6 metres shorter!



That photograph is from 1985, they had built the new ship.

You have to post pictures from 1982 - 1983, that will be interesting.

Illustrious was built in less than 2 years.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You have yet to explain how the Ark Royal was completed three years ahead of schedule. Or did the Illustrious pretend to be all three ships?



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You have yet to explain how the Ark Royal was completed three years ahead of schedule. Or did the Illustrious pretend to be all three ships?


That must have been it.....or maybe we had no Aircraft Carriers at all (well...technically, these aren't carriers anyway....) and they were all fishing trawlers with really big cardboard cutouts stuck on top....

Come on people, why are you feeding this troll?

He is like the (now banned) AthieX who just would not listen to reason and still babbled his nutty rubbish!

What of the 800 crew + Airmen who would have served aboard the Invincible? You honestly think that the RN would;

1)Actually want to cover up the loss and risk losing serious intergrity when the story broke? Invincible was the ship carrying the reporters also and do you think they would miss a scoop like this?

and 2) actually be able to EVEN if they wanted too?

Don't be silly.

Mods...this thread should be closed, seriously. There is nothing to be gained from it whatsoever...



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You have yet to explain how the Ark Royal was completed three years ahead of schedule. Or did the Illustrious pretend to be all three ships?



Ark Royal was finished in 1985 is in the oficial history.


USA built the four ship in secret, so UK had time to do the Ark Royal in 1985.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Zaphod58
You have yet to explain how the Ark Royal was completed three years ahead of schedule. Or did the Illustrious pretend to be all three ships?


That must have been it.....or maybe we had no Aircraft Carriers at all (well...technically, these aren't carriers anyway....) and they were all fishing trawlers with really big cardboard cutouts stuck on top....

Come on people, why are you feeding this troll?

He is like the (now banned) AthieX who just would not listen to reason and still babbled his nutty rubbish!

What of the 800 crew + Airmen who would have served aboard the Invincible? You honestly think that the RN would;

1)Actually want to cover up the loss and risk losing serious intergrity when the story broke? Invincible was the ship carrying the reporters also and do you think they would miss a scoop like this?

and 2) actually be able to EVEN if they wanted too?

Don't be silly.

Mods...this thread should be closed, seriously. There is nothing to be gained from it whatsoever...



Hooo yeah because you can´t accept it was sunk the mods have to censured the topic, come on...

The same happenned with HMS Dasher.

Read is not a crime.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Did you say that the Invincible had Phalanx fitted AFTER the War?



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Illustrios was not.
en.wikipedia.org...(R06)

She was was laid down at Swan Hunter on the River Tyne in 1976, and launched in 1981





[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Did you say that the Invincible had Phalanx fitted AFTER the War?



Is not Invincible so your question is answer too easy, is not Invincible as you could see in the photos.

You should accept it was sunk.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   


She was was laid down at Swan Hunter on the River Tyne in 1976, and launched in 1981


She wasn't even commissioned until 1982! So that is 7 years from the laying down to actual service.....And he wants us to believe they did it in two years...right then...



posted by TheIrishDuck
Is not Invincible so your question is answer too easy, is not Invincible as you could see in the photos.


I want you to say it. Say the Invincible has Phalanx....go on, I dare you.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason



She was was laid down at Swan Hunter on the River Tyne in 1976, and launched in 1981


She wasn't even commissioned until 1982! So that is 7 years from the laying down to actual service.....And he wants us to believe they did it in two years...right then...



posted by TheIrishDuck
Is not Invincible so your question is answer too easy, is not Invincible as you could see in the photos.


I want you to say it. Say the Invincible has Phalanx....go on, I dare you.


Invincible r05 never had phalanx.

So you can´t explain the photos.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by TheIrishDuck]



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishDuck
Hooo yeah because you can´t accept it was sunk the mods have to censured the topic, come on...

The same happenned with HMS Dasher.

Read is not a crime.

The dasher happened during ww2, back in the day when we hid the death tolls, we dont anymore.



posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
You have still to comment on how they done 7 yeras work in 2 years...
I'm waiting for an answer..




top topics



 
0
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join