It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little question among equipment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Since I decided to join the Dutch Marines a couple of months ago I thought
about our main gun (Diemaco C7, scoped). I wonder if anyone here can tell
me if it's more reliable then its original (M16) or does it jam just as often as it.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

here is some info u can look into. if u scroll to the botton it tells more. but its a variant that works specifically for each armed forces like Canada, etc. the SAS uses so its pretty much a reliable weapon as long as u clean it as most modern armies are trained to do. it still aint no AK.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
never had probs and it dont need much cleaning either

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Looks like a modified M4A1 without the M203 optional attachment, which requires little cleaning [as compared to the older M-16A1s and A2s] depending on environment.
PJs use them [M4A1/M203s], among other spec op units for the US.

seekerof

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Actually, it IS an M16, built under license from Colt, by Diemaco in Canada.

As such, all standard M16 PMCS must be performed on a regular basis. Reliability of the M16 platform is such, that many of the worlds elite forces, that have access to any weapon system they desire, use an M16 variant.

Your M95/96 is different in that the rear sight uses but 2 positions, and the selector goes from Semi to Full Auto...no 3 round burst option.

Seeker, the C8 is the M4 equivelent.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Army]

M6D

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Put it simply, clean it and maintain it as it should be, and you shouldnt have any issues, misuse your weapon, forget to clean it, of course its going to fail you.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
so with all the preferance for clearingin and maintaining the weapons, how does it perform in wet or weather.. for that matter how bad is it if you drop it in some mud?

M6D

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
depends what way you drop it in mud :p ive heard of an M16 once exploding because sand got in to the barrel fouling it, just a tiny ammount of sand fouling it, however, ive also heard of M16's been dropped in mud, picked up and fired again, depends on circumstances and where it gets i guess.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The C7 is excellent weapon. Dropping it in mud may is bad, no matter what the weapon, clean out the barrel and keep going. It perfoms well in any weather. I believe there are around 20 very small differences between the C7 and the M16, so essentially the same weapon. In the years I carried one I only had 4 stoppages. I didnt like the scope a whole lot though, the reticle pattern is just an arrow, and it would get knocked out of adjustment too easily.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
rather than asking " internet experts " i would just get on with things - EVERYTHING you need to know about your weapon will be explained to you by the instructors at the depot you train at .

they will repeat it untill they are 101% convinced that you have understood it to thier satisfaction

IMHO there is nothing else you need to know

good luck when you report for duty

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
rather than asking " internet experts " i would just get on with things - EVERYTHING you need to know about your weapon will be explained to you by the instructors at the depot you train at .

they will repeat it untill they are 101% convinced that you have understood it to thier satisfaction

IMHO there is nothing else you need to know

good luck when you report for duty

Thanks man!
But I was just asking, maybe someone here fired the C7 and has some info on it. Just curios nothing more...

M6D

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Its easily understandable mate, what with a C7 being basically identical from a M14 or M16 it would be just as easy to ask bout M16's or M14's owned really!

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Having used the C7 since the Canadian forces first introduced it I have to say it's just your basic run of the mill semi modern assault rifle. THere aren't mant stoppages and the ones you have are generally easy to clear. When they first put the scope on there were problems with the scope mount which caused it to un-zero when knocked about. That's fixed. The Canadian forces now use theirs with M203's and lasers (with NVG's). The scope is a trade-off. It won't increase your accuracy if your a reasonably good shot in fact it can decreace it because it's so wide angle. It also tends to give people 'tunnel vision' because they're constantly looking through the scope. What it does do, though, is assist people who are not very good shots. Their accuracy goes way up. There wer lots of very minor changes made to the rifle from the original M16. As far as comparing it to something like an Ak47, you can't. Ak's are great weapons for armies with little training and money. An AK is more robust in a physical sense but it will wear out way quicker than the C7 as far as rifling and moving parts. I transitioned from the C1 (FN FAL) and had mixed feelings. I missed the power and robustness of the C1 but I liked the relative light weight and volume of fire in the C7.
Basically it's a decent usable rifle. What's more important is the guy that's holding it.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Diemaco web-site

Caliber: 5.56x45 mm NATO (.223Rem)
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt
Overall length: 1020 mm
Barrel length: 510 mm
Weigth: empty, 3.3 kg; loaded, 3.9 kg
Magazine capacity: 30 rds

The C7 rifle is a slightly modified copy of the Colt M16A2 assault rifle, licence-built by Diemaco company of Canada.
The C7 rifle, along with C7A1 flat-top, scoped rifle and C8 carbine, is adopted by Canadian Forces, and is in service since 1984. It is also adopted by Danish and Netherlands armed forces.

Like the M16A2, the C7 is a direct gas operated weapon, but it has full-auto and single-shot modes instead of the original three-round burst and single-shot modes of the M16A2. Other differences are simplified two-position aperture rear sight with only two settings. Barrel is crome-lined and rifled for SS109 (5.56mm NATO) ammunition. The C7 and C8 are issued with black polymer 30 rounds box magazines but also can accept any M16-compatible magaines.

The C7A1 (Diemaco's proprietary name C7FT, or Flat-top) is a C7 rifle that has carrying handle with iron sights removed, and the picatinny-weaver mount installed on the top of the receiver. C7A1 is issued to the Canadian troops with X3.4 Elcan optical sight.

The C8 carbine is the equivalent of the US M4 carbine - shorter barreled version of C7 with telescopic buttstock. C8 is adopted by Canadian Gendarmerie. Flat-top version of the C8 is available for foreign customers, as well as some other modifications, such as heavy barreled versions, Light Support Weapon wersions etc.

Both C7 and C8 can be equipped with Diemaco-made version of the M203 40mm underbarrel grenade launcher.

top topics

join