It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

firefights, freedom of speech, and nasty people

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
why is the faith forem so full of fire fights between reiligous and non-reilgous?
everyone is rude, no-body accepts anothers opinon, everyone picks holes in everything...one comes here to talk about reigon and one gets greeted by the everlasting insults thrown around... y'no, why can't we all get along?

everything turns into "god says this" or "god does not exist you are stupid"
...huh? is not this freedom of speech?

its the same everywhere now. people just throwing insults around and arguing over nothing. and then you get people who are not willing to change topics, so they go around every thead and turn it into god vs anercists...
or on the pts its all commies vs caps. can we please just have a place where we can share points of view without the social standing aspect coming in dening people the right to listen and learn?

ATS is becoming yet ANOTHER place on the internet where people go to score points off each other-litraly.

bugger this. iam off to igorance denied. i'll return when people are nicer.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey BlueSky - chill out. :shk:

Just think like me and thank God you're an Atheist!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Stand by while I copy/paste to Word, hit the spell check, hope I choose the word that was intended by the author and make some sense of this.

Blue, of all forums on any of the three domains of this website, would you expect there'd be forum worse than Religion?

Please. Other than one's dog and one's pickup, there is nothing more sacred than one's beliefs. Of course it get's heated.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Hey BlueSky - chill out. :shk:

Just think like me and thank God you're an Atheist!

iam no atheist!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Blue-Sky :shk: out, will you. My God, that went straight over your head. I am sorry if you took offence but HEY it was aJOKE!

BTW, I simply have to take you to task.

What's wrong with a good firefight?

Have you never been in that position once the lead and grenades have stopped flying and felt so alive?

Have you never smelt the stench of cordite gently blowing on the breeze?

Have you never heard the stunning silence after a gun battle?

Then, and only then, can you thank your God that you're an atheist! JOKE!

[edit on 4-9-2005 by fritz]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Blue-Sky :shk: out, will you. My God, that went straight over your head. I am sorry if you took offence but HEY it was aJOKE!
[edit on 4-9-2005 by fritz]

hence the '
' i did not take offence.

as for the alive bit, its true. but what i am saying is that there is a time and a place, ATS is that time and place, but sometimes you just want a normal thead dicusuing things in a normal way; insead you always get hijacked by either god-lovers or god-haters, depending on what your saying.

new topics

top topics

join