It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visit to Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I am finally getting another chance to go back to Nevada next month. I will of course do the obvious and visit Rachel and say hello to the cammo dudes. But I was wandering if there was anything else out there you can all suggest I go take a look at.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If possible try to have a look at a few of the other installations while you're at like S-4. Not sure if you can spot those from outside the property. But while you're out there try to find a few spots were you can see Groom Lake from outside the property.

Don't forget to take pictures. I've always wanted to go there. Hmmm........ ROADTRIP!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Don't forget to grab a beer at the Little A'Le'Inn - www.littlealeinn.com...

A picture in front of the ExtraTerrestrial Highway sign would be a cool souvenir.

Unless you fancy some hardcore backpacking you won't see much...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yeah, good point on backpacking.

I've heard that if you're pretty adventerous and don't mind a little bit of hiking that theres a point that offers an excellent view of Groom Lake. But sadly I think the Air Force or some other goverment organization bought out most of the best spots. So apparently with some hiking you can see some decent stuff legally, but the best stuff involves trespassing. Just so you know I'd discourage that.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Make sure to pack an RC helicopter!

Yeah, i've heard theres lots of camo dudes in the local cafes. Try and make conversation if you can, lol.

And the hard-core backpacking will be worth it

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Can you AP please say yes... If so AP your ass in there!!! Ive never been In NM so ive really never had the chance my self but good luck!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
just passing through and seen this tread......

if you do anything illegal, pull one on the government if u are caught

denye denye denye

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well, don't go past the border, that's a 3 thousand dollar fine; even more. One guy went over it with his girlfriend so that they could do a U-Turn and the cammo dudes came down and arrested them. They both had to pay a 3 thousand dollar fine and got banned from going near the border again.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Take the time to visit Base Camp (an auxiliary airfield for Area 51) on Highway 6. If you drive north into Hot Creek Valley, you can visit Ground Zero for the Project FAULTLESS nuclear test (a 1-megaton underground shot). Also, maybe visit one of the Tonopah Test Range viewpoints.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Camp out overnight so you can see if ther is anything in the sky

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just so you know, don't get too excited. Seing as the whole world knows about the place they've probably moved the good stuff elsewhere. Still, not a bad place to visit I'll bet.

I figure even if you can't get a good look at the base or aircraft, check out the security. Thats right, ask the camodudes to pose for a picture with you. That would be awesome if you could do that, just think of the avatar possiblities.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Have a nice trip, and at least take a photo of you and the Blak Mailbox, if its still even there...

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Take the time to visit Base Camp (an auxiliary airfield for Area 51) on Highway 6. If you drive north into Hot Creek Valley, you can visit Ground Zero for the Project FAULTLESS nuclear test (a 1-megaton underground shot). Also, maybe visit one of the Tonopah Test Range viewpoints.

This sounds like a great idea. I'd better get another memory card, because i can see me taking a lot of pictures

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Just so you know, don't get too excited. Seing as the whole world knows about the place they've probably moved the good stuff elsewhere. Still, not a bad place to visit I'll bet.

I figure even if you can't get a good look at the base or aircraft, check out the security. Thats right, ask the camodudes to pose for a picture with you. That would be awesome if you could do that, just think of the avatar possiblities.

Thats an easy one...Edinburgh, Australia !

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband

Does that mean the flying saucers are spinning counter-clockwise?

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

lolzzz
good call ufia.
haha.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I suggest you take a video camera and try and get some good footage at the most and maybe post it on here for us to see heh.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia

EXACTLY!!!! But keep it quiet, its supposed to be a secret

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ihave just got back from my little trip. I will be psoting the pictures I got of the minivan that passed me coming out of area 51 while i was taking the usual photo's of the border signs, I also have some picures of the drilling work thats taking place on the dirt road approach. This is just before you get to the White (black really) mailbox entrance.

top topics

join