It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do alien abduct Black people?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
never heard of any story of a black person being abducted.

Maybe the alien are racist?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No, they seem to prefer lone, inebriated white guys who live in square states.

Only kidding, I have no idea, but I'd be interested to know.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
thats interesting... now you mention it everybody who ive seen on tv say they were abducted were white... never seen asian, black.. ect ect

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The most famous (first?) abduction story came from Betty and Barney Hill. Barney was a black man.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
ohhh... well ive been educated...thanks..

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
As african americans are a minority in the U.S., you will read a minority of abduction reports coming from them.

Also, seemingly a majority of the white populace that seems to be abducted are from very rural areas. Most african americans are concentrated in larger cities. Rural areas would be prime pickings for alien abductions since there would be fewer people to witness the event.

[Edited on 2-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsworld
never heard of any story of a black person being abducted.

Maybe the alien are racist?

Barney Hill was black (of the Betty & Barney Hill abduction case)

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
The most famous (first?) abduction story came from Betty and Barney Hill. Barney was a black man.

I was just about to mention that. You lot obviously haven't looked up on your abduction history.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The truth!

A long time ago in the time of the clan rallys and slavery, A group of Blacks and indians including my tribe gathered together. here's a transcript of that sacred and secret meeting.

"The whites have gone too far!"
"indeed, they are stealing our land"
"We're in chains, and when we aren't the crazy crackers dress up as ghosts and run around and burn #."
"What are we going to do?"
"I have an idea!"
"Let's wait till they're good and drunk, shine a light on them, cloroform them, take them to a secret meeting spot, and stick funny things in thier asses!"
"yeah!"

and so the "lost time" and "abductions" began.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Im surprised Colonel hasnt shown up on this thread yet...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
For crying out loud, forget Barney Hill....like he's the only black person to have ever reported an abduction.

If you don't think aliens abduct black people you need to do some research. I've seen quite a few alien abductees that are black on various TV programs and read about them in books. Watch TLC and the history channel, they're always showing programs about UFOs!

Did you ever think that blacks might be less likely to talk about these weird things happening to them, and less likely to seek Abduction researchers? Members of all races have had this experience. People from all walks of life. I hate it when people act like only hicks from the boondocks report being abducted. If anything those would be the least likely people to believe in extraterrestrial/interdimensional life. The majority of abduction reports come from smackdab in the middle of major metropolitan areas.

Off topic, but it kind pisses me off that when someone asks a valid question about UFOs, the people that answer are usual skeptics who make fun of the subject. When someone posts a UFO topic (detailed, not general), why don't people who believe in the validity of the phenomenon discuss the topic and the people who think UFOs are something a crazy people make up or whatever stay the heck out of it?

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The abduction special on the sci fi channel had a black guy in it...

www.scifi.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Off topic, but it kind pisses me off that when someone asks a valid question about UFOs, the people that answer are usual skeptics who make fun of the subject. When someone posts a UFO topic (detailed, not general), why don't people who believe in the validity of the phenomenon discuss the topic and the people who think UFOs are something a crazy people make up or whatever stay the heck out of it?

I agree with you flinx

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Does entire African village dissapearance ring a bell.

Think outside the box my friend.

Abductions happen in other places other than the good ol' US of A.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
while I don't think there actual statistics of alien abduction rates by race (and if there are, I doubt the figures are terribly reliable). although from ancedotal evidence, I'm sure alien abduction cuts across all categories.

on another note, talking about black alien abductees reminded of this site I saw a while back called "The Temple of the Infidel" or some such, and it chronicled the paranormal experiences of an African American guy from New York City. it was badly designed, but some of the experiences he recounted were absolutely haunting. anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find this site on google anywhere, and I'm kind of curious what's happened to this guy.

edit: Found! galileo.spaceports.com... the site is the epitome of awful web design, complete with stupid midi playing in the background, but it's got some great stuff in there.

[Edited on 9/3/2003 by MorningtonCrescent]

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
12% of te population?! I mean REALLY! Think about it! 12% of the population is of African American decent. Take that number and geometrically REDUCE by the percent of the total population ever abducted and you have your answer...

That coupled with "Red Neck" factor and you have worksble numbers!~

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This thread also makes the assumption that aliens are abducting people. Claims from The Disclosure Project's Dr. Steven Greer is that abductions for the most part are facilitated by the military pretending to be aliens to induce fear about aliens.

I have no doubt that people are being abducted, but I don't know if its actually by extraterrestrials.

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

on another note, talking about black alien abductees reminded of this site I saw a while back called "The Temple of the Infidel" or some such, and it chronicled the paranormal experiences of an African American guy from New York City. it was badly designed, but some of the experiences he recounted were absolutely haunting. anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find this site on google anywhere, and I'm kind of curious what's happened to this guy.

Now this sounds interesting, never heard this one, was he African-American

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Now this sounds interesting, never heard this one, was he African-American

Foxstriker, he was black, it says so in the short statement,

on another note, talking about black alien abductees reminded of this site I saw a while back called "The Temple of the Infidel" or some such, and it chronicled the paranormal experiences of an "African American guy from New York City". it was badly designed, but some of the experiences he recounted were absolutely haunting. anyone know what I'm talking about? I can't seem to find this site on google anywhere, and I'm kind of curious what's happened to this guy.

Im sure Aliens would abduct All sorts of races.
I think being a minority its tough enough, now telling the world that your a minority and have been abducted might be even a bit harder.
Deep

posted on Sep, 2 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
"12% of te population?! I mean REALLY! Think about it! 12% of the population is of African American decent. Take that number and geometrically REDUCE by the percent of the total population ever abducted and you have your answer... "

Really good point! And to take it a step further, you could take that final number and divide it by the number of people who actually REPORT their experiences or know that anything has happened.

I mean...I doubt that if I had an experience like alien abduction I'd be extremely reluctant to tell anyone besides my parents and closests friends. If even them....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join