It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Energy Technology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Free yayo for everyone. Anybody remember that song by Cypress Hill?

Well, do you have any links to these generators which you speak of? And what exactly are your college credentials?

XL5

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Yayo, I would calculate how much wattage the pendulum would make on the down swing and how much wattage is needed to get an electomagnet to extend its flux that far out, so it grabs the pendulum and pulls it up. Electormagnets are stronger then permanent magnets of the same weight but the flux does not reach as far and will need a permalloy cone to direct the flux. It may be alot more simple to get a couple of brushless motors and reduce the magnetic cogging in both, then gear them 1.2:1 and spin them and hope

You could get funding for finding thinner dielectrics with a much higher "K" to use in super capacitors and maybe a way to grow carbon nano tubes inside other carbon nano tubes. Then let the dielectric fill the gaps between the two tubes. You could get rid of alot of toxic batteries that way.

Or find some alloy of bismuth and other elements that can "switch" magnetic flux at room temp and switch at a 1 degree change of temp..

Chem, I knew about those two facts about ozone, ( I read the MSDS). When I said it could be directly injected, I mean't it wouldn't escape. Maybe a less flamable/costly gas could be used with O3 if the end products are not as harmfull.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
To sdrummrunner:

Yayo is not a word, how can you say it means what you say it means? My use of the word is not in reference to an illegal drug.

No their hasnt been any advancement in aerospace, bio, or nanotechnologies. What breakthroughs in these genres do we see in everyday life? I dont see them. Id appreciate a response to this because im interested. I may concede nanotechnology, because if it existed would I even see it anyways?

If you read my post, I said I had family that are Jewish. I dont apprecaite that. I was making reference to a book about a jewish conspiracy, and this is a conspiracy website. Just because I called them a Jew doesnt constitute a slander, it is their religion.

I said it would cost me 200$ to build the "cartoon". I said it would cost me thousands to build the idea I am pitching to NASA through the SBIR program. So either your trying to troll, or you just didnt take the time to read my thread. I will guess your too busy humping and chastizing then you are focusing. I dont know, im not a PHD.

I didnt actually mean I didnt like working with other people, I said for the sake of argument I would say that I didnt. That way I could say you have your own bias against working in groups, and I had my own about working alone or remotely. I said it in spite.

I would say that the person knew alot more about the solicitation process then I do too. But that doesnt mean I respect his wisdom for comments like "Any proposal for a perpetual motion generator would be laughed at and denied". It will operate for longer then we will be able to test, so if I call it a perpetual electricity generator there is a reason. Because in theory it could last perpetually. Even if it was drawing its energy from a source of energy it wasnt creating.

If its not my planet is it your planet? Noone can have an opinion? Your the one chastizing me, I had never said anything to you personally before you started to spout off at the mouth trying to validate your opinion with me. There are dozens of opinions, if I had to listen to them all I would die in my computer chair. I am not sure what you are trying to get at in your posts?

Did the buzzer sound in NSA basement saying YaYo's going to release his math formula for his gravity generator, Yipee lets send our mathmetician. We will steal more technology to preserve our way of life! humping for progression will never die!

Your dissapointed now that you got here, I havent posted my math to justify why it would work and your just getting antsy. Its ok I understand.

And btw I have no problems with humping for progression, but I do have problems with getting flak from people who havent even shown they know anything they say they know. If your a math major, lay out the formula for a pendulum of whatever dimensions you want. Include friction, potential, kinetic energy of the pendulum swing. Then add in the magnetic forces within the magnets. Then quantify it together. Then figure out how much power will be generated by the motion of the pendulum. Then figure out how much electricity it would take to sustain the pendulum's swing by creating electromagnets of the magnets. Then present your conclusion as to wether it could operate perpetually.

So whats worse? Me or you? I would say im better off since I presented the idea to begin with, you have presented nothing to this thread. Besides your whining anticipation expecting to be spoonfed.

[edit on 5-9-2005 by YaYo]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Yayo, I would calculate how much wattage the pendulum would make on the down swing and how much wattage is needed to get an electomagnet to extend its flux that far out, so it grabs the pendulum and pulls it up. Electormagnets are stronger then permanent magnets of the same weight but the flux does not reach as far and will need a permalloy cone to direct the flux. It may be alot more simple to get a couple of brushless motors and reduce the magnetic cogging in both, then gear them 1.2:1 and spin them and hope

You dont pull it up far, just when the pendulum swings up to the magnets. At that time the electromagnet and the pendulum are very close.

Then you add electric current to the electromagnet.

And then the electromagnet atracts the pendulum and negates any loss of force in the pendulums swing.

You could get funding for finding thinner dielectrics with a much higher "K" to use in super capacitors and maybe a way to grow carbon nano tubes inside other carbon nano tubes. Then let the dielectric fill the gaps between the two tubes. You could get rid of alot of toxic batteries that way.

Or find some alloy of bismuth and other elements that can "switch" magnetic flux at room temp and switch at a 1 degree change of temp..

Chem, I knew about those two facts about ozone, ( I read the MSDS). When I said it could be directly injected, I mean't it wouldn't escape. Maybe a less flamable/costly gas could be used with O3 if the end products are not as harmfull.

Battery technology isnt that important. The only reason I included batteries was to be able to store any extra electricity that may be generated. You could just pump the electricity from the generator directly into the electromagnets. But maybe set up a mechanism to control how much electricity, too much might make the pendulum get stuck on the magnets.

XL5

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
When the pendulum is falling and powering the generator, gravity then momentum lose just after it reaches the bottom and starts comming back up. If it doesn't because the pendulum is far too heavy and just suppose it did work, you would need 500LBs for 100 watts, then why not just get big freznel lenses and closed loop steam engines.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
When the pendulum is falling and powering the generator, gravity then momentum lose just after it reaches the bottom and starts comming back up. If it doesn't because the pendulum is far too heavy and just suppose it did work, you would need 500LBs for 100 watts, then why not just get big freznel lenses and closed loop steam engines.

When the pendulum reaches the bottom and starts coming back up and loses energy, this is where the magnets come into play. When the pendulum is at the highest point in its swing, the electromagnets would be there to keep the pendulum at that same height everytime it swings up.

A 500 pound swinging pendulum would produce 100 watts? Just wondering where you are getting that from. I would say that isnt accurate. 100 watts isnt much.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by YaYo

Originally posted by XL5

When the pendulum reaches the bottom and starts coming back up and loses energy, this is where the magnets come into play. When the pendulum is at the highest point in its swing, the electromagnets would be there to keep the pendulum at that same height everytime it swings up.

A 500 pound swinging pendulum would produce 100 watts? Just wondering where you are getting that from. I would say that isnt accurate. 100 watts isnt much.

YOu still haven't shown us the math that will allow you to power these electromagnets forever while stil obtaining energy. Do you even know how many watts will be obtained in a single hour?

XL5

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Any magnet used to keep the pendulum going is also not going to allow the pendulum back down again.

You could use a DC motor with a pendulum on it and just use an H bridge of mosfets to kick the pendulum in either direction.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Obviously a couple of threads back yayo you didn understand me :p

--magnetic material over 1 gauss resonance (after being magnetised by hysteresis loop ((look this one up, too long to explain) :p) using magnetic flux (a kind of magnetic force.. look up :p) within a solenoid (coil of electroconductive material) :p ---

,these aligned atoms in a so called domain have the same atomic spin.
This causes a net magnetic flux in a ferromagnetic material caused by the uneven spin of electrons travelling through space. As everything contains electrons this flow interactz with all other materials either dielectomagnetic or paramagnetic or some other exotic magnetypes to an extent.

Heres my point - while these domains are switched and distorted to repel materials, some (not all) change direction and expel energy in the process

THEREFORE
--------------

cannot be used practically in any perpetual motion devices!

hehe :p

soz

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Any magnet used to keep the pendulum going is also not going to allow the pendulum back down again.

You could use a DC motor with a pendulum on it and just use an H bridge of mosfets to kick the pendulum in either direction.

The magnet would not be strong enough, gravity would be greater. The magnet would only be strong enough to catch the pendulums kinetic energy as it swung up and replenish the lost energy a normal pendulum loses.

Maybe a DC Motor would work instead, but magnets have their weird forces of attracting and repulsing, and force = energy. So magnets might be more efficient in creating perpetual motion. Since motion requires force.

It would be best to try and build it because you could experiment with it first hand and see what works and what may not work.

L_iam : I am going to put you on my ignore list if you continue in this thread. knowingly posting false information is against the forum rules. I cant understand are you preaching or debating? Because if you are preaching then you need to present your facts and follow the forum rules. If your debating then I just dont see your points worth debating. I know how magnets work, if you are saying "this is how magnets work so this means motion can never be created with magnets", because I think we all know that you can create motion with magnets. So maybe you should show a little more proof on why you think the motion that is created with magnets can never be used to create perpetual motion, since I dont see anything but you preaching with no proof. And I dont think you understand the idea, I understand magnets by themselves dont last forever (I dont think), that is why the concept has the pendulum being swung to create electricity, then that electricity is used to replenish the lost energy in the magnets and at the same time replenishing the force in the pendulum swing.

SFC

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yayo, translation; cocain.

And it shows.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFC
Yayo, translation; cocain.

And it shows.

DICTIONARY DEFINITION OF YAYO

YaYo isnt a word. Just because some people have adopted it to mean coc aine does not mean that is what it means.

I guess it shows that your post was wrong.

XL5

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Any magnet strong enough to keep a pendulum in motion will attach to it and stick. It would be better to put magnets in the pendulum and magnets on the outside that are turned 180 Deg. by solenoids to attract/repell the pendulum.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Magnets are all not the same strength. You can have a magnet that is just strong enough to attract the pendulum with a certain force so as to make it not stick.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I hope he did not get banned over his conduct in this thread? Anyways....

I took part in this thread and it has some interesting links concerning this topic.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I recently found this and it Dr Bearden sums it up for a senate commision. His work is last on the page so keep scrolling unless your ready for some serious reading.

Stellar

MBF

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

YOu still haven't shown us the math that will allow you to power these electromagnets forever while stil obtaining energy. Do you even know how many watts will be obtained in a single hour?

Math hell!!! I wonder if he even knows what a watt is!!! I think he has stuck his tounge to too many wires.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join