It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Energy Technology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can build it on my own but it would cost me thousands of dollars. And I dont have thousands of dollars and 500+ hours of labor available in the short term.

Which is why NASA has the SBIR program.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thousand of dollars to build? This device will never generate more than a few watts before it needs to be restarted. For the most part it sounds like my idea, though not perpetual: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have always wondered if Foucault's pendulum could act as ameans of obtaining electricity by converting the energy of the pendulum, which is powered by the movement of the earth, into electricity. Though if this were at all possible, which it seems unlikely, it still sounds very ineffecient. I don't know, I think I am just talking out my ass.

You didn't just steal my idea and attach electromagents to it?
j/k

How many megawatts will this device provide during the course of the day? How powerful are the 'electromagnets' and how much power from the device do they consume? If there is an increase in the electromagnets power, at what point would the magnets have to stop gaining power in order to allow the pendulum to still swing and what shuts this off?

What makes your pendulum swing in the first place?

EDIT: It looks like a uterus.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
the device that has a diagram replies back or whatever will not work eternally because:

The magnetic resonance in the ferromagnetic material decreases every time a magnetic force is applied to the domains in taht material. Thats where energy is expelled - as kinetic energy to alternate and distort domains.

thought I would clear up any sort of magnetic perpetual motion idea :p

Soz

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
If their interest is in fuel cells then ask them what the by-product of using hydrogen and O3 in a fuel cell is. Also ask if using O3 in car engines is more or less harmfull then using just air. O3 is ozone and can be made very easily and can be directly injected into fuel cells/engines so that its not openly released.

Ozone is also:
a) poisonous
b) explosive in the condensed phase.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YaYo
What makes NASA qualified to say im not qualified?

How about a staff of Ph.D. scientists specifically trained in physics, chemistry, electrodynamics, thermodynamics, and engineering?

NASA isnt superhuman. And looking at the state of our Military, our space program, and our nations energy, I would say they arent any smarter then I am. I wouldnt waste my time if they were. I was born a human being as far as I knew, which makes me potentially equally or far more intelligent then they are.

There are literally hundreds, perhaps thousands, of scientists at NASA. Each of which was also born human - each is "potentially equally or far more intelligent than" you are. The problems at NASA can be laid squarely at the door of management, not the technical staff. The technical staff at NASA would undoubtedly be the one reviewing your proposal.

You dont need to be a corporation to pitch an idea to NASA. As long as you own a business. And anyone can start a business, including an individual. Goto google and search the NASA SBIR program and read about it. Sure there are alot of hoops you have to jump through, but it isnt impossible.

I've administered or managed SBIR programs for two different government agencies. Most solicitations generate dozens of proposals. If the topic is broad enough, you will get hundreds of proposals. Only a handful will be accepted & funded. Nearly all of the scientists I know and work with are fully able to discern crap from cream quite well, usually within the first few paragraphs. Claims of "free energy" and other physics-defying concepts are summarily rejected. Remember, the govt. is required to review your proposal. That doesn't mean they have to read it thorougly or understand it. They also don't have to prove that your concept is wrong. The burden of proof is on you. If they say so, then it is so. Too bad, so sad. You can request an exit interview where they *might* give you a copy of the review(s). If so, they aren't likely to say anything much beyond "this is crap".

Nonetheless, crap sometimes gets funded. If a crap proposal gets funded, it is not unusual for one of the Ph.D. staff members to become the program manager for the work and then extract their pound of flesh from the contractor at the kickoff meeting and nitpick every detail of every report in retribution for wasting time and money. Anyone who has ever been to a Ph.D. oral defense knows what that can be like.
The other great thing about SBIR is that you also have to know what you are doing as a businessperson in order to get contracted. If you are just some flake who wants the government to give you a check for $100k without a detailed statement of work, you will never get past the government contracting officers. Say you get a Phase I contract. You now have some money and about a year to do what you contracted to do. You have to write monthly progress reports. You have to write a final report. If you fail to deliver, you risk having the plug pulled on you. You have to convince one of the technical staff to champion your work when it comes time to down-select for Phase II. You will have to compete against a bunch of really smart folks who work for companies that know how to run a small business.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_iam
the device that has a diagram replies back or whatever will not work eternally because:

The magnetic resonance in the ferromagnetic material decreases every time a magnetic force is applied to the domains in taht material. Thats where energy is expelled - as kinetic energy to alternate and distort domains.

Soz

That would also be a point for using electromagnets. To replenish the lost magnetic force in the material. And to also strengthen it just enough to a point that is is attracting the pendulum ball to a point where the pendulum ball makes up loast kinetic energy on its swing back up.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by l_iam

Soz

That would also be a point for using electromagnets. To replenish the lost magnetic force in the material. And to also strengthen it just enough to a point that is is attracting the pendulum ball to a point where the pendulum ball makes up loast kinetic energy on its swing back up.

Electromagnets contain ferromagnetic cores.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Thousand of dollars to build? This device will never generate more than a few watts before it needs to be restarted. For the most part it sounds like my idea, though not perpetual: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have always wondered if Foucault's pendulum could act as ameans of obtaining electricity by converting the energy of the pendulum, which is powered by the movement of the earth, into electricity. Though if this were at all possible, which it seems unlikely, it still sounds very ineffecient. I don't know, I think I am just talking out my ass.

You didn't just steal my idea and attach electromagents to it?
j/k

How many megawatts will this device provide during the course of the day? How powerful are the 'electromagnets' and how much power from the device do they consume? If there is an increase in the electromagnets power, at what point would the magnets have to stop gaining power in order to allow the pendulum to still swing and what shuts this off?

What makes your pendulum swing in the first place?

EDIT: It looks like a uterus.

Im not sure it would ever stop. Maybe in millions of years when the materials corrode and break down. Or at the time that it mechanically failed, which it could be repaired and restarted. This is the whole idea of a perpetual machine. Electromagnets never "stop being magnetic" because you can "remagnetize them" with electricity.

Yes this design would probably be inneficient. IT would just to be to prove the theoery that pereptual electricity is possible. It wouldnt be able to power your house unless you had a 30 foot high pendulum in your backyard, but honestly I would rather have one then pay the electric company .

I didnt steal your idea, I have never seen your idea.

Electromagnets are alot more powerful then regular rare earth magnets. That all depends on how much electricity you put into them. The more electricity = the stronger they are. AS fa as how many megawatts this would produce, I have no idea. That depends on the specific idea, some generators produce more then others. Some magnets are more efficient. And some dimesniosn and weights may give better results in the total system as far as electricity generated.

I dont know exactly how much power would needed to be added to make the pendulum keep swinging. An experiment needs to be conducted or the math investigated. If the pendulum were made out of its own electromagnet then that may increase the efficiency.

THe pendulum would start swinging by human intrvention. With the amount of food we Americans eat each day, it makes more sense to expend our own energy to get the pendulum swinging then it would be to use a battery or other electric starter. WE arent that lazy are we?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser

How about a staff of Ph.D. scientists specifically trained in physics, chemistry, electrodynamics, thermodynamics, and engineering?

NASA isnt superhuman. And looking at the state of our Military, our space program, and our nations energy, I would say they arent any smarter then I am. I wouldnt waste my time if they were. I was born a human being as far as I knew, which makes me potentially equally or far more intelligent then they are.

There are literally hundreds, perhaps thousands, of scientists at NASA. Each of which was also born human - each is "potentially equally or far more intelligent than" you are. The problems at NASA can be laid squarely at the door of management, not the technical staff. The technical staff at NASA would undoubtedly be the one reviewing your proposal.

You dont need to be a corporation to pitch an idea to NASA. As long as you own a business. And anyone can start a business, including an individual. Goto google and search the NASA SBIR program and read about it. Sure there are alot of hoops you have to jump through, but it isnt impossible.

I've administered or managed SBIR programs for two different government agencies. Most solicitations generate dozens of proposals. If the topic is broad enough, you will get hundreds of proposals. Only a handful will be accepted & funded. Nearly all of the scientists I know and work with are fully able to discern crap from cream quite well, usually within the first few paragraphs. Claims of "free energy" and other physics-defying concepts are summarily rejected. Remember, the govt. is required to review your proposal. That doesn't mean they have to read it thorougly or understand it. They also don't have to prove that your concept is wrong. The burden of proof is on you. If they say so, then it is so. Too bad, so sad. You can request an exit interview where they *might* give you a copy of the review(s). If so, they aren't likely to say anything much beyond "this is crap".

Nonetheless, crap sometimes gets funded. If a crap proposal gets funded, it is not unusual for one of the Ph.D. staff members to become the program manager for the work and then extract their pound of flesh from the contractor at the kickoff meeting and nitpick every detail of every report in retribution for wasting time and money. Anyone who has ever been to a Ph.D. oral defense knows what that can be like.
The other great thing about SBIR is that you also have to know what you are doing as a businessperson in order to get contracted. If you are just some flake who wants the government to give you a check for $100k without a detailed statement of work, you will never get past the government contracting officers. Say you get a Phase I contract. You now have some money and about a year to do what you contracted to do. You have to write monthly progress reports. You have to write a final report. If you fail to deliver, you risk having the plug pulled on you. You have to convince one of the technical staff to champion your work when it comes time to down-select for Phase II. You will have to compete against a bunch of really smart folks who work for companies that know how to run a small business.

That is nice, I respect that they all are college disciplined research experts. That doesnt give you innovation or intuition.

I would say NASA's problems are from their technical staff, not their management. Management didnt build the tiles on the space shuttle. Management didnt come up with the design of the space station that falls apart. Management didnt design the space shuttle. Managament didnt come up with the rockets that require 5% of the Earth's natural resources to launch into orbit.

I understand the competitiveness in the SBIR program. And I know that they are very strict on administration and accounting. But honestly I wasnt asking for $100,000. I am an individual who started a business for the SBIR specifically. How hard can accounting be? Lol really managing taxes isnt hard. And neither is writing progress reports, or the final report itself.

If they deny my proposal there is not much I can do, there is no real appeals process. I wouldnt of submitted my idea if I didnt think they would accept it, and especially if I didnt think the research would mean a damn. I think the research has merit, it can be done, and that I am as capable as anyone to do it. Yes it is for them to decide and for me to request a review of why they didnt accept my proposal. Either case, if im accepted or not I am not going to hold a gripe. It isnt me that loses out, its the planet and the country.

And honestly you cant prove "free energy" devices dont work. If NASA denied the proposal on the simple fact that they thought free energy was impossible because of the physics they beleive in, I would dishone them as scientists. They are conformed into beleiving their "laws" of physics as being the holy grail. When I prove them wrong they will hopefully not make the mistake in the future, which is hurting the country's progress scientifically.

There are tons and tons of "laws of physics" that have been proven wrong before, and it wont be the last.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by YaYo]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser

That is nice, I respect that they all are college disciplined research experts. That doesnt give you innovation or intuition.

I would say NASA's problems are from their technical staff, not their management. Management didnt build the tiles on the space shuttle. Management didnt come up with the design of the space station that falls apart. Management didnt design the space shuttle. Managament didnt come up with the rockets that require 5% of the Earth's natural resources to launch into orbit.

I understand the competitiveness in the SBIR program. And I know that they are very strict on administration and accounting. But honestly I wasnt asking for $100,000. I am an individual who started a business for the SBIR specifically. How hard can accounting be? Lol really managing taxes isnt hard. And neither is writing progress reports, or the final report itself.

If they deny my proposal there is not much I can do, there is no real appeals process. I wouldnt of submitted my idea if I didnt think they would accept it, and especially if I didnt think the research would mean a damn. I think the research has merit, it can be done, and that I am as capable as anyone to do it. Yes it is for them to decide and for me to request a review of why they didnt accept my proposal. Either case, if im accepted or not I am not going to hold a gripe. It isnt me that loses out, its the planet and the country.

And honestly you cant prove "free energy" devices dont work. If NASA denied the proposal on the simple fact that they thought free energy was impossible because of the physics they beleive in, I would dishone them as scientists. They are conformed into beleiving their "laws" of physics as being the holy grail. When I prove them wrong they will hopefully not make the mistake in the future, which is hurting the country's progress scientifically.

There are tons and tons of "laws of physics" that have been proven wrong before, and it wont be the last.

But management did say that according to the EPA the materials they use to place the tiles on the space shuttle can no longer be used. We never had problems such as this until management told the engineers what to do.

Can you name the tons of laws of physics which have been proven wrong?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Aristotle believed that when something was dropped from the same height, a heavier object would fall to the ground faster than a lighter object. This idea was proven wrong more than 1000 years later when it was shown that, all objects, regardless of mass, fall to the ground with the same acceleration.

But a perpetual motion device doesnt necessarily have to break the laws of thermodynamics. THe enrgy is coming from somewhere, it is not "creating energy" that wasnt there.

It should be called "a generator that produces electricity for a long long long time without burning fuel or using sunlight".

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I tried to be subtle before - your statement above demonstrates to me that you don't really understand what it takes to get a Ph.D. in a hard science. In general, if you can't demonstrate innovation or intuition in your research, you're history. You state repeatedly that you are qualified to evaluate the merit of your idea. Prove it. Have you published your work in a peer-reviewed journal? Do you have a transcript from an undergraduate or graduate university showing courses one would expect from a qualified scientist? Do you have reference letters from recognized experts vouching for your qualifications?

LOL. You've never been audited by a DCMA accountant, have you? In your business, how much are you going to pay yourself? How did you arrive at that number? Do you have documentation to prove that your salary is commensurate with your abilities? Do you have a lab facility? Where is it? Does it comply with all federal, state, and local regulations that govern such facilities? What is the cost of this facility? What equipment will you use to measure the performance of your system? Has it been calibrated? When? By whom? Will you have to purchase any equipment? Do you have 3 price quotes? Oh, by the way, any capitol equipment purchased under the contract belongs to the government when the contract is over. What is your schedule? What are your milestones? It's not just "managing taxes". You must have an established accounting system that transparently shows how you spend money and how you will get from start to finish in detail..

You know what else we unimaginative, incompetent, dogmatic, narrow-minded conformist government scientists look for in proposals? Proper grammar, spelling, that kind of thing.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Lol if PHD's were so innovative in getting their PHD's, our science would be farther along then it is. PHD's arent solving the world's energy needs. They arent coming out with technology that we benefit from everyday on a cinsistant basis. I mean where is my persona; home electricity generator that I dont have to fuel or refill? So sorry, I just dont think PHD's are as smart as you say they are.

Again for the sake of argument, what undergraduate or graduate course can you not learn from reading a book? And why must you publish something in a peer reviewed journal to earn respect? Thats what it is about right? Respect? I dont have to earn respect, I demand it. And on principal I stand by that.

If it was so hard to manage a SBIR contract then the SBIR program would be a huge failure. The PHD's arent really that smart to handle the accounting involved (based on their scientific achievements).

I usually dont proofread my posts, I just write and submit. And I dont check my punctuation and grammar. We have to be an English major all of a sudden to know math, engineering, and physics. Lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Lol if PHD's were so innovative in getting their PHD's, our science would be farther along then it is. PHD's arent solving the world's energy needs. They arent coming out with technology that we benefit from everyday on a cinsistant basis. I mean where is my persona; home electricity generator that I dont have to fuel or refill? So sorry, I just dont think PHD's are as smart as you say they are.

Again for the sake of argument, what undergraduate or graduate course can you not learn from reading a book? And why must you publish something in a peer reviewed journal to earn respect? Thats what it is about right? Respect? I dont have to earn respect, I demand it. And on principal I stand by that.

If it was so hard to manage a SBIR contract then the SBIR program would be a huge failure. The PHD's arent really that smart to handle the accounting involved (based on their scientific achievements).

I usually dont proofread my posts, I just write and submit. And I dont check my punctuation and grammar. We have to be an English major all of a sudden to know math, engineering, and physics. Lol.

You are dreaming about home generators. Exactly what level and fields of college/university education have you achieved?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Dreaming? Lol. What if I told you I know at least a dozen ways to build one. But you will try discrediting me saying "I have no proof, why dont you build one".

I will because I understand where you come from, I just dont understand your ignorance to the science itself.

Even the idea I posted here would work. It would harness power from gravity. As long as gravity remains constant here on Earth, this idea would work.

And how much do you think that would cost to build? Maybe 200$. You think I cant afford 200$? Lol. How about I start tommorrow and we can turn this into an ATS research project and I will get it working?

The idea I have for NASA is alot more complex and would produce alot more power and not be dependant on gravity or forces that may only be present in Earth or its atmosphere..

[edit on 5-9-2005 by YaYo]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Lol if PHD's were so innovative in getting their PHD's, our science would be farther along then it is. PHD's arent solving the world's energy needs. They arent coming out with technology that we benefit from everyday on a cinsistant basis. [edit on 4-9-2005 by YaYo]

What happened to your erroneous assertion that modern science hasn't produced anything "we benefit from" on a daily basis, "in the last 10 years, except the computer?" LOL... Apparently, you don't simply "write and submit" as you claim below... you also edit. However, I guess that you selectively edit your mistakes, as your editing is anything but "cinsistent."

Originally posted by YaYoAgain for the sake of argument, what undergraduate or graduate course can you not learn from reading a book? And why must you publish something in a peer reviewed journal to earn respect? Thats what it is about right? Respect? I dont have to earn respect, I demand it. And on principal I stand by that.

As a degreed mathematician, I will be the first to admit that possession of a college degree does not necessarily equate to the possession of an equitable amount of intelligence. However, I will also be the first to attest that there is plenty you learn outside the covers of a texbook. Yes, there are rare exceptions, but then Good Will Hunting would know the difference between "principle" and "principal," wouldn't he? Of course, seeing the lack of respect you show for everyone here who has earned a college degree in the sciences, I'm guessing the beginning of the school year will probably find you standing on your "principal," just as you state. I hope they have nice, shiny new textbooks for you in continuation school so you can continue to impress us with your wealth of... wealth of... wait a second... that's right -- after reading three pages of your drivel, I just remembered... I'm not imrpessed.

Originally posted by YaYoIf it was so hard to manage a SBIR contract then the SBIR program would be a huge failure. The PHD's arent really that smart to handle the accounting involved (based on their scientific achievements).

Actually, if is was half as simple as you mistakingly believe, then it would be a complete failure... The government would be kicking down the dolla to every fool who makes esoteric claims without providing the first bit of science to back it up... Were you not asked to provide the equations for review? Oh wait... that's right... you don't do peer reviews, do you?

Originally posted by YaYoI usually dont proofread my posts, I just write and submit. And I dont check my punctuation and grammar. We have to be an English major all of a sudden to know math, engineering, and physics. Lol.

No, but it helps to actually know math, engineering, and physics... And yes -- it helps to develop your English skills so you can present yourself in a matter that doesn't destroy any level of credibility you might otherwise have... something you have pretty much lost in my eyes.

And you know something? I believe we will find ways to exploit ZPE in the future, as I believe the sum total of the knowledge we collectively possess as a species pales in comparison with that we are yet to learn...

But you have yet to learn something else: that intelligence does not equate to a proportional lack of ignorance. And no, you don't demand respect... you earn it. You'll most likely figure this out by your mid-twenties. And you start by dropping the "YaYo" referrence from your name -- how the hell have the mods let you get away with that one for three pages?

[edit on 5-9-2005 by sdrumrunner]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I first started using YaYo in a computer game. It doesnt mean what you think it means. It is not an illicit drug, and it is not a famous rapper who is in jail. I dont do illegal drugs and I dont like rap.

There is nothing wrong with going to college. I just dont personally approve of people who say that college graduates are more prepared then a person who spent 4 years conducting experiments, computer programming, and studying math in his basement.

You can get experience and practice in the real world just like you can in college.

And I would say your a hypocrite for asking for a peer review, you havent presented your own. You are saying "You do all the work and pass it on so I can have something I couldnt do myself". In some form thats exactly what your saying. And like I said I dont need your respect.

In my opinion I would say that the tens of thousands of graduate students who enter into the workforce every year dissapear. Are they all having brain drain or what? Where is all the innovative technologies? I know what happened, THEY ARENT THAT SMART. We rely on gasoline to get around, we rely on the electric companies for electricity (solar power and wind power is not applicable in all areas of the country, not to mention expensive). We are vulverable to many enemy implements of war. We have gaping holes in domestic security. We have organizational issues. By your logic all of these problems can be solved by the graduate students this country produces. I look at the world around me as evidence to this is just not true.

I graduated High School over 5 years ago, im a little beyond school. So your assumption about me is not correct. I dont care about who respects me. If noone has any respect for people with less then a PHD, fine. Dont expect any respect from me for beleiving that.

Tell me, what scientific contributions have you made to the planet? What are your credentials? Your published papers? Your math disproving why my simple idea I presented here would or wouldnt work.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I first started using YaYo in a computer game. It doesnt mean what you think it means. It is not an illicit drug, and it is not a famous rapper who is in jail. I dont do illegal drugs and I dont like rap.

You may have started using the name in a computer game, but yes, it is a reference to an illicit drug. The name for the drug in question came before the rapper of the same name adopted it for his own use.

I just dont personally approve of people who say that college graduates are more prepared then a person who spent 4 years conducting experiments, computer programming, and studying math in his basement.

I disagree. In a university environment, one must learn how to work with others... spending an equivalent amount of time in seclusion in one's basement really does not pay the same dividends with regards to the development of the social skills required to function in a work environment. And yes, while such social interaction may be ancillary to the importance of breakthrough discoveries, it is nonetheless necessary in any real world work environment.

You can get experience and practice in the real world just like you can in college.

Yes, I agree. However, there is no substitute for a good mentor.

To state with any level of self-assuredness that you would not benefit from such mentoring makes you as self-absorbed and mistakingly self-assured as the scientists you are so quick to criticize. Does that not make you the hypocrite?

And I would say your a hypocrite for asking for a peer review, you havent presented your own. You are saying "You do all the work and pass it on so I can have something I couldnt do myself". In some form thats exactly what your saying. And like I said I dont need your respect.

LOL... Look at the bright side, YaYo... at least you couldn't lose any more credibility...
Let me help educate the basement scientist: You are the one making esoteric claims, not I. I am not making any such claim, thus I have nothing to be peer reviewed.

You know YaYo... making such erroneous statements -- along with earlier claiming the computer was invented within the last ten years
-- is only demonstrative of the fact you are not nearly as intelligent (or informed) as you would like to believe, regardless of how many years you continue to "experiment" in your basement.

In my opinion I would say that the tens of thousands of graduate students who enter into the workforce every year dissapear. Are they all having brain drain or what? Where is all the innovative technologies? I know what happened, THEY ARENT THAT SMART. We rely on gasoline to get around, we rely on the electric companies for electricity (solar power and wind power is not applicable in all areas of the country, not to mention expensive). We are vulverable to many enemy implements of war. We have gaping holes in domestic security. We have organizational issues. By your logic all of these problems can be solved by the graduate students this country produces. I look at the world around me as evidence to this is just not true.

Then I would advise leaving your basement more often.
And please do not begin to insult my intelligence by making false assumptions regarding my logic. At least my statements and conclusions are logical.

I graduated High School over 5 years ago, im a little beyond school. So your assumption about me is not correct. I dont care about who respects me. If noone has any respect for people with less then a PHD, fine. Dont expect any respect from me for beleiving that.

Yes, you are exactly that: a "little beyond school." And my respect for someone is not based on their level of education. To the contrary, it is based on solely how they present themselves and how they treat others. It is for these reasons that you have lost my respect. But as you don't care, this shouldn't bother you in the slightest.

Lastly regarding your questions as to what I have contributed to the planet, as I am lacking in the self-delusions you so desparately cling to and consider myself an inherently humble individual, if I can pass from this earth having simply brought into this world a child who grows to become a better human being then myself or my wife, then I will have passed from this earth feeling I have contributed to the betterment of humanity in some small way.

As far as my credentials are concerned, I am a degreed mathematician who graduated on the Dean's List and went on to retire at the ripe age of 35. In my previous occupation as the managing director for a service firm in the IT industry, I met with two heads of state and over a half-dozen ministerial-level foreign dignitaries. And I have in fact been published (though this had nothing to do with mathematics). So where exactly is your camel, homie?

**A footnote: I personally applaud the innovators who buck the system. I myself have downloaded schematics for claimed free-energy devices, and would be the first to embrace clean, free energy (I would hazard a guess my utility bills are a bit higher than Yayo's). But self-contained knowledge or aptitude is not a sufficient condition for bringing any project to success. I have had more than one brilliant genius on payroll, only to let them go due to behavioral ineptitude and the subsequent threat to real-world projects. That having been said, regardless of my newly established opinion of YaYo as a person, I can honestly say I wish him or her all the best with his/her project.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
My name actually is just a name. It is not a reference to an illegal drug.

I meant the computer is the only technology that has really advanced in the last 10 years. I have owned a computer for more then 10 years, why would I say they have only been around for 10 years? I wouldnt.

To make a point I dont have any real desire to work with other people. I dont like it and they often bother me with their ignorance to the simplest of ideas. And I find that in any project I have been in, I usually am better off doing it myself. Sorry if that is my mentality. You can fault me on it all you want but you would just be as arrogant to a point of view as I am. Now that I made a point I would say that I already do know how to work with other people.

There is nothing wrong with learning from other people, but you dont have to be in college to get enlightened from someone else's knowledge.

Well this is not the place to present my idea to be peer reviewed. I mean we have one SBIR program manager who thinks he is smarter then everyone else and he has the wisest and most informed judgement on people's research proposals. We have one person who beleivs perpetual electricity can never exist because of the two laws of thermodynamics. And we have one other person who thinks he can be an underachiever in life and at the same time criticize other people because he can do the horizontal limbo. So as you can see this is probably not the place to seek a peer review.

I wouldnt say your statements are all that logical.

And did you just call me a homie? You met with two heads of state? How much did you pay? Service firm in the IT business? What firm and what did you do? Retired at 35? Im retired at 23.

As much as I probably think your a intellectual peon and my lack of respect for you, I thank you for wishing me luck in my project. And I too wish you luck in humping for potential future progress. And may your Internet travels be fruitful in google and amazons search engines, because it beats college.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   

My name actually is just a name. It is not a reference to an illegal drug.

Yes, "yayo" is a reference to coc aine.

I meant the computer is the only technology that has advanced in the last 10 years.

Really? So you claim there have been no advancements in aerospace technologies, nanotechnologies, or biotechnolgies? Are you truly that ignorant?

Let's see...

Also note the lady in charge is an obvious hardcore JEW

Yep. And a racist to boot! Way to show your true colors, "genius."

And yet you claim to be intelligent???

Hell, you can't even keep your own stories straight... In one post, you state it would require "thousands of dollars" (first post, page three), and yet in another half-way down the page:

And how much do you think that would cost to build? Maybe 200$.

So which is it, "genius?" Tell you what... I'll consider covering the couple hundy, if you'll let me throw in an extra fifty for English lessons and a bucket of apostrophes...

Honestly I dont have any real desire to work with other people.

Of course you don't. And you continue:

I dont like it and they often bother me with their stupidity and ignorance to the simplest of ideas. And I find that in any project I have been in, I usually am better off doing it myself. Sorry if that is my mentality.

Yep. Had you pegged to a tee. No need to be sorry... it's your problem, not mine.

Well this is not the place to present my idea to be peer reviewed. I mean we have one SBIR program manager who thinks he is smarter then everyone else and he has the wisest and most informed judgement on people's research proposals.

While I cannot attest to whether or not this person thinks he or she is smarter than everyone else, I would bet my bottom dollar he or she sure as hell knows more about the SBIR solicitation process than do you.

In truth, you're so ignorant you don't even know what you don't know!

We have one person who beleivs perpetual electricity can never exist because of the two laws of thermodynamics and the reason the patent office wont accept claims without prototypes.

And he's not the only one. Get used to it (or better yet, don't and just spend the rest of your days in your basement, where you never have show even the most remote ability to adapt to adverse circumstances). Maybe someday you'll realize this is not your planet on which the rest of us should be grateful you let us live...

And we have one other person who thinks he can be an underachiever in life and at the same time criticize other people all because he can do the horizontal limbo. So as you can see this is probably not the place to seek a peer review.

Dman straight, Skippy.
So let's see... now you're hating on breeders and Jews? Am I tabulating your ignorance correctly, or have I left any other groups out?

I wouldnt say your statements are all that logical.

Unfortunately, you have long since established yourself as a poor judge of logic.

As much as I probably think your a intellectual peon and my lack of respect for you, I thank you for wishing me luck in my project. And I too wish you luck in humping for potential future progress. And may your Internet travels be fruitful in google and amazons search engines, because it beats college.

I'll let that whole paragraph go on the merit that I like your bag on wishing me luck "in humping for potential future progress." What can I say other then that is pretty dman funny. And I think I will work further towards that goal in a little while...

Look. I think you are correct in your statement that maybe this board is not the place to present the data to back up your (so far empty and) esoteric claims. For one last time in this thread, I quote:

I will present the math.

But of course you have not. Becasuse it doesn't exist. All that exists is an idea (and not a bad idea at that, but by no means original) and a cheesy drawing. Hell, I doubt you could even produce a high-level functional spec document for your cartoon. I would even go as far as to postulate that maybe this board isn't for you, period, as the persons who frequently post here are just that -- other persons, and apparently (and by your own admission) you do not play well with others.

I'm afraid you've had too much "YaYo," and frankly, at this point, so have I.

[Yawn]
(Grows tired of entertaining this drivel with this quasi-arrogant delusional pseudointellect)
[sound of sdrumrunner clicking on the "ignore" button]

You have added YaYo to your Ignore List.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join