It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Flying Saucer info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Yeah. Yeah. I know it's strange, but does anyone have any links/info that a guy could use to build a flying saucer?

What I'm looking for is something like plans, scaled drawings or photos that could be used to approximate/scale together some construction drawings.

Did I say it was strange? Yeah! I guess I already covered that...

Seems like I'm always the construction geek on projects of this type. I've already located the materials for the skin and the finish. The technique for duplicating curved surfaces and skinning them is actually fairly simple... But I'm drawing an absolute blank on the profile.

I want it to make look real.

Please help me. Having some kind of authentic looking starting point would be a monstrous time saver and besides... It's for a good cause! these people, my friends, really need our help.

Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There was a program on TV over in the UK were a bunch of engineers build a full size flying saucer and flew it over the English countryside.
It was made from mylar balloon material and sounded like a giant hair dryer though

I believe the program was called 'A very British UFO hoax'

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Although the site has been shut down for who knows what reason, you can access info at:

web.archive.org...*/www.magneticenergy.com...

There are plans there to build a "device".

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
www.americanantigravity.com...

Mostly ION propultion though, but real technology none the less.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for info guys.

I guess that I didn't make the intended usage very clear...

If it helps, think of this flying saucer as only being a static/display model. It is not intended to have any flight capability. So chances are I wouldn't need any anti-grav devices/space drives.

It is strictly going to be used to try to get some MUCH NEEDED PUBLICITY to draw attention to the plight of some local people who are being BRUTALLY SAVAGED by county bureaucrats... It's an in the open, light of the day insanity perpetuated by the 'building department' called DDES in King County (area around Seattle), Washington, USA.

None of the local 'news' agencies in any media are reacting in any way to these poor peoples cries for help... Despite all of the evidence... Including ALL of the so-called 'investigative reporters'.

It's absolutely beyond outrageous.

So, our flying saucer needs to look real, complete with pulsing lights at night. It will be somewhere in the 16-24 feet in diameter (with the only limitation being able to trailer it) with an absolutely gorgeous metallic reflective surface (Paints are just so awesome these days!). It's either going to look like it's landed in these peoples front yards, sitting on its landing gear, like in The Day the Earth Stood Still...

Or, it has been suggested crashed into these peoples roof...
Kind of on a diagonal. (I seem to vaguely remember some Far Side cartoon
)

We are building it this weekend, please help me to help this people.

Need some good pictures/artists rendtion, my guys can work with. We are totally pumped!!

I will of course be sharing pictures of the finished product...

Thanks again... I really appreciate the help!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It looks like it's going to be about 24ft in diameter...

The weather has hit the fall pattern, so we're building a hangar.

I've got a profile, but quite frankly it's still not that sexy...

Who has got a lead on the hottest looking saucer? Help me please... Mr Wizard!

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina

It is strictly going to be used to try to get some MUCH NEEDED PUBLICITY to draw attention to the plight of some local people who are being BRUTALLY SAVAGED by county bureaucrats... It's an in the open, light of the day insanity perpetuated by the 'building department' called DDES in King County (area around Seattle), Washington, USA.

None of the local 'news' agencies in any media are reacting in any way to these poor peoples cries for help... Despite all of the evidence... Including ALL of the so-called 'investigative reporters'.

It's absolutely beyond outrageous.

So, our flying saucer needs to look real, complete with pulsing lights at night. It will be somewhere in the 16-24 feet in diameter (with the only limitation being able to trailer it) with an absolutely gorgeous metallic reflective surface (Paints are just so awesome these days!). It's either going to look like it's landed in these peoples front yards, sitting on its landing gear, like in The Day the Earth Stood Still...

What exactly is the Plight of these locals?

How is Faking a life size flying Saucer going to help them?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
this site

link

should give you some guidelines - if just a profile is all you want

SFC

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It sounds like your attempting to create a hoax?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   
1/3 tall by whatever diameter. Three anti-gravity units either inside or outside on the Bottom.

Crew compartment sits in the middle at the mid-point, but always between and on the inside of the three antigrav triangular systems.

Hatch is an opening in the mid-section and opens downwards. The Craft rests on three polls, always a tripod. Uneven landing surfaces is always brought level through the adjustment of one or more tripod extensions.

The ring around the circumference is free and generally spinning anti-clockwise. There is for the most part a dome on top 1/3 the width and has a small 1-3 ft antenna extended vertical from the top of the dome.

The skin is most often reported as either bright shiny metalic or puter.

Hope that helps.

Please don't ask about the Mother Ships as they are at least 1/4 mile or more long and retangular.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Now that link is what I call some SEXY saucer profiles!

Thanks Ignorant_ape. I owe you one.

Lost_shaman:

>'What exactly is the Plight of these locals?'

The 'building department' called DDES in King County (area around Seattle), Washington, USA are absolute RACISTS! They are practicing that 'special rules' form of Jim Crow against these poor people just because some of the owners are African-Americans.

These poor people got all patriotic after 9/11 and the four enterprising principals, all hardworking, professional and idealistic people were going to go out and show those terrorists that they couldn't keep America down by starting a new business remodeling America one home at a time. They certainly didn't count on running into those totally schizophrenic and out-of-control thugs at DDES of King County, Seattle WA!

9/11? As in 9/11/01? As in September 11, 2001? Yes!!!

These people have basically invested what amounts to their life savings into this project that DDES refuses to let them have a building permit for what is rapidly approaching 4 years!

Despite tens of thousands of dollars worth of permit fees, building plans submissions, land use decision appeals fees...

DDES keeps creating and enforcing RULES that don't exist!!! Everyone knows the rules don't exist. The DDES officials just laugh in these peoples faces when talking about it. These people have submitted public disclosure requests for the text of the rules.

DDES simply ignores the requests and sends back correspondence pretending as if a totally different question was asked.... But still QUOTES the rules when sending yet another turn down notice.

That is only the Cheshire cat rules...

The really sad part is I haven't even told you 2% of this nightmare that has befallen these poor people... It just goes on... and on... and on...

No, not at the hands of the Taliban! No, not at the hands of al-Qaida! No... Something much more sinister... The RACISTS at DDES of King County, Seattle Washington!

If all of that wasn't flagrant enough...

A very comparable house just a few blocks down the street was given a building permit IN JUST ONE DAY for LESS THAN $300... to a non-African-America person...

It's an absolute disgrace.

Lost_shaman:
>'How is Faking a life size flying Saucer going to help them?'

It certainly can't hurt.

When all attempts have been made to contact ANYONE...

Including:

All of the local TV stations.
All of the local newspapers.
All of the local 'Investigative Reporters'.
All of the local Talk Radio hosts.
All of the local/state/federal enforcement agencies.

that could help correct the situation and gets TOTALLY IGNORED... It becomes time to try a something a little different...

Wouldn't you agree?

SFC:
>'It sounds like your attempting to create a hoax?'

Nah. Just getting together with a few of my friends to correct a heinous wrong.

Also... Thanks for the pointers Dallas. Looks like you have been looking at that Vril site. I want to check into that sometime...

[edit on 20-9-2005 by golemina]

[edit on 20-9-2005 by golemina]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
golemina

Are you skeptic of the UFO phenomenon? Or neither, just a guy whos interested in UFOs and wants to have a laugh?

If your trying to create publicity in this troubled area, try building a huge zeppelin or something. Man made flying saucers mostly end up looking silly.

Go with a huge zeppelin

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
hmmmm, based on the facts presented it sounds like a call to the ACLU or such to locate a solicitor who will woirk on a contigency basis in exchange for being on the front page for the triakl duration would be much more productive

no offence but IMHO the people who turn up to your UFO stunt - will react baddly to a " change of topic " and keep staring at the ufo wondering " what has this got to do with planning dept corruption " ???

such things as sit down protests etc get attention as does slander / libel campaigns - in the hope that the allkeged corrut dept " sues you - then you can get the contested planning regs as a central plank of your defence so they HAVE TO produce them in court

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here's another link

I Haven't read the whole thing, but it looks interesting.

www.theorderoftime.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I have to agree with ignorant_ape.

Protest outside the Building Dept. , make sure someone calls and reports the protest to the local news.

I would agree that if you can't get anyone to listen you probably need to do something different. I can hardly imagine a UFO stunt going the direction you think it will take you.

Surely you are not at the end of your rope yet, because after faking a landed UFO you will be. Because no one in your community will take anything you say seriously after this stunt , as in right after ; before you get a chance to talk about social injustices.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, golemina,

I would say that if you have some junk parts and spray paint,
making a UFO good enuf to attract crowds was done here in this
thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

But it looked rather heavy and probally takes some muscle to move it around.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I probably didn't do that good a job of explaining exactly how bad these poor peoples situation really is...

Here are some responses to some of the point that have been brought up:

Ignorant_Ape:
>'...based on the facts presented it sounds like a call to the ACLU or such to locate a solicitor who will work on a contingency basis in exchange for being on the front page for the triakl duration would be much more productive'

You would think so...

Unfortunately, the Seattle ACLU says:

'Although there are exceptions, the ACLU does not generally assist in criminal defense, post-conviction appeals, divorce or custody matters, property disputes, tax problems, landlord-tenant disputes, appeals of building code violations, or complaints about lawyers. In all of our cases, there must be a clear civil liberties or civil rights issue.'

Basically this would be considered something along the lines of 'building code violations'/property rights. Not very high on their list...

Additionally these guys ARE represented by an attorney... In fact, a guy that seems fairly good! Every action their attorney has brought in front of the court system, they've won!

Well, at least that's what it looks like on paper...

After these guys won their first 'land use appeal' to Superior Court, the Health Dept was totally ignoring the judges decision that these guys needed in fact to be granted a Health Dept permit for their existing OSS (Onsite Septic System
) for something like 6 or 8 months.

The Health Dept wasn't returning phones calls, letters, etc. IN SPITE of the judges order to EXPEDITE and COOPERATE with these guys efforts to get their 'Health Dept approval'!

So their attorney had no choice but to bring a 'contempt' motion because of the absolute noncompliance.

The King County Prosecutors Offices Assistant Prosecuting Attorney responded in court by TOTALLY FALSYFYING a record/log of supposed communications with these guys attorney!

She seemed rather outraged to be accused of ignoring these poor peoples attorneys supposed efforts at communications. If fact, her records conclusively proved that she responded to every single attempt at communications from these guys attorney... Sometimes by fax... within minutes!!!

Only problem is with her CUT-N-PASTE documentation efforts showing successful faxes of return correspondence, she sent it to an area code that DID NOT EXIST!

In an absolute surreal event in open court these guys attorneys said he received NO SUCH communications whatsoever, the Asst PA apologized for her supposed mistake, then quickly changed the subject that the Health Dept was here for the singular purpose of bringing this matter to a rapid and immediate conclusion...

The judge witnessed ALL of this and did absolutely nothing. The judge ordered all the parties to meet and come to an agreement. Which did happen.

So they reached an agreement in a conference room.

An agreement that the King County DDES RENEGED on within days!

Now what exactly could any attorney really accomplish in the face of such OUTRAGEOUS behavior by King County officials, INCLUDING the Prosecuting Attorney's office?

My friends and their attorney being honest people simply can't compete with the several dozen King County officials who have don't feel ANY need whatsoever to play 'by the rules'.

Lost_Shaman:
> 'I can hardly imagine a UFO stunt going the direction you think it will take you.'

This won't be a stunt, or an event... in the conventional sense.

It will be the gemstone on top of the pyramid... Once ALL of the documentation of ALL this CORRUPTION by King County officials has been documented down to the tiniest detail by onsite documentation, reader boards, photos, who is whos...

After all, if ALL of the laws of man AND nature seem to have been suspended on this worksite (including, according to this 'Superior Court judge', water flowing downhill!), it is no small wonder that a flying saucer should get sucked into and crash into this Twilight Zone episode.

SpreadingtheTruth:
>'... try building a huge zeppelin or something. Man made flying saucers mostly end up looking silly.'

Flying saucer look silly? Not going to happen! My compatriots and I... we are all certifiable geniuses! Er... Or was that certifiable? One thing for sure, we have lots of imagination. I guess we'll see.

Zepplin... You kidding? How exactly are you supposed to trailer a Led Zepplin?

Thanks for the visual NightWing.

I just love that 45 degree crash site photo!

I seriously appreciate all your help guys.

Thanks!

top topics

join