It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This the Beginning of the End?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Anyone of you here that have followed the peak oil posts or - unless you've lived in a cave the last few years - may have noticed the rise in oil prices and gasoline prices.

Now I believe oil comes from where mainstream science says it does; extinct plant/marine life. Never mind debating about it here. There are many threads already on ATS about this topic.

What I would like to discuss is the spiritual aspects of the nature of oil (which is energy) and how it relates to the end times. God states that he is the alpha and omega, and that the nature of this physical world has good and bad, yin and yang, beginnings and endings, etc. etc. Therefore, it is obvious that oil is a form of stored energy from the beginnings of life and that now in the last century has been exploited to the point that it is becoming rare. The philosophy of peak oil is that we reach a point where supply cannot meet demand and the price escalates until it is for the most part not feasible to use oil any more.

In other words, the energy of the past, we are now using now is coming to an end. Since this stored energy had its origins at the beginnings of life, could this be our reaping of rewards and a sure sign of the waning or ending of the human drama?

Add additional thoughts if you feel this infers symbolizism that the time will soon come for our creator to finally intervene and put an end to the reign of the antichrist or Satan.

Of course, if you really don't believe in what the Bible says of Revelations or the existence of God, this thread really isn't for you and it is not here to debate those things.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
ben, human life is not gonna end overnight because we run out of oil. of a few years, we are gonna be in trouble, but things will turn out ok in the end

as for oil running out being a sign for christans that god is angery [might have misuderstood, correct me if iam wrong] i feel that, in your belives, god put oil on earth for humans too destroy themsevles, so why don`t they?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well, I am talking spiritually here. I don't think we will be evaporated because we can't buy oil. I liken it to other spiritual signs like man going to space as man going to the heavens. It states that in the end, fire will come from the sky in full view of men. Spiritually, this is a reference of when God produced a pillar of fire that came down and destroyed people. Today, we have the anti-christs lying signs and wonders of man being able to call fire down from heaven in the form of bombs, napalm, etc.

So, the sign is that we started with abundant energy, and we end using it all up. After this, what happens? If there was ever a more appropriate time for God to intervene, wouldn't it be when we spoil the last of our stored energy resources? Or is something else coming.

Just trying to get a discussion going on the possibilties.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
we do have lots of other energy sources though... its just that the infistructure for them is not in place.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
No doubt it is 'the beginning of the end.' But remember--the end of one thing is ALWAYS the beginning of another.

Infinity is true reality.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ben9

This isn't the beginning of the end, this is the END TIMES.

Only God knows the schedule. It could be over soon; or it could drag on indefinatly.

Revelations iNMO is impossible to decipher. Many have tried with the intent to scare the masses for their own reasons; usually to sell books.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Of course, if you really don't believe in what the Bible says of Revelations or the existence of God, this thread really isn't for you and it is not here to debate those things.

Here's the problem; the Bible doesn't say anything about the Darby/Lindsay end times. This is an extrapolation based on combining selected scriptures (mostly Revelation and Daniel) and ignoring history.

The RCC, which happens to represent the majority of the Christians on earth, has as it's official position that we are already living in the kingdom. Revelation was fulfilled in the 1st century from the Catholic perspective, and was a series of spiritual events, within the context of the first century.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
ben, are you basing that this is the end on some book that was written 3000 years ago by a group of men who wanted to make the world a better place?

new topics

top topics

join