It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TurmOIL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Thats right, you work 5 hours at your lame job just to fill your SUV. You spend 2 hours worth of your paycheck in gasoline JUST DRIVING to work. With gas at $3.19 in some places, gas is almost DOUBLE of what it was five years ago.

The average price of gas fell 17 cents a gallon in the Midwest over the past two weeks, driving the nationwide average down by 6 cents a gallon to $1.60.

CBS News
CAMARILLO, California, July 23, 2000

And yet some say The Iraqi War is for oil, however, I see no reason to believe we are getting oil...Some say the Iraqi War is to fight terrorism, However we still have no idea where Bin Laden is and after three years of killing, aiding, dying, killing, etc. WE STILL CAN'T FIND "Those evil terrorists." -G.W.B. Jr.

This is why America should impeach and reform our mislead system. As an American I have my right to say...AMERICA IS THE ULTIMATE EMPIRE... Yet we can't seem to get our human barings straight. Where are you gonna be in the next five years? DISCOVER TRUTH. WE ARE THE PREACHING. WE ARE THE IGNORANCE DENIERS! Peace world.

[edit on 31-8-2005 by PsychevolvedApe]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't wish to be rude but I find it amusing that American's are whining over $3.00 a gallon, it's your energy policy and throw-away culture that's come back to kick you in the a**!

America seriously needs to think about a general lifestyle and attitude change -- as well as many other countries -- or you'll face much higher prices in times to come.

Instead of moaning about it here, sell the Damned SUV and invest in something more practical!

[edit on 9/1/2005 by InTuneToDoom]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I'm an American and I agree with the rest of the world. Actually, I think it is hilarious that most "Americans" are complaining about this. I really think most people in the US are spoiled to the core in their lives and when I see masses complaining I know what comes around goes around - so to speak. Fortunately, I have always had to rely on being flexible and resourceful in everything I have done in life, because my life has always been unstable. Now, everyone else starts to get a taste of it, and starts to complain because they are unprepared.

We'll see what happens, huh?

join