It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Wars: Was Katrina artficially created?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

detail from the eyewall of Katrina,

full image here:

www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

anyone know what that is shooting out? it almost looks like a potatoshop job, except ...

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Looks like a rain streak on the window or a reflection from inside the plane.

Full story here:
www.noaanews.noaa.gov...

- streak here - see the instruments reflection on bottom.

- here's another of more window reflections and streaks

- dirty plane window - straight streaks

Find more streaks here:
www.photolib.noaa.gov...

[edit on 12-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
are you looking at the detail or the full image? In the full image it appears to be some distance from the aircraft.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm looking at it as a professional photographer and graphic artist, and the images I posted the links to show about the same thing. Depth of field can vary by the f-stop setting on the lens.

It looks like something on the window (reflection or preciptation) to me and out of focus, either due to shutter speed or focal settings.

Meanwile have a wallpaper:
www.geocities.com...

Maybe you can explain why you see something besides a streak on the window.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
yeah, that's all fair and good (and if that's your artwork on that site, nice stuff man:up
but i don't quite get the point you are making. do you mean to say that it's a photographic error? or a touch up? (both possible) a water streak on glass doesn't usually look like cloud vapour in a very straight line. did you have a look at the full image and did you look at where the image came from?

cheers

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
could it be a trail from one of the hurricane hunter planes???
It looks to me like something falling into the clouds, not a streak on the window.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Same streak here - see the instruments reflection on bottom.

good eyes
however that looks more like a lens flare to me.although the instrument panel reflection did look like freaky floating text, for a second...however i still think the (funnel, abberation, scalar interferometry signature, frozen high speed duck) in the first picture looks distinctly different from the other examples.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Originally posted by orionthehunter
On the other hand though, I remember seeing some satellite pics as the storm approached land and I thought I saw what I have seen on some other hurricanes just before landfall. I thought I saw a sudden hole appear in a section of the hurricane eyewall.

Looked like dry air intrusion to me, but the timing was remarkable. Saved Nola from more extenstive damage.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

This may be an old thread but i have noticed that many storms (katrina included) had very odd happenings prior to landfall (i.e rapidly weakening eyewall).

This occured with Rita as well if i remember correctly and i remember reading about cloud seeding experiments that worked back in the late 50's or 60's where the results were very considerable.

The thing w/ Katrina was the sheer size and the amount of water she moved (from when the winds were very high and the long fetch) , the weakening at land fall, spared Bourbon street and the French quarter from catostrophic winds (as well as other areas) but the weakening was to late to stop the huge storm surge and pressure on the levees.

As far as creating storms or creating ripe conditions for them and intensifying them i think it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE but somethng like this would be "Above Top Secret", no matter how many people wish to laugh it off. I guess when one has no way to know if something like this is going on, one route is to brush it off.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i think it's possible for weather machines to exsist...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have compiled a good bit of data , some would say circumstantial, that in my opinion clearly points to active weather engineering programs since at least the mid 70's.

For some technical 'proof of concept', suspicious earthquakes and storms and general information check the following page and start at around part three of my first series of posts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

Stellar

[edit on 15-5-2008 by StellarX]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join