It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Plans More Military Exercises With China.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said on Wednesday that Russia is interested in holding more military exercises with China, but now they would also like to involve the
Shanghai Cooperation Organization member states, which includes, appart from China and Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.

www.mosnews.com
“We have not yet reached any specific accords but the General Staff and I would like to plan such exercises in the future and involve SCO member states,” Ivanov was quoted by RIA-Novosti as saying at a meeting with President Putin in Sochi.

The first Sino-Russian joint military exercises took place in mid August and involved more than 10,000 military personnel from both sides

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It is interesting that they want to include such countries as Uzbekistan in the next military exercises, which was in the news a couple months ago because of the prison break by the families of immates, and the subsequent attacks by the military upon the people that were part of the prison break, as well as other human right violations that have been occurring there.

I am not sure how good, or bad, the human rights of the other countries which are part of the SCO is, well except for China and Russia, but what is interesting to me is that they are including at least one coutry, in which the government has an extremist view of who is a terrorist, as in the case of Uzbekistan. This government has been going after Muslims for a while now, wether or not they are terrorists.

[edit on 10-9-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just have to wonder exactly why would anyone vote no on this thread, or that I should fix the headline. The headline says exactly what Russian officials have said.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Does any one else wonder, if China and the Russians will conduct mock invasions of a weakened USA? Right now would be the best time ever for foreign invaders to strike deep into America, there are more US Armed Forces out side of the US than there is within. The people are is disorder, and our state governments are fully distracted with efforts to assist and prevent.

To be honest, if I was from another nation and had a military under my command, there would be an exercise. That could just be me though, surely the Chinese along with Russia would never contemplate such a manuver, or would they.

Military Exercises, or preparedness training?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Does any one else wonder, if China and the Russians will conduct mock invasions of a weakened USA? Right now would be the best time ever for foreign invaders to strike deep into America, there are more US Armed Forces out side of the US than there is within.

ADVISOR, I think you are not too far from the truth, in fact I saw one news media post one comment by either a Russian or Chinese official saying that these military exercises were also done in case any nation needed help from internal riots. I will try to find that headline.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is not the headline I read last time but it also says pretty much what I said before.

The Chinese Defense Ministry said Tuesday the exercises were meant to "strengthen the capability of the two armed forces in jointly striking international terrorism, extremism and separatism."

But the Russian military added that another goal was to practice joint action to "settle regional crises."

Col. Gen. Vladimir Moltenskoi, the deputy chief of Russia's Land Forces in charge of the exercise, said Tuesday the drills envisage action to separate parties in a conflict in a third country with the backing of the United Nations.

Under the scenario, the Shandong peninsula, which juts into the Yellow Sea about 275 miles southeast of Beijing, poses as an imaginary state "on the territory of which riots stemming from ethnic discord took place and confrontation between different forces occurred," Moltenskoi said.

He said the exercise plan had no relation to Taiwan or any other specific country.

Excerpted from.
Link

Both the Chinese and Russian governments do have internal conflicts, but I do also wonder if this could be used as an excuse by them trying to invade any country, including the US now that we have so many problems and the situation is deteriorating.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by Muaddib]

new topics

top topics

join