It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Page 1: Light and Darkness means ? Light, Day & Night Created on FIRST DAY & Also Fourth DAY?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I thought i would pull up an older thread to see if any newer BTS members would care to contribute their thoughts on this subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I see something in it that I did not see before. The beginning of the week talks of spiritual truth or light and then in the middle of the week a new night and day is created that is a physical one that we experience. Sort of like a fictional story created in the middle of the real story, which reverts back to why Daniel and Revelations point to a dividing time in the midst of creation or 7.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hey hey, just got done reading through Genesis again not too long ago. I've come to the reasoning that when God divided day by the night, He did so for the benefit of us being able to make a distinction. From the time measurement, we'd learned all sorts of other ways to measuring things. There's a lot of "teaching" moments in Genesis and I think this was one of the first. Later on, Christ says "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath." (Mark 2:27) emphasizing that God often does these things to our benefit, not because God has any restriction on how to do things. He's in effect showing us how it's done. Christ emphasizes why we should rest for Sabbath, but should not be turning a blind eye to those in need.

As far as the confusion of the first and the fourth day, consider the following:

Day 1 - "And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."

He creates only the day, night, evening, and morning. At this point, there's no sun, no moon, no stars. So where was the light coming from then? Are we forgetting the creator is God?

Day 4- And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day."

Here he appoints designees to run the system without His micro-management. The sun is now the light, there's moon put into place, the stars, etc.

When was light created? Day one.
When was day, night, morning and evening created? Day one.
Where was the light coming from on Day one? God.

When was the sun, moon, stars, sky created? Day four.
Where was the light coming from after day four? Sun, moon, stars.
When was measurement of seasons, days and years? Day four.

Hopefully this helps. A few read-throughs and consideration can also help.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join